Review: Double Helix Sennheiser Limited Edition cable
May 1, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #31 of 103
Just ordered a Double Helix Balanced for my Senn HD650s yesterday! Peter Bradstock is one of the most helpful audio craftsmen I've ever met. I will be running this new cable from a Ray Samuels Audio Apache (Rev. C) which I bought on Audiogon several weeks ago. The Apache, the Senns (now with the Cardas RCA cable) and this new 8' Double Helix are my first steps into audiophile headphone listening.

Had to abandon my Pass Aleph/Alon V amps & speakers because of deteriorating hearing (also bought some hearing aids for daily wear, to better hear the women in my life, TV, etc. ... but NOT for listening to music).

Peter is building for me an "Oro y Plata" (the silver plated wire promises to extend and clarify the Senns' upper mids and highs) with Xhadow Precision XLRs, ViaBlue Splitters top and bottom. I'm getting the Teflon over Siler Mylar Mylar sheathing. I am totally enthusiastic about my decision and recommend this guy to anyone searching for another quality option at the Stefan AudioArt, Zu Mobius, Moon SilverDragon level. Will post some pictures and a followup when I get my new cable.

Check out Peter's Double Helix offerings at Double Helix Cables

May 1, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #32 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Boy, that is one nice looking cable.
wink_face.gif

yes... judgement on sound will be reserved for a later date
wink.gif

May 1, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #33 of 103
Zurich + Singapore > Oklahoma

:frowning2:

I must move away to the land of HD580 cables and delicious chocolate.

May 27, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #35 of 103
I found out about Double Helix Cables and Peter by browsing Ebay. And through Ebay contacted him about making me a custom cable. My cable evolved from an SPC to a limited edition custom. Here is mine, 7 Ft.

My one concern was flexibility. Well for those also wondering, yes it's thicker than a normal cable. About 2-3 times, not much more than that. But it's very flexible considering its 4 UPOCC wires. I am very pleased with the flexibility and the workmanship. Did I mention it's quite light?

Cable-1.jpg

May 31, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #38 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found out about Double Helix Cables and Peter by browsing Ebay. And through Ebay contacted him about making me a custom cable. My cable evolved from an SPC to a limited edition custom. Here is mine, 7 Ft.

My one concern was flexibility. Well for those also wondering, yes it's thicker than a normal cable. About 2-3 times, not much more than that. But it's very flexible considering its 4 UPOCC wires. I am very pleased with the flexibility and the workmanship. Did I mention it's quite light?

Why the upgraded cable if cables cant make a difference?

Jun 1, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #39 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why the upgraded cable if cables cant make a difference?

No, No, Yep you did, you did say it...

Try not to get mud on that suit while you're wallowing around in the pigpen...

Jun 1, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #40 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, No, Yep you did, you did say it...

Try not to get mud on that suit while you're wallowing around in the pigpen...

I'm afraid dealing with mbd2448 involves getting your hands dirty.
biggrin.gif

Jun 1, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #42 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm afraid dealing with mbd2448 involves getting your hands dirty.
biggrin.gif

Been there, done that, Got the Muddy Tee Shirt to prove it!

Jun 1, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #44 of 103
MBD is now friendly MBD now. He doesn't argue too much...and coincidentally, I'm friendly scootermafia...we fear the ban hammer of the almighty Jude!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back