REVIEW - COLORFLY C3
Nov 9, 2012 at 6:59 AM Post #691 of 807
Put the request in for mine with the wife, so it'll probably be in the under the tree with a pair of DT770 Anniversary editions. :D

Don't everyone jump ship before my C3 arrives... :p

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Nov 9, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #692 of 807
What problems are you having when you say not user friendly? I think the lack of resume is a little frustrating, the backwards scrolling annoys me sometimes.
Apart from that with the time I use it I don't have many other issues.
Sometimes after several days if you don't wipe the screen over the touch buttons can play up, simply needs a wipe.
Guess why they included the super expensive lint free cloth. :wink:

Well, maybe it's just me being picky but I didin't realize how important these features are to me...

Gapless playback, resume from memory and at least 5 band EQ (not that important with an amp).

Nov 9, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #694 of 807
if you are enjoying the audio, is it worth holding onto for a while just to see if maybe a future firmware update helps?

Well thats right mate.

Firmware update can fix all these little niggles, but since it's a totally new device I doubt it will come anytime soon.

Nov 10, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #695 of 807
I got a Colorfly CT971 tablet from ebay and am really happy with the sound - so much better than my ipod or laptop!  The sound is tight, clear and spaceous.    So now I am interested in a more portable player from Colorfly.  Can the C3 play songs from different folders, or do I have to change manually to the next folder once it finished playing songs from the folder it is currently in?

I got a large music collection that I organized as: genre/artist/album/song.  Lots of albums just have one song, so I want to go for example into the artist folder and say play, and then it should play all the songs in all the album subfolders.  Or I want to select the genre top level folder and then play everything in all the artist subfolders for the genre.  And if possible shuffle all the songs in the subfolders of the folder I selected.
Is that possible?

Also, i assume when I connect the C3 via usb to my laptop, it'll look like a drive to my laptop and I can copy songs over, right?
Thanks, Mark

Nov 10, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #696 of 807
I got a Colorfly CT971 tablet from ebay and am really happy with the sound - so much better than my ipod or laptop!  The sound is tight, clear and spaceous.    So now I am interested in a more portable player from Colorfly.  Can the C3 play songs from different folders, or do I have to change manually to the next folder once it finished playing songs from the folder it is currently in?

I got a large music collection that I organized as: genre/artist/album/song.  Lots of albums just have one song, so I want to go for example into the artist folder and say play, and then it should play all the songs in all the album subfolders.  Or I want to select the genre top level folder and then play everything in all the artist subfolders for the genre.  And if possible shuffle all the songs in the subfolders of the folder I selected.
Is that possible?

Also, i assume when I connect the C3 via usb to my laptop, it'll look like a drive to my laptop and I can copy songs over, right?
Thanks, Mark

You play one folder at a time.

You can only view by folder (no album, no artist) etc etc..

You can only shuffle within any one selected folder.

The C3 will show as a mass storage drive on your computer and you just drag and drop.

Nov 10, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #699 of 807
Mr H2O ( curse you )  MADE me go and grab one, so I have one incoming now so just checking in .
Coming from a Cowon D2, hoping I see some improvement which by all accounts here I will.

Thanks for all the impressions.

Nov 10, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #700 of 807
Congratulations! You've left the mainstream. High fidelity Hifi here Nick comes!

There's not much more I can add about this player, there's plenty of my endless rants in this thread you can find.

C3 has actually become rather popular. When we get members drifting in asking if it plays video, we know C3's touched mainstream consumers. :wink:

Would you like an app with that? :wink:

Nov 10, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #701 of 807
"I guess you could put a heap of album tracks in one folder and shuffle it."
good idea there i may adopt that to see.

C3 + T-PEOS H-100 iems  or Stax Sr001Mk2 iems should be insanely good. ( mental monkey has been caged for now don't want to ruin first impressions with speculation until I hear this thing.)

Yeah I heard  it has video , it's in FLAC  you simply have to close your eyes to see it.
ph34r.gif

Don't worry I did read the first few posts so there'll be no complaining/whining about what it can't do here stozzer.

Nov 11, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #702 of 807
Because H-100 is already a very clean sounding IEM, partly due to being Hybrid, secondly it's signature they work overly well paired with the Colorfly, which already has a super clean output as it is. You can read how clean the output is by the boy's amping with C3. What you end up with pairing H-100 and C3 is a nice mid focused crisp edge to your music, bass response suits well, just the right amount...soothing almost. Very smooth sound I'm hearing now using them both together with some ambient dubstep. Very crisp detailed treble response kind of lightly slaps the front of your forehead, and of course the separation both display gives that hypnotic feel I was talking about earlier.

Reminds me of a musical metronome sometimes. :tongue_smile:

Nov 11, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #703 of 807
Any IEMs that have a slightly distant mid section will sound perfect with the C3, considering the mids sound ever so slightly forward on it.

Nov 11, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #704 of 807
I find the C3 to be bit of a strange one, it didn't like my FXD80's but gets on very well with my EPH-100's

The biggest surprise for me, it adores my thermaltake isurus, my least liked iem has now turned into one of my favourites.

It's such a natural sound, you have to hear it to believe it, the two pair together so very well.

I Would say audio technica phones would pair very well with this unit.

Nov 11, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #705 of 807
geko95gek what do you think of the MH1C on the C3? I have a few pairs of them in the mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back