Review: Clash of the Titans (3D) - JH16 Pro vs. JH13 Pro
May 13, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #136 of 184
^ http://www.facebook.com/JHAudio

May 13, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #138 of 184

Quote:
And where do you find the JH13 for $899 ?
JH Audio sells it for $1,099 so the price difference is only $50. Only discounted product in their web shop is the JH11 at $850.

it was announced on their FB/twitter, and even a thread here about it... but deal is dead I believe

May 14, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #139 of 184
That's why I didn't know about it. Hope many went for it

May 15, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #141 of 184

Quote:
There was a promo sale for 3 or 4 hours...that ended about 20 mins ago. I just got a pair.....but killed my bank account.

Killed mine too. Just have enough extra to pay the audiologist Monday afternoon and overnight them when they come.  It was such a snap decision that I am only now really starting to get excited.

Oct 17, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #146 of 184
Warp08 - I noticed in the background of your initial pics that you have the JHAudio carbon fiber case. Are my eyes correctly viewing that you could fit a portable amp in that case as well as the JH16's? Mine are coming with the tiny little Otterbox, but I might consider getting the carbon fiber case if I could carve the foam to allow my D4, the JH16's, and a LOD dock to fit in their for travel.

If they won't all fit in there, I might just go get a larger Otterbox, but the carbon fiber is super sexy.

Any other comments on the JH Audio CF case?

Oct 17, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #147 of 184
You could possibly fit all that into the JHA carbon fiber case.  I love my JHA customs, but the carbon fiber boxes I have are not practical for me, because there is not enough room in there to accommodate the TWag cables I use them with, but they are fine for the much thinner stock JHA cables.  Yes, you could probably drop a LOD in there as well.

I have two of them sitting there collecting dust, if you want one of them send me a PM.  It's got my name on it so you have to use a labeler to put yours on top or ignore it.  Or order it from JHA, but in that case I would consider a small Pelican box and put a JHA sticker on it, which are now available for a couple of bucks.

I was thinking the same thing when I ordered them, BTW.  They are expensive because they are made of carbon fiber and got the flying angel JHA logo.  Other than that, the workmanship is nothing special.

Oct 17, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #148 of 184
Thanks! Interesting that the TWag cables take up more space - is that because they are less flexible?

A small Pelican case might end up being the solution. I'll be carting my D4, LOD, and JH16's to and from work, and I really don't want them damaged floating around in my backpack. I think a thin but large case (perhaps one of the Pelican cases meant for a 13" laptop) would be good. Fill it with foam with cutouts for the gear and call it good. The JH Audio case looks way sexier than a Pelican, but if I have any concerns about fitting it all in there it would be a waste of $75.

Any rough estimate as to the internal dimensions of the JH case? How is your name engraved on it - on a metal plate, or directly into the CF itself?

Oct 17, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #149 of 184
There are many options regarding cases.  Off-topic but I went thru a similar exercise for my prized Qualias just this week.  Took me hours to cutout the foam cubes.

High-quality aftermarket cables are often thicker than their stock counterparts because of higher wire-strandcount, multiple layers of dampening and isolation layers, depending on design and the mix of materials used.

Back to the JHA CF otter case, it's just a conventional sticker made by a labeler, easily removed or replaced.  The one below was for my JH13s which had a Star Wars themed art:

Oct 18, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #150 of 184
I heard the JH16Pro demo pair at RMAF this weekend, and enjoyed them.  The bass was NOT overblown as I feared it would be and was actually simply fuller sounding than my JH13pro, and the JH16 demo had better focus and instrument placement in the bass than that of my JH13Pro.  

The 3 sound tubes also seemed to improve the mids, and in my opinion the mids were more present and even level with the bass.  I know the demo units can sound a little different than the custom fit version, but I would want that they would sound exactly the same if I ever got a pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back