REVIEW: DARKVOICE 3322
Apr 23, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #481 of 492
Quote:
Someone have experience of 3322 with HD-800?

I threw a pair of HD 800's at my 3322 at a headphone meet...it sounded good, but I wasn't blown away. HD 800 on a fully balanced RSA B-52 amp blew me away. I don't have a ton of experience with the HD 800, but from what I've gathered they are picky with DACs/Amps. I think the HD 650 is a much better match for the Darkvoice 3322, FWIW...

May 2, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #482 of 492
Has anyone tried this amp with the Beyerdynamic T1's? I just purchased a pair and from everything I have been reading they pair very well with tube amps like the Woo Audio WA2 and WA6SE. From the reviews and descriptions of synergy with cans like the 701s etc I would guess this would be a decent choice for the T1's.

Can anyone comment?

Nov 23, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #484 of 492
  Would the DV 3322 suit the Seenheiser HD700 cans?

Yes it does. I used a demo pair with my 3322 for the better part of a week and they sounded fantastic on it. Now I'm really itching to purchase an HD 700 now that prices have dropped on them.

Nov 24, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #485 of 492

Yes it does. I used a demo pair with my 3322 for the better part of a week and they sounded fantastic on it. Now I'm really itching to purchase an HD 700 now that prices have dropped on them.

Thanks for the reply. I just missed out on buying one for a pretty good price. Dangit. I'll have to keep looking. I love my HD700's.

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #486 of 492
I bought this tube amp 5 years ago and never looked back. I no longer feel the need to upgrade.
I used my HD595 for quite a while and now returned to my HD650. This differences are obvious. The HD650 is more refined while the HD595 is a bit looser but I love the in your face sound of the HD595.

The HD650 did sound a bit boomy with my 3322. I used a combination of CV4010s and some Russian power tubes (aren't they always Russian?) right from the beginning.
Today I tried the original Chinese driver tubes and to my shock and horror, these little Chinese bastards actually sound better than the CV4010s! 
basshead.gif

The bass is tigher and better defined, the midrange is beautiful. Maybe just a bit lacking in the high end but I'm blown away! The sound stage is wide and deep and voices are pretty close up.
I just checked the first post of this thread. Looks like my observations are very similar to what the OP heard.

Maybe we discount the original tubes too soon? Or maybe my CV4010 are a bit ****ty. 
tongue.gif

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #487 of 492
After listening some more to the Chinese tubes, I really like the big soundstage and clarity but the mids do sometimes sound a bit tin canny.
I now ordered two WE 403B tubes. They better be awesome.

Aug 7, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #488 of 492
I have found tube rolling in my 332s to yield very subtle results
My favourite tube is the Mullard cv850 an early version of the cv4010
We 403b also work well , really have not come across any tubes that give a bad result in this amp

Aug 21, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #489 of 492
Got my WE403B's today. First some comments about the Chinese tubes.

My raving comments were actually based on my experience with the little Chinese signal tubes paired with Russian power tubes.
Looks like those Chinese signal tubes are pretty good. When using all Chinese tubes it's still ok but you can hear something is not right. It's lacking in midrange body.
So usually the signal tubes are the most important ones but in this case if you're going to swap either signal or power tubes then try different power tubes for best results.

WE403B
I'm quite impressed with these ones. Instruments sound more real. The difference is small but it has a cumulative effect. Everything sounds better.
Sound stage may be less deep than with Chinese tubes but top to bottom it's a very balanced tube. Voices are scaringly real. Love these tubes.

Godkin, do you still have this amp?

Sep 6, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #490 of 492
  Got my WE403B's today. First some comments about the Chinese tubes.

My raving comments were actually based on my experience with the little Chinese signal tubes paired with Russian power tubes.
Looks like those Chinese signal tubes are pretty good. When using all Chinese tubes it's still ok but you can hear something is not right. It's lacking in midrange body.
So usually the signal tubes are the most important ones but in this case if you're going to swap either signal or power tubes then try different power tubes for best results.

WE403B
I'm quite impressed with these ones. Instruments sound more real. The difference is small but it has a cumulative effect. Everything sounds better.
Sound stage may be less deep than with Chinese tubes but top to bottom it's a very balanced tube. Voices are scaringly real. Love these tubes.

Godkin, do you still have this amp?

My stock Chinese tubes never sounded right, in fact there was always a faint buzzing sound coming from one of them.

If you think the Western Electrics are good, you should try out the Tung-Sol 5654, they are still my favorite of all the tubes I've rolled (GE 5 Stars are a very close second) and sound fantastic with vocals. Best part is they are pretty cheap.

Sep 18, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #491 of 492
After more time with the WE403Bs I'm amazed with what these tubes did to my HD650. The HD595 is considered upfront and in your face, while the HD650 is more laid back and discrete. Dare I say veiled. 
evil_smiley.gif

Well, my HD650 now sounds very intense and intimate. Details I hardly heard before are clearly better defined. Bass is so tight and right.
The soundstage is definitely not as deep as before which I liked very much but I can hardly complain.

I might try those Tung-Sols but it might take another 5 years before I'm ready. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back