REVIEW - COLORFLY C3
Nov 13, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #721 of 807
Quote:
Jesus Christ.
rolleyes.gif

WHERE? xp

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #722 of 807
I am a quite happy owner of the C3 three for few weeks now; despite its firmware flaws (how the hell does it sort the folders?) it is really an adorable performer.

Now I am looking to get a new IEM to pair with the C3. I was looking into many of the widely available IEMs and narrowed it down quite a bit. I do really like the ety hf2/3/5 since they're not too expensive, but I have doubts whether I will like the deep fit they require. Of course I looked into the yamaha eph-100 which is currently highly regarded around here. I myself also like what I read and see about it, but I'm a little afraid that it might just be too big for my rather small ear canals, might have to check it out, though....

Then again: the IEM I found most intriguing so far is the Hifiman re 262, and this is where my Question to you comes in: The re 262 is very high-impedance and low-sensitivity with its 150Ohm and sub 100 db, many comments I read suggested it would probably not be sufficiently driven by many DAPs. How about the C3? Has anyone tried the re 262 directly out of the headphone out of the c3? Or any comparable high impedance, low sensitivity phone at all? I also do own a fiio e17 which pairs quite well as a portable amp with the c3 but i would really prefer to buy IEMs which don't force me to carry both around all the time.

Any help in this matter is highly appreciated :)

Nov 13, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #723 of 807
How is the loading time from the C3? I own the Rocoo P and when the Rocoo P boots up it takes up to an average of 1.30 minutes (when i have my SD-card inserted), i think thats crazy long. So thats why i'm concidering to switch to the c3 if the sound-quility is similiair or better than the Rocoo p.

Nov 13, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #724 of 807
Quote:
I am a quite happy owner of the C3 three for few weeks now; despite its firmware flaws (how the hell does it sort the folders?) it is really an adorable performer.

Now I am looking to get a new IEM to pair with the C3. .

Any help in this matter is highly appreciated :)

From personal experience, I can recommend the Vsonic GR07 Mk.II  - it pairs beautifully with the C3, despite its 50 Ohm impedance. Really nice match for it. I think 'H20Fidelity' enjoyed that pairing too.

It's an unusual IEM with its bio-cellulose driver and takes a couple of hundred hours of burn-in to sound its best, but it really is an IEM for all purposes and will suit most genres of music and sounds great with the C3 once its burned in. 

Nov 13, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #725 of 807
Quote:
How is the loading time from the C3? I own the Rocoo P and when the Rocoo P boots up it takes up to an average of 1.30 minutes (when i have my SD-card inserted), i think thats crazy long. So thats why i'm concidering to switch to the c3 if the sound-quility is similiair or better than the Rocoo p.

c3 is imediate access to your tunes.  The studio V for me would take anywhere between 1 and 9 minutes until I could listen PITA

Nov 13, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #726 of 807
From personal experience, I can recommend the Vsonic GR07 Mk.II  - it pairs beautifully with the C3, despite its 50 Ohm impedance. Really nice match for it. I think 'H20Fidelity' enjoyed that pairing too.

It's an unusual IEM with its bio-cellulose driver and takes a couple of hundred hours of burn-in to sound its best, but it really is an IEM for all purposes and will suit most genres of music and sounds great with the C3 once its burned in. 

Yeah GR07 pair well, They have a sweet spot around 30/40

Nov 13, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #729 of 807
Well, if I don't boost the sound a little bit I can't hear properly that slight hotness in the lower treble that I love and everybody else hates 
biggrin.gif

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #730 of 807
geko95gek what do you think of the MH1C on the C3? I have a few pairs of them in the mail.

A few pairs?? lol

That's good if you're sure you won't hate the cable too much... and I do, hence why they haven't got much use since I bought them lol

I did try the MH1c with C3 and it does sound good since I found MH1c paired with other sources made the mids sound slightly drowned. However, the C3 natural signature brings the mids forward which is of course perfect for MH1c.

Saying that, I have to announce that since receiving my iPod Classic 120GB yesterday... I'm actually going to part with my C3. It's already been listed on eBay.

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #733 of 807
bigbargainonline is selling it for $115. how come all the other online stores are selling it for allmost double the price?

Huh?  First thing that turned up for me was $104 USD with free shipping - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-COLORFLY-C3-24bit-WAV-APE-FLAC-MP3-HiFi-Music-Player-/221128029338

...and every other seller I see is in the same ballpark, $105 - $120.  You can try www.taobao.com and use www.xe.com to calclulate the Chinese prices if you're really curious.

If you're asking if there are fakes of the Colorfly C3, well, idk.

Nov 14, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #734 of 807
Authorized seller in china is selling them for 499 RMB for the 4gb version, all the same price with different freebies. (Authorized according to colorfly chinese website)

So you guys can do the math and see how much the "other online stores" are marking up the price. 

Nov 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #735 of 807
Grey market prices, big bargians is genuine, a lot of people got it from there including me who got 2.

Yep they are genuine!

I bought mine from them too, delivered to me in 6 days. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back