Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age
Jan 14, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #571 of 686
bought bax cable on may 2015. Replaced it on oct 2015 due to cable failure and today the newly replaced 2 month old cable fail to work on the right side.

Seriously, is the QC really that bad for the bax cable?

Personaly I've never had any problem after one year of daily use of my bax cable.
Could there be a difference in build quality between the different connectors? I've got T2s

Jan 14, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #572 of 686
I've got my 2pin BaX (long version) since August last year and i'm using it daily on my commute (sometimes in the office, too) and so far can't find anything wrong with it.
I don't really treat it differently/more careful than my previous (presumably more durable?) stock cable...so nothing to complain about in that regard, either!

Jan 14, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #573 of 686
  I've got my 2pin BaX (long version) since August last year and i'm using it daily on my commute (sometimes in the office, too) and so far can't find anything wrong with it.
I don't really treat it differently/more careful than my previous (presumably more durable?) stock cable...so nothing to complain about in that regard, either!

Mine's gonna get here on Tuesday. How does it compare to the stock cable, anything to say about the soundstage and whatever else you think a future owner should know about?

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #574 of 686
I received the Linum cable as part of the acs Encore, they use it as the stock cable. Have had to send it back to acs, termination into my dap was defective, causing the signal to go in and out on one channel. Don't treat them roughly, mostly use the headphones to fall asleep to.
Also find footfalls transmit really strongly while walking, not sure if that's the cable or just a result of the ciem.
And, the tangling of these things is amazing and frustrating.
Overall, can't say I love them.

Jan 15, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #575 of 686

Mine's gonna get here on Tuesday. How does it compare to the stock cable, anything to say about the soundstage and whatever else you think a future owner should know about?

Not too much to know :)
It is more tangly than other cables, so storage can become interesting. Keeping the plug and phones away from the bundle of cable inbetween usually helps...

Soundwise - to my ears - they mainly helped with overall clarity. I didn't do too much testing back and forth really...bought these mainly for their thinness/wearing comfort.

Jan 15, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #576 of 686
  Not too much to know :)
It is more tangly than other cables, so storage can become interesting. Keeping the plug and phones away from the bundle of cable inbetween usually helps...

Soundwise - to my ears - they mainly helped with overall clarity. I didn't do too much testing back and forth really...bought these mainly for their thinness/wearing comfort.

Thanks for the swift reply. Yeah, I also got it for the same reason plus the need for a longer cable. I have 2 Westone stock cables (long and short), but the long one started to fail after repeated abuse and the short one, well... it's too short.

I'm actually curious about the Super Bax.. when I spoke to Linum they said it would cost 250 EUR (short version and not 2 pin like I need) and will be available in late February. Atm though, I don't see myself spending that much on a cable. 

Jan 18, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #577 of 686
My 2-pin Linum Bax is for sale in The Netherlands:

http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/audio-tv-en-foto/koptelefoons-en-headsets/m1012143161-linum-bax-high-end-kabel-voor-in-ear-monitors.html?c=be2da871b0d84f75c3056cc6db858f31&previousPage=lr

€ 25,00

Jan 22, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #584 of 686
We are of course sorry that some of you have had troubles with your Linum cables, and some even twice, which is not acceptable. Fortunately, it rarely happens, yet we have had a batch with some inconsistencies.

Those who had troubles took contact directly to us, which we appreciate very much! This is really the only way we have a chance to help you out – and to improve our cables onwards.

As many of you know already, we continuously work on cable and connector improvements. We hope – in addition to the Linum Super BaX with expected release in May - to have some news quite soon.

Have a great weekend.

Jan 26, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #585 of 686
The sleeve of my Linum MMCX BaX cable got loose. Though easily fixed, I'm worried this will get worse over time.

Can this be replaced @Linum? 1 year warranty will end this February 2016. Bought here in the Philippines thru EggHead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back