REVIEW - COLORFLY C3
Nov 11, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #706 of 807
I find the C3 to be bit of a strange one, it didn't like my FXD80's but gets on very well with my EPH-100's

The biggest surprise for me, it adores my thermaltake isurus, my least liked iem has now turned into one of my favourites.

It's such a natural sound, you have to hear it to believe it, the two pair together so very well.

I Would say audio technica phones would pair very well with this unit.

I find your claims exactly the same, I think there's a lot more to it then just the IEM's signature as well, such as impedance and other technical things I don't know. :p Because my Sony MDREX600 completely transformed into something wonderful with C3. Very natural, vocals were upfront taking advantage of the slight mid focus. And others in my collection wouldn't grab hold like that. But the H-100 is a sure thing for C3.

Nov 12, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #707 of 807
Here's something interesting for you guy's

A C3 comparison against Studio V, Clip+, CK4 and Rocco S.

http://tupperwav.com/le-materiel/colorfly-c3-comparatif-avec-4-autres-baladeurs-a-vocation-audiophile/

Nov 12, 2012 at 6:46 AM Post #708 of 807
Hey guys,

I've managed to find my way to shuffle all the songs in the player by throwing all my songs in a specific folder.
But I have a problem now, the supposedly random play does not appear to be random at all.

The player seems to have the tendency to play through a certain album although random songs would be thrown in every now and then.
Do you guys face the same issue here?

SilverB

Nov 12, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #709 of 807
Hey guys,

I've managed to find my way to shuffle all the songs in the player by throwing all my songs in a specific folder.
But I have a problem now, the supposedly random play does not appear to be random at all.

The player seems to have the tendency to play through a certain album although random songs would be thrown in every now and then.
Do you guys face the same issue here?

SilverB

So basically I'ts not shuffling the cards properly. How close have you put the albums together in the folder, Make sure an albums songs are scattered all through the folder. rather then the albums being in the folder one after another...I don't use shuffle though. Have your computer sort the folders tracks by a different style such as date or alphabetical order , that should scatter the tracks out more.

Nov 12, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #711 of 807
@~Stozzer

Did CK4 feel under powered to you when you had it? I've read a few comments here and there that have brought up some concerns.

I think I remember you saying it has more power then C3. not that I find C3 underpowered, I'm just curious on your thoughts.

I'm going offline, but I'll check in tomorrow morning.

Cheers!

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:22 PM Post #712 of 807
Quote:
I find your claims exactly the same, I think there's a lot more to it then just the IEM's signature as well, such as impedance and other technical things I don't know.
tongue.gif
Because my Sony MDREX600 completely transformed into something wonderful with C3. Very natural, vocals were upfront taking advantage of the slight mid focus. And others in my collection wouldn't grab hold like that. But the H-100 is a sure thing for C3.

Exactly the same with me, they took all of the isurus shortcomings and floored them.

Want sparkle you got it, right on the  borderline before it gets shrill.

Want bass, you get it punching low and hard, and with control and without encroaching onn the mids.

And to top it off, you get a wide soundstage with low floor noise and a lush timbre.

As uncomfortable i fiind them, im still plugged in  hours llater

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #713 of 807
Quote:
I find your claims exactly the same, I think there's a lot more to it then just the IEM's signature as well, such as impedance and other technical things I don't know.
tongue.gif
Because my Sony MDREX600 completely transformed into something wonderful with C3. Very natural, vocals were upfront taking advantage of the slight mid focus. And others in my collection wouldn't grab hold like that. But the H-100 is a sure thing for C3.

It's a bizarre player. I have just posted impressions on the Cosmic Ears thread about the HY3 and one of the things I discovered during listening to the HY3 was that it does not pair at all well with the C3. On the other hand, my Vsonic GR07 Mk.II are a perfect match with the C3 and work beautifully.

Don't understand it. There is nothing unusual about the Cosmic Ears HY3 in its impedance or SNR, so why does it sound dull and lifeless with the C3, but sounds great on my Cowon C2 ?

Nov 12, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #714 of 807
So basically I'ts not shuffling the cards properly. How close have you put the albums together in the folder, Make sure an albums songs are scattered all through the folder. rather then the albums being in the folder one after another...I don't use shuffle though. Have your computer sort the folders tracks by a different style such as date or alphabetical order , that should scatter the tracks out more.

Jesus Christ. :rolleyes:

Changing the sort order in a "folder" on your computer will have no effect whatsoever on the order on your DAP. The only thing that might have an effect, would be to rename the files one by one (or with a script). But that would be an absolutely ridiculous thing to do just to accomodate a PoS firmware written by some random people who were either grossly incompetent, or just didn't give a damn.

Please stop trying to redeem what can't be redeemed.

Nov 12, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #715 of 807
Quote:

Nov 12, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #716 of 807
Jesus Christ. :rolleyes:
Changing the sort order in a "folder" on your computer will have no effect whatsoever on the order on your DAP. The only thing that might have an effect, would be to rename the files one by one (or with a script). But that would be an absolutely ridiculous thing to do just to accomodate a PoS firmware written by some random people who were either grossly incompetent, or just didn't give a damn.
Please stop trying to redeem what can't be redeemed.

Skamp all I see you do in this thread is throw negativity around, you don't try to help, you don't try negotiate with members, you don't solve any problems all you do is look for errors and put the player down, why don't you just stay out of the thread. I don't need to read your crap first thing in the morning. I'm calling you out because this is now several times I've seen you do it. and if this wasn't a public forum I would have harsher words to use for you right now.

Pretty much I think your useless to the thread, most of your posts I read don't help in anyway, you don't contribute in any way positive.

Nov 12, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #717 of 807
Yeah, skamp is just trolling in this thread. If you don't have the c3 or you have no intention of getting it you don't write in the c3 thread. We get it. He's all about gapless playback and playlists. If I wanted that I would use my Galaxy S or clip+. And no, even if someone gives me an ipod as a gift I want use it as a DAP, I've used enough ipods, I won't use itunes a second more in my life and no ipod can touch what the c3 can do.

Nov 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #719 of 807
Quote:
I think this is all ridiculous, but you're right, I have nothing positive to contribute, so I'm gonna leave you be.
Unsubscribed.

The ridiculous thing is that you were subscribed to that thread. You should know better - this is head-fi and we don't care as much about features as we do about sq. Honestly a lot of people are getting spoilt by all the inferior features like shuffling and playlists and they forget that sq is the most important thing. I grew up in the cassette tape era and  things like fast forward and skip are enough for me.

Nov 12, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #720 of 807
thanks for the review link

Users who are viewing this thread

Back