REVIEW: DARKVOICE 3322
Dec 29, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #391 of 492
Boyier has the 332classic for sale now for 368 USD, and I can't find the shipping price anywhere on the site.

Is it included in the price of the product on Boyier?

Dec 29, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #392 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by gbacic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Boyier has the 332classic for sale now for 368 USD, and I can't find the shipping price anywhere on the site.

Nope, I'm pretty sure you have to make an account to see the shipping price.

Dec 29, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #393 of 492
Quote:

Nop. I think shipping is ~$70.

Dec 29, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #394 of 492
Godkin,

Very much looking forward to your views of the Xindak and its interaction with your DV3322. Hope it's a pleasure.

For $22.00 more than the 332classic, one can get the 3322 (close to/same shipping).

Dec 29, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #395 of 492
The DAC-5 is burning in nicely, but already it's a beautiful sounding DAC - a class act. At the moment, I running the 192KHz output and it sounds fantastic. I might be sounding hasty here, but it's the best DAC I've ever owned. There I said it!
redface.gif

It's very natural and effortless, with just a touch of warmth. Perfect for a neutral sounding amp like the 3322.

Dec 29, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #396 of 492
Quote:

It's not included, but just email him for the total cost (and to specify 110V/220V etc).

He replied to me within 24 hours.

Dec 29, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #397 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by deltaspirit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, I'm pretty sure you have to make an account to see the shipping price.

I did that at first, but when I emailed him I got quoted $10 cheaper!
confused.gif

Dec 30, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #398 of 492
change the resistor with vishay

DSC_7221.jpg

replace cap for power...
DSC_7222.jpg

Since too big..............gonna find a house or make 4 holes on 3322
beerchug.gif

DSC_7227.jpg

Ultra fast vishay diode with 0.01uf cap by-pass
DSC_7225.jpg

THE MOST important~!!! output cap
DSC_7223.jpg

The change is huge and worth...

especially, very bright treble form HD650! But 3322 is not match with k702 and other low impedence cans...have to mod the output cap again. Remove those mkp 10uf cap...
confused_face.gif
but the wima will keep for sure~
biggrin.gif

I got 3322 personally from China for almost 8 months? Sure...with a good price
o2smile.gif
very good amp with high impedence headphone!

Jan 1, 2010 at 8:09 AM Post #399 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by regal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate to see tube newbies buying OTL tube amps for their Denons or Grados. Seems like the manufacturers want to keep this a sectret. For an OTL amp to work right with Denons it would require so much NFB the sound would be mush.

These are 300 ohm and higher tube amps. Get an OPT or Hybrid tube amp for any headphone under 200 ohms

Hello
We use the single-ended A circuit,the characteristic of cathode output is by low distortion,and within a wide frequency range.Our Chinese say OTL ,it is the transformer that there is no output .But two tubes output at the same time .Although thee is no output transformer in the amp ,and we use a tube which is in cathode output.We call this circuit is a single-ended A circuit which the single output in cathode.I dont't know whether our say the OTL is the same circuit?
confused_face_2.gif

Jan 1, 2010 at 8:30 AM Post #400 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by ogygia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
change the resistor with vishay

DSC_7221.jpg

replace cap for power...
DSC_7222.jpg

Since too big..............gonna find a house or make 4 holes on 3322
beerchug.gif

DSC_7227.jpg

Ultra fast vishay diode with 0.01uf cap by-pass
DSC_7225.jpg

THE MOST important~!!! output cap
DSC_7223.jpg

The change is huge and worth...

especially, very bright treble form HD650! But 3322 is not match with k702 and other low impedence cans...have to mod the output cap again. Remove those mkp 10uf cap...
confused_face.gif
but the wima will keep for sure~
biggrin.gif

I got 3322 personally from China for almost 8 months? Sure...with a good price
o2smile.gif
very good amp with high impedence headphone!

Very nice mods thus far...you could try Russian PLIO K75-10's bypassed with T3 Teflons in place of those 10uf MKP's for a really staggering SQ improvement although space with either of those Russian cap choices is an issue. The RIFA's are a top shelf choice. Bypass them with NOS 600V DC PIO film caps while your at it
smily_headphones1.gif

I find the Russian NOS PLIO/Teflon combo the best I've ever heard with tube amps with the price being more than reasonable compared to CVH Teflons and other such notable but terribly expensive uber caps. I keep going back to the Russian PLIO/Teflon combo after trying many different types,brands etc. I now just use the Russian stuff without bothering with anything else.

Peete.

Jan 2, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #401 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice mods thus far...you could try Russian PLIO K75-10's bypassed with T3 Teflons in place of those 10uf MKP's for a really staggering SQ improvement although space with either of those Russian cap choices is an issue. The RIFA's are a top shelf choice. Bypass them with NOS 600V DC PIO film caps while your at it
smily_headphones1.gif

Peete.

Those Russian cap is too expensive for me, as I never hear that before and all are NOS......I rather try musicap.

Is there other source which is cheaper than ebay? Thanks Pee

Jan 2, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #403 of 492
Yes, it can be confusing.
confused_face_2.gif
The 332 was a DARKVOICE amp, as was the 3322 which succeeded it. The 332C and 332S are LA FIGARO amps, the 332C is equivalent to the DV 332 and the 332S is equivalent to the DV 3322.

Jan 2, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #404 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by ogygia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those Russian cap is too expensive for me, as I never hear that before and all are NOS......I rather try musicap.

Is there other source which is cheaper than ebay? Thanks Pee

They are peanuts compared to CVH caps or any other name brand if you really compare cost. Unfortunately the NOS stuff is primarily sold on eBay with some sources selling direct from Russia (but the shipping cost is steep and the time frame hit or miss when it comes to reliable shipping estimates).

Better to get the parts from Ukraine based eBay vendors of which I have dealt with a couple so far. I've gone through hundreds of these caps (various projects, giving them to friends to try out etc) and have not had a DOA cap yet. I do need to get myself a decent meter for measuring capacitance so I can match the stuff I do have on hand (which is still quite a pile of stuff) but that can wait. The Russian NOS Teflon caps to avoid are the K72N series...only go with the T1 or T3 series. The metal casing and studs (steel/silver plated steel) of the K72N's lend a steely harsh quality that can't be corrected without taking the casing and the pins off the caps (not a job I'd like to tackle when I still have 10 K72N sitting here among other types).

The k40-Y9 series are cheaper than the venerable Sprague Vit Q's and are better sounding to boot. The Vit Q's are soft on the bottom end while the K40's let all the Bass through with zero drawbacks. If you go with cheaper PIO's you can still bypass those with cheap small value T1 Teflons and get 85% of the SQ of the K75-10/T-3 series......the difference in cost isn't really all that much however. You'll not find better caps for cheaper and that's a fact I've found out the hard way. The Russian caps are tailor made for tube gear and do wonders in SS circuits/DACs etc also...even the entry level K42 series are decent performers having the same basic SQ of the K40's but just a little less midrange refinement. Certainly better than any Vit Q, Aerovox,WestCap or other vinatge cap I've used thus far. MKP's, some oither low price poly film types are not in the same league as the paper in oil caps and often times the new stuff is more expensive than the NOS PIO's. In any event if you want to really upgrade that amp your going to have to spend some money on the caps, new production or NOS. It all depends on what you want to spend I suppose.

Just some food for thought while you contemplate parts choices....

Peete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back