Review: ECCI PR100 and PR200 - Cyclone's Fresh Start
Oct 18, 2011 at 9:10 AM Post #31 of 39
Bought the PR200 from lendmeurears' shop display today. The version I got doesn't have the sliding cord cinch and the strain relief on the 3.5mm plug is opaque black instead of translucent. 

I'm enjoying the sound, having used the Sunrise Xcape IE and CAL the past few weeks. I'm wondering what I'm supposed to hear when I switch between the "elongated narrower-tube Shure tips and [the] shorter wider-tube UE tips". The IEMs come with the UE tips installed. I've just switched to the Shure ones and they seem to fit better.

Am thinking of using the PR200 when I'm on the treadmill. Will they hold up well against all that sweat? 

Oct 18, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #33 of 39

Quote:
Bought the PR200 from lendmeurears' shop display today. The version I got doesn't have the sliding cord cinch and the strain relief on the 3.5mm plug is opaque black instead of translucent. 

I'm enjoying the sound, having used the Sunrise Xcape IE and CAL the past few weeks. I'm wondering what I'm supposed to hear when I switch between the "elongated narrower-tube Shure tips and [the] shorter wider-tube UE tips". The IEMs come with the UE tips installed. I've just switched to the Shure ones and they seem to fit better.

Am thinking of using the PR200 when I'm on the treadmill. Will they hold up well against all that sweat? 

The narrower tips compress the stage a little but don't expect huge differences. I would go with whatever is more comfortable - ultimately that matters just as much as sound quality.

I didn't have any issues using the PR100 or PR200 daily but it's hard to say how they will do in the long run. Build seemed very solid, with nicely closed seams and a cable that didn't exhibit signs of hardening after a couple of months. 

Jan 22, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #34 of 39
I just got my PR200s today and for $30 I am mighty impressed. I'll get around to writing a proper review once they're burned in etc - but these seem criminally underrated for me. Also I think Jokers description of the sound was pretty spot on. They are balanced with a bit of fun thrown in. Although the bass doesn't rumble I am impressed by its depth (considering the price tag) -- If that makes sense. Also the fit is really good - I get a much better fit with the longer tube style then the shorter tube. These will probably quite easily replace my Meelec M9s as my cheap & cheerful choice. Pity they don't make em with mic n button.  

Jan 22, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #35 of 39

Quote:
I just got my PR200s today and for $30 I am mighty impressed. I'll get around to writing a proper review once they're burned in etc - but these seem criminally underrated for me. Also I think Jokers description of the sound was pretty spot on. They are balanced with a bit of fun thrown in. Although the bass doesn't rumble I am impressed by its depth (considering the price tag) -- If that makes sense. Also the fit is really good - I get a much better fit with the longer tube style then the shorter tube. These will probably quite easily replace my Meelec M9s as my cheap & cheerful choice. Pity they don't make em with mic n button.  

Yeah, these are more like the MEElec CW31s than any of the M-series stuff. You would probably like the PR401 as well 
wink.gif

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #37 of 39
That's wierd.... I just bought a PR200 in China...
Mine doesn't even have a strain relief? Box and packaging seems real and all....

Feb 6, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #38 of 39

Quote:
Just an FYI,
The PR100 is discontinued here in China, PG200 will take it's place
http://www.audioecci.com/Prodetail_en.aspx?proid=21

That looks nice but I thought the PR100 was replaced a while ago with the PG100. Wouldn't be surprised if they dropped the PR200 now as well.

Quote:
That's wierd.... I just bought a PR200 in China...
Mine doesn't even have a strain relief? Box and packaging seems real and all....

Newer version, perhaps. 

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #39 of 39

Quote:

That looks nice but I thought the PR100 was replaced a while ago with the PG100. Wouldn't be surprised if they dropped the PR200 now as well.

Newer version, perhaps. 

PG100 isn't even listed anymore at the ECCI website, I think the PG200 was meant to replace PG100

Yeah, I asked around and it is indeed a newer version 
wink.gif

Another good news, PG200\PR200\PR300 is on a discount, 41% precisely,
for those who can read mandarin
http://bbs.imp3.net/thread-10541569-1-1.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back