Review: ECCI PR100 and PR200 - Cyclone's Fresh Start
Mar 7, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #16 of 39
Unfortunately the peakiness in lower treble will keep me away,
frown.gif
but it's probably for the best if the whole sound spectrum is still laid back.

Mar 8, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #17 of 39
Added a short comparison vs the PR1 Pro, which is what everyone seems to be after anyway. It's a moot point now since the PR1 is sold out even at Gyratech.

Maybe it's a temporary thing but I really feel like there's a place for these in the market despite their flaws. The balance is just superb. Listening to the PR100s side-by-side with the ThinkSound Thunders really reveals the flaws of the Thunders - smallish soundstage, slightly recessed mids, rough/grainy treble, etc. Of course the thunders are pricier and boast a bit more clarity, transparency, detail, etc. But I actually prefer the overall auditory experience as given by the cheaper ECCIs.

Mar 8, 2010 at 6:01 AM Post #18 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by daouda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Joker, thanks for your precise answers, those ECCI look interesting but i should probably refrain from buying them since i already have enough cheap-and-cheerful chinese IEMs in my possession... I will probably consider getting them when the Pr1pro finally die on me, if no other bang-for-buck phenomenon pops up until then

wait a couple weeks..another one is going to show up eventually :]

Mar 8, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #21 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckchan526 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
in china, pr100=rmb98, pr200=rmb168, pr1 pro=rmb238 & pr2=rmb380.. so cheap.. which one best bang/buck?
smily_headphones1.gif

From what I understand the PR2 sound is completely different so it's not really a matter of bang/buck. If you're after a bass-heavy IEM it's probably best to get the PR2. If you're after balance - the PR1 Pro. If you're after balance and you're afraid the PR1 will sound thin (which it can, sometimes) - the PR200 is for you.

Mar 12, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #25 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckchan526 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
then PR200 for me
smily_headphones1.gif
thx..

Quote:

Originally Posted by david432111 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered a PR100, can't wait to get my hands on it.
biggrin.gif

Good, there needs to be more impressions of these
wink.gif
. Using the PR200 today and they are really so much less colored than the Nuforces I was using yesterday.

Mar 18, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #26 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good, there needs to be more impressions of these
wink.gif
. Using the PR200 today and they are really so much less colored than the Nuforces I was using yesterday.

My pr100 just arrived! The bass is much better than my SoundMAGIC PL30 but otherwise it sounds a bit cold. I'm hoping it'll get better after burn-in. They look really great, I'm just having some trouble getting the included tips on. Soundmagic tips fit perfectly though. More impressions later.

Mar 18, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #27 of 39
Actually, I think it's the PL30 that's a bit warm and not the PR100 that's cold
tongue.gif
. Stock tips are indeed a little tight. You may want to try the Soundmagic foamhybrids with them if they fit you.

Sep 10, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #28 of 39
I was just thinking of buying these. I just have a question. what does the cable feel like? Is it feel like rubber or does it feel like plastic? It's just a thing I have with cables.

Sep 10, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #29 of 39
Quote:
I was just thinking of buying these. I just have a question. what does the cable feel like? Is it feel like rubber or does it feel like plastic? It's just a thing I have with cables.

It's somewhere between the two, perhaps a bit more plastic than rubber, but it's a sturdy and flexible cord. I rather like it. If you want a really rubbery cord you may want to check out the newer PR300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back