REVIEW: Elekit TU882 tube headphone amp (kit and assembled)
Feb 3, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #121 of 158
Skylab ranked Bijou higher than TU 882 so that's a general ballpark.

TU 882 is more suited to a wide range of impedances but the Bijou has a band-aid for its OTL nature with the negative feedback knob. I think, anyway.

Feb 3, 2010 at 2:29 PM Post #122 of 158
The Bijou is overall the higher quality amp, IMO. But with very low impedance headphones, the Elekit might be a better choice in some cases. But I was not ever able to directly compare these side by side.

Feb 10, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #124 of 158
I've been enjoying this amp for several months, but I admit that the gain on it is way out of whack. With my D7000s, I never have it past 9 o clock. Most of the time I have to very carefully fiddle with the dial to get it to a proper volume, because very small movements of the knob result in large changes in volume. I'm willing to modify my unit if anyone knows of a way to reduce the gain....

Any ideas?

Feb 11, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #125 of 158
I would like add my 2 cents to discussion too..
I listened to Elekit with HD 800 over couple month on stock tubes. Source is Electrocompaniet EMC 1UP with silver interconnects (Silver Audio Bullet 6.0, Kondo An-Vx), signal going through Audion Pre amp. I was amazed with the sound quality and particularly when I upgraded from Rotel RCD 990 CDP (really good rare one) to EMC 1UP. Elekit resolution jumped accordingly with ease when feeding far better source input. Now I finally got WE 396A (thanks Victor from vkmusic.ca!!!), it sounds even better.. I did not notice any warmth in the sound, I find it more comfortable, detailed, better bass articulation. All in all, I am very happy with Elekit and how it handles HD800, I just would find any flaws in the sound reproduction.. Of course everything learned through comparison, there might be a better amp....but for what cost
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 14, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #126 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsplice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been enjoying this amp for several months, but I admit that the gain on it is way out of whack. With my D7000s, I never have it past 9 o clock. Most of the time I have to very carefully fiddle with the dial to get it to a proper volume, because very small movements of the knob result in large changes in volume. I'm willing to modify my unit if anyone knows of a way to reduce the gain....

Any ideas?

Is it that bad even when using low-impedance headphone output jack? At what point does the channel imbalance goes away with D7000?

This sucks even more for those of us to don't usually listen at loud volumes. Especially with powerful amps that don't sound their best when you use just ~10% of their power.

Feb 14, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #127 of 158
This is due to the specification of the volume used for TU-882R.
The solution is to exchange it with some other volume, and we recommend the following volume;
English site:
RK27 Series

Japanese site (seems to have more information than English site):
RK27 Series

The coverage for the current volume is -40dB, but the one above is -60dB.
The difference of -20dB affects the balance at low volume.

May 17, 2010 at 12:07 AM Post #129 of 158
Has anybody tried RE0 with the amp?  I get hissing with the medium impedance plug.  

Oct 6, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #131 of 158

[size=small][size=small][size=11pt]From the spec of LCD-2, this headphone will  match well with Elekit TU-882.  ie.  Impedance: 50 Ohms  [/size][/size][/size]
[size=small][size=small][size=11pt]Elekit TU-882as with V-cap  is available soon.  This will improve TU-882 further.[/size][/size][/size]

Oct 25, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #132 of 158

Quote:

[size=small][size=small][size=11pt]From the spec of LCD-2, this headphone will  match well with Elekit TU-882.  ie.  Impedance: 50 Ohms  [/size][/size][/size]
[size=small][size=small][size=11pt]Elekit TU-882as with V-cap  is available soon.  This will improve TU-882 further.[/size][/size][/size]

Any update about that?

Nov 4, 2010 at 10:25 AM Post #133 of 158
This is an interesting unit.  What type of power connection does it have (IEC, etc.)?  Also, how good is the fit, especially regarding the interface between the faceplate and the front panel connections?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back