REVIEW - COLORFLY C3
Nov 14, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #736 of 807
Quote:
Yep they are genuine!
I bought mine from them too, delivered to me in 6 days.
biggrin.gif

Same here.

Nov 14, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #737 of 807
Er... Noisy little beggar isn't it?  I just tried with my 1964-Q and busted out one of these - [size=small]ಠ_ಠ[/size]

Nov 14, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #740 of 807
Thats a slightly ambiguous reply - why so?

** edit - was I naive pairing this thing with such a sensitive CIEM?

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #741 of 807
Quote:

...and now you're selling it for $200 USD.

wow, I just saw that. He sure has a lot of nerve.
Quote:

Frankly, I have no idea what you experience with the c3. I've read some complaints about hissing or pops but I haven't heard any but I assumed it's due to sensititvity. None of the iems I use with my C3 is particularly sensitive as the volume I use is usually 36-40 out of 40 and that's avarage listening volume for me.

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #742 of 807

So you're getting some hiss buddy? Sorry to hear, the hiss has been far and few between following this thread closely I can recall one other member who reported some hiss and again he was using some super sensitive CIEM. I get zero, none, zlich with my Hybrid or TF10, several other members use TF10 with no hiss. So, sounds you like you have yourself a bad pairing, some terrible synergy going on.

Terribly sorry to hear. :xf_eek:

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #743 of 807
The less ambiguous reply would be that everyone else for 50 pages has praised it for having such a low level of noise and that this is backed up by RMAA graphs.  I use it with plenty of sensitive iems and would probably say that out the hp out this is by far one of the least noisy daps you can get.

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #744 of 807
Quote:
Frankly, I have no idea what you experience with the c3. I've read some complaints about hissing or pops but I haven't heard any but I assumed it's due to sensititvity. None of the iems I use with my C3 is particularly sensitive as the volume I use is usually 36-40 out of 40 and that's avarage listening volume for me.

Just gave it a shot with my old Sleek SA6 which is much less sensitive and it sounds pretty good. Barely any hiss but and I can only just make out the slight pop when switching tracks.
With the Q's its an absolute calamity - vacuum cleaner noise, thumps, pops, choked lows and a lumpy midrange. Does not play well.

Probably need to sell this C3 cos the Q is my daily listen.

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #746 of 807
Cool - PM me when you do! I'd be interested in hearing your opinion. 
Actually on second thoughts maybe dont. It would be terribly embarrassing for me to discover I had made it all up.  

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #748 of 807
LOL.

Read the bottom of the listing bolded in red. "No Scammers" :rolleyes:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Colorfly-C3-8GB-HiFi-MP3-Digital-Audio-Player-/271102049506?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_PortableAudio_MP3Players&hash=item3f1ef0fce2

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #749 of 807
Quote:
So you're getting some hiss buddy? Sorry to hear, the hiss has been far and few between following this thread closely I can recall one other member who reported some hiss and again he was using some super sensitive CIEM. I get zero, none, zlich with my Hybrid or TF10, several other members use TF10 with no hiss. So, sounds you like you have yourself a bad pairing, some terrible synergy going on.
Terribly sorry to hear.
redface.gif

The TF10 is 32 ohms and the Q is 25. Not a massive difference but maybe just enough. The SA6 I tried it with is 50 I think and it was fairly decent noise wise... Maybe its faulty?

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #750 of 807
The TF10 is 32 ohms and the Q is 25. Not a massive difference but maybe just enough. The SA6 I tried it with is 50 I think and it was fairly decent noise wise... Maybe its faulty?

It might be, but I doubt it, you can try doing a reset (above the headphone jack) there is small hole you will need a pin, but I don't think it's going to help. I do know for certain some IEM's and gear just don't pair well with C3. Not reports of your problems with noise and such, more so the synergy just doesn't work out very well between DAP / IEM. Though yeah there's no hiss here it's actually quieter then my Cowon S9 in that department.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back