REVIEW: Denon AH-D2000
Apr 30, 2011 at 9:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

WirelessRevo

Member of the Trade: Headphones Hardware

Pros:
-Powerful, yet tight bass.
-Clean mids, executes very nice highs that sound right up front.
-Very Comfortable, I use them for any long sessions that use different media. (Music/movies/etc)

Cons:
-True of most phones, but the best sound in these is only brought with a decent amp. Listening without sort of leaves a dull experience after you hear them with. It’s an amazing difference.
-A bit large, I wouldn’t recommend walking around in them. Not intended for it.

Price: $250-$300

Definitely a good pair of headphones to have if you’d use them around the house. Also - Computer use, movie use, and general listening with these will not leave you disappointed.

Apr 30, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #3 of 8
I've been using the iBasso D10, haven't had any troubles with it. I haven't used the Nuforce uDac 2 so I can't really say, but i'm sure they're work well together. 

Apr 30, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
I've been using the iBasso D10, haven't had any troubles with it. I haven't used the Nuforce uDac 2 so I can't really say, but i'm sure they're work well together. 

I suppose so, I've read Nuforce and Denon pair great together. I'll probably buy the Nuforce Icon HD later.

Apr 30, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #5 of 8
My FiiO E7/E9 combo works wonders for my D2K's and did not break the bank.

Apr 30, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #6 of 8
Not much of a review
rolleyes.gif
Thanks, and welcome to Head-Fi

Apr 30, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #7 of 8
I recently purchased these headphones as well, and I find them good even directly from a computer. I don't have a dedicated dac/amp yet, and generally use it with a 'headphone out' of a stereo power amp (Kenwood KM-208) connected through mac mini. While the additional power certainly helped tighten up the sound, I'm not sure it made a substantial difference. So, I'm hoping dac/amp, something like Maverick D1 or Audio gd NFB-12 will improve on that.

I did experience some harsh highs early on, and still hear some lingering sibilance with some songs after around 50hrs uses/burn-in. Could you or anyone else comment on whether you noticed a difference in that regards by using amp/dac?  Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back