Review: Double Helix Sennheiser Limited Edition cable
Apr 25, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #16 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by PascalT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dac3.jpg

Nice Klipsch's, I have the same set, but now I'm just keeping the sub and using that to power some other bookshelves.

How do you like the LD MKIII and your HD650? I've read that the Senn's need big amps to drive the high impedance but this looks like a sweet setup.

Apr 25, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #19 of 103
Does Peter have a competitor that sells cables for around the same price and has the same quality put into them? I'd like to to see who else sells cables for HD650 and K702 and offers a competitive price.

Apr 25, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #20 of 103
Has anyone compare these cables to other Senn cables like CARDAS?

Apr 25, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #21 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone compare these cables to other Senn cables like CARDAS?

that's a good question and would also like to hear any comments regarding this. from what i have read, cardas cables are good with the hd600's but are negligible with the HD650's. people seem to prefer makers like Moon Audio or APureSound for HD650's. this is a major generalization tho from what i remember reading in the forum.

Apr 25, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #22 of 103
Seriously, I'd like to get the best out of my headphones, I really mean the best out of them and I don't want to spend anything more than 150$ for a 10Ft cable. I don't want to have decrepencies in the cable alter the sound. At lest as less as possible.

Apr 25, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #23 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantonese /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice Klipsch's, I have the same set, but now I'm just keeping the sub and using that to power some other bookshelves.

How do you like the LD MKIII and your HD650? I've read that the Senn's need big amps to drive the high impedance but this looks like a sweet setup.

Those were my first "audio purchase" a couple of years ago, they do sound good. I use them if I want to listen to something with my gf.

The LD is very good with the HD650s but you need to find the right tubes. For me it was the WE403b as they added clarity to the sound. I thought it was a bit too veiled before. The cable and DAC brought everything together very well. I do think the 650s are as good as the equipment you surround them with.

Cantonese: The reflective stuff isn't too tough from what I read.

punk_guy: I looked and couldn't find a better price. I think if you buy a used cable you can get something good for the same price though. FWIW Peter owns a Blue Dragon cable and said his cable made a huge difference. Obviously he wouldn't say the opposite but still.
wink.gif

Apr 25, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #24 of 103
just finished talking to Peter on IM. what a helpful guy! really, i have never had someone care so much about his craft. we went through a series of suggestions and he sent me pix of every option! every detail was considered, down to the heatshrink for the viablue plug! finalized on a design and looking forward to receiving it. i highly recommend dealing with Peter and will get my impressions up once i get my cable.

Apr 30, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #26 of 103
^ Hate to be the bearer of bad news but for a portable I think that is going to be pretty stiff.. Have you received it already? Would love to read some impressions.

Apr 30, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #27 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Hate to be the bearer of bad news but for a portable I think that is going to be pretty stiff.. Have you received it already? Would love to read some impressions.

yes i understand that it will be pretty stiff but i'm fine with it. its portable in the sense that i can bring my rig with me including cable to my lab. i wont actually be walking around with hd580's on my head taking the bus or riding the subway, which would probably be rude given my taste in music (sweeping frequency waves... just kidding), not to mention impractical. i have my acs custom sleeved ie8's for that
wink.gif

edit: have not recieved them yet but Peter sent me a picture. imho it looks amazing:

mail.jpg

May 1, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #30 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by smallcaps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

edit: have not recieved them yet but Peter sent me a picture. imho it looks amazing:

Boy, that is one nice looking cable.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back