Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age
Sep 14, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #526 of 686
I am in the market for new CIEM. The manufactuer (CustomArt), offers option to choose T2 socket and get Linum cables with CIEMs (they will subtract the price of their standard 2pin cable from the price of the Linum cable).

I don't know what to choose. Get the standard 2pin and buy Linum BaX and keep the CustomArt standard cable as a spare. Or go with T2 so i have to buy the Linum cable and i can't get the standard one (its only 2pin), and whenever something happens to the cable, go only with Linum again, because no other company offers T2 cables.

There is no price difference in chosing 2pin or T2 sockets in CIEM. And i am planing on getting the Linum cable anyway in whatever connector version.

Any advice in what should i go for?

Sep 14, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #527 of 686
  I am in the market for new CIEM. The manufactuer (CustomArt), offers option to choose T2 socket and get Linum cables with CIEMs (they will subtract the price of their standard 2pin cable from the price of the Linum cable).

I don't know what to choose. Get the standard 2pin and buy Linum BaX and keep the CustomArt standard cable as a spare. Or go with T2 so i have to buy the Linum cable and i can't get the standard one (its only 2pin), and whenever something happens to the cable, go only with Linum again, because no other company offers T2 cables.

There is no price difference in chosing 2pin or T2 sockets in CIEM. And i am planing on getting the Linum cable anyway in whatever connector version.

Any advice in what should i go for?

In my opinion, I would stick to a more commonly used connectors like 2-pin or mmcx to keep your options open for different aftermarket cables.

Sep 14, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #528 of 686
Thank you! I got the same advice also directly from CustomArt.2pin it is then.

Sep 15, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #529 of 686
i just got the Balanced version. Now i understand when people say that it's like you are not using any cable at all - i can barely feel them over my ears. it was quite a challenge inserting them on recessed sockets - for a while i fear that i might bend the pins. But i eventually managed to install them and that was a relief!

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #530 of 686
Any tips in how to solder the Linum BaX from 3.5mm to balanced? I managed to get 2 for a good price so I had a friend solder an RSA end on it but he's been having massive issues with it. Any tips would be appreciated!

Oct 7, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #531 of 686
  Any tips in how to solder the Linum BaX from 3.5mm to balanced? I managed to get 2 for a good price so I had a friend solder an RSA end on it but he's been having massive issues with it. Any tips would be appreciated!

A: Very carefully.

Seriously, what's the problem? Soldering the tiny wires, or knowing what wire(s) goes to what connector pin(s)?

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #532 of 686
Ye

A: Very carefully.

Seriously, what's the problem? Soldering the tiny wires, or knowing what wire(s) goes to what connector pin(s)?

Yes, what wire/s goes to which connector? It's for an RSA Balanced plug.

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #534 of 686

Assuming you are connecting to a Kobiconn connector here you go: LINK

Yes so I know the Linum cable has 6 wires in it, my friend was telling me he's just not sure which 3 are + and which 3 are -.

Oct 10, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #537 of 686
Yes, I have the same issue with my Bax. What a shame given that its one of the nicer cables around. Strangely enough, I also have the Music cable and the issue was less pronounced.

Are these kinks causing sound issues or something? I am currently not noticing any lasting bends/kinks in the cable anywhere, but I am a bit concerned now.

Oct 12, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #540 of 686
We have recently become aware that some Linum users have experienced issues with a very tight cable slider / cinch that in some cases damages the cable. We're truly sorry about this and we will be happy to help you sort out the matter.

If you've had these issues with your Linum cable, please send us an e-mail at sales@estron.dk with information about the cable, proof of purchase and your address information. If your cable is still within warranty (12 months), and otherwise has been treated as it can be expected, we will be happy to replace your cable right away.

Though it is not our impression that many have had cable cinch issues, we have made improvements on the cable cinch to avoid similar issues onwards.
Best regards from the Linum team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back