[REVIEW] Closed Portable Circumaural / Around-Ear Headphone Comparison – M50, Z1000, TMA-1 S, Momentum, UE6000, MDR-1R
Dec 4, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #106 of 113
omg this might be the most useful review thread that I found, however I'm really interested with the comparison between UE 6000 and the MDR-1R, could u mind to give ur impressions on these two? 

Dec 14, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #107 of 113
Right now I can get the Logitech UE 6000’s for $10.97 + S&H after rebates on TigerDirect.com Yes, that’s right…11 dollars. I couldn’t believe the deal at first myself, but it’s real.

So my question to you is… for $11 would you consider the UE 6000’s the winner?
-OR-
Do any of the other headphones have a better value.

Still, at $11 dollars I’d consider this to be an impulse buy and I’ll definitely pick one up, but I’d still like your opinion on this one. You seem to have so much more taste than the other reviewers and I love how you structure in the “portability” factor that many others choose to ignore. Loved the ATH-M50’s but I agree with you: you’d look a little funny wearing them out in public. Also, you had the white UE 6000’s - everyone else has the black ones - the inferior ones haha. Love your taste man!

P.S. - I’m subscribed to your channel…PLEASE do a review for the UE 6000’s. I’d really appreciate it.

Here’s the deal if you were wondering. I live in the U.S.  so I’m not sure how this works for Australians. Also, you might already have a pair but here’s it anyways:

http://slickdeals.net/f/6549198-logitech-ue6000-noise-cancelling-headphones-and-total-defense-internet-security-eastwear-messenger-bag-21-after-105-rebates?

(I chose scenario #3)

Dec 16, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #108 of 113
Gosh yes get them for $11! If you don't like them you can always go to the FS forum....

I will be eventually making a UE6000 video :3

Dec 16, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #109 of 113
@awcamaro,

Concerning the tigerdirect deal for the UE6000, I would be careful if I were you. Anytime there is a deal too good too be true, I would be wary. Reading through the reviews online, it seems that the company is kinda sketch and your rebate is coming in the form of reward cards. I read that someone didn't get their reward card and got entered into a drawing for one instead.

Let us know how the order turns out & if you end up getting all your rebates as promised.

PS: Don't forget to cancel the subscription for total defense security.

Dec 16, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #110 of 113
@money4me247 

Thanks, I already went ahead and ordered it but I'll definitely keep that in mind. It's estimated arrival date is December 24th so when or if I get it by then, I'll definitely let you guys hear how it turned out.

@a_recording 

Awesome, can't wait for the video. Love your channel man!

Dec 26, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #111 of 113
  Gosh yes get them for $11! If you don't like them you can always go to the FS forum....

I will be eventually making a UE6000 video :3

Yes please make the video.... :)
And also one for the amperior since its one of you favourites (i know you have already done a vid for the hd25.1 II but..... XD  )

By the way lachlan one question....

Amperior or v-moda m80?

I have a pair of hd25's and right now the price of the amperiors is at 130 euros on amazon fr..... Would you consider them a worthy improvement to the point of selling my hd25's or its not that big of a deal and should i just remain with my hd25's...?

(I also have a pair of over ear momentums by the way.... :)  )

By the way i got my hd25's for 55 euros a month ago... no box, but mint consition, what a bargain...... XD

Ps: Have you ever tried the hd598's and tested them against the akg k550's? If yes what are your though on wich is the best all rounder?

Cheers m8... :)

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #112 of 113
I dunno, its really hard to say if it's worth the upgrade. If you absolutely love the HD25 and all you want is an upgrade on the sound and a different cable size maybe, but maybe you are better off spending the money to get a different kind of sound and then you can work out what you prefer.

I like the Amperior more than the M80 myself.

I've tried the 598 but not for long and not directlyagainst the K550.

Dec 27, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #113 of 113
I dunno, its really hard to say if it's worth the upgrade. If you absolutely love the HD25 and all you want is an upgrade on the sound and a different cable size maybe, but maybe you are better off spending the money to get a different kind of sound and then you can work out what you prefer.

I like the Amperior more than the M80 myself.

I've tried the 598 but not for long and not directlyagainst the K550.

Thank you very much for your reply lachlan. Yes i like the hd25 but of course they have their flaws and the most noticeble ones are the sometimes spikey highs (but this does not bother me much), the compressed sound (of course the amperior will not be much better in terms of soundstage...) and of course the grainy sound when compared with the momentums.

To get the amperiors i would have to sell my hd25s (i can get 100 euros for them) and add an extra 40 euros for the amperiors since they are being sold for 140 on the french amazon.

I can see that the highs and the grainy sound seems to have been improved on the amperior (i never tried them, only read about). Although there seems to be some flaws on the amperiors as well. The flimsy cord, and also the heavier weight (it also seems that the aluminium cups are more prone to damage and scratches).

Now what bugs me is that the hd25s are out and they seem to be a improvemente over the original 25s and the amperiors. Is it me or is sennheiser becoming a milking company and the hd25 seems to be their call of duty? :-D

Have you tried the hd25s alu already m8? If yes ur thoughts are more than welcome (specially a amperior vs aluminium comparison).

About the home headphone... I am thinking of getting the hd598 or the k550 because i am about to let my momentums go. I love them and their sound and resolution but while walking i loose the seal in a blink (i have 67mm ears ) and because of that i am mostly using them as a home headphone. although i like them, its stupid to keep a lifestyle headphone when the lifestyle purpose as been killed because of the seal.

As a mostly pop rock and edm listener i dont know if any of these 2 would fit my needs since they seem to be 2 laidback headphones and much more suitable for more calm styles.

My idea is to keep the hd25s or to buy the amperior as a portable/all rounder and as a more suitable option for agressive/fun styles like edm or rock and to have a open option with more spacious and laidback sound for home use and for more relaxed styles (some pop or indie and stuff likejames blake).

Since most people here on head fi say the hd598s and the k550s are a league ahead of the momentums in terms of sq thats why í thought of the as home use options.

If u have other sugestions please share them... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back