Review: Clash of the Titans (3D) - JH16 Pro vs. JH13 Pro
Apr 27, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #49 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by travisg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sold my 13's and have 16's on the way.

Wow, I wonder if many others will follow suit. May I ask what your reasons were?

Just a few months ago, the JH13 was regarded as the absolute pinnacle in IEMs (and even full-size headphones by some). I guess if you owned the JH13 and never heard about any headphones that came after it, you'd probably be 100% happy and unable to pinpoint any major flaws in it. Now there seem to be a trickle (possibly followed by a flood) of people who own the JH13 also getting the 16, or selling the 13 to buy the 16.

The majority of JH13 owners are probably still fully satisfied, but I wonder how many will succumb to the itch to see what they might be missing in the 16...

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #50 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj nellie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, I wonder if many others will follow suit. May I ask what your reasons were?

Just a few months ago, the JH13 was regarded as the absolute pinnacle in IEMs (and even full-size headphones by some). I guess if you owned the JH13 and never heard about any headphones that came after it, you'd probably be 100% happy and unable to pinpoint any major flaws in it. Now there seem to be a trickle (possibly followed by a flood) of people who own the JH13 also getting the 16, or selling the 13 to buy the 16.

The majority of JH13 owners are probably still fully satisfied, but I wonder how many will succumb to the itch to see what they might be missing in the 16...

The JH16 Pro is the new FOTM and people tend to go after the new stuff. I personally, do not understand how one would want more bass than the 13's unless their source isn't up to task. I find the 13's very source revealing. The Protector with my HiFiMAN has perfect bass, now connecting the Protector to my iPod Touch the bass becomes anemic and sterile. The 13's demands a great source while the 16's will color the presentation to adapt to the majority of people's equipments. They're both awesome earphones but it's a bit funny how before the 16's came out the 13's had a MONSTER bass response which had more presence than the majority of other headphones and earphones. Now that the 16's are out the 13's bass is light and not present. LOL.

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #52 of 184
You sell them to someone who would get them re-shelled by Fisher or Unique Melody.

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #53 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic 748i /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The JH16 Pro is the new FOTM and people tend to go after the new stuff. I personally, do not understand how one would want more bass than the 13's unless their source isn't up to task. I find the 13's very source revealing. The Protector with my HiFiMAN has perfect bass, now connecting the Protector to my iPod Touch the bass becomes anemic and sterile. The 13's demands a great source while the 16's will color the presentation to adapt to the majority of people's equipments. They're both awesome earphones but it's a bit funny how before the 16's came out the 13's had a MONSTER bass response which had more presence than the majority of other headphones and earphones. Now that the 16's are out the 13's bass is light and not present. LOL.

That's a good thing for me, since I don't plan on ever pairing my stock iPhone or iPod with an amp. I understand, of course, that the sound quality will improve with better equipment, but I am sure that better headphones trump better equipment. Personally, I can't imagine ever traveling with an amp and anything bigger than an iPhone. Carrying around a headphone case is the maximum for me.

You say the 16's will help out those with weaker sources. Well then, I'm happy to hear that, because my next source upgrade will be the next iPhone. That's as far as I'll go in the foreseeable future.

With all the said, I'm sure your set up sounds terrific. I can hardly wait to get my 16's!

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #54 of 184
Quote:

I got it the first time you don't want more bass..I think its pretty clear isn't just a more bass thing going on but you don't need to justify your jh13 purchase just be happy with it..

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #55 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoogieWoogie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got it the first time you don't want more bass..I think its pretty clear isn't just a more bass thing going on but you don't need to justify your jh13 purchase just be happy with it..

I don't need to do that, the sound quality coming from these speakers is doing it. =)
I hope every one enjoys their 13's or 16's. I know I'm enjoying my 13's. Perfect sound, not boosting or lacking in any part of the frequency response. Well, that's with my source as of now. HiFiMAN and Protector or ALO Rx.

Actually the 13's ARE boosting a frequency and that's the sub-bass region around 50hz at 6db's over 0db's. The rest from there on is flat.

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #56 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by warp08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL, then people would think I'm showing off
o2smile.gif

Do you think there aren't already enough earphones on that pic? I found that on Gizmodo a few months ago when they did a comparo of forty-three of them...ouch.

You bought both JH13 and JH16 to show off aren't you
icon10.gif

Quote:

I don't own any customs, but have to agree 'people tend to go after new stuff'. So I believe experienced ears only
regular_smile .gif

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #59 of 184
Quote:

I guess it's the nature of progress in technology. I would suggest that you seek out an opportunity to actually LISTEN to a JH16 Pro demo unit, at the very least preferably with your gear before you declare how much it "colors the sound" vs. the JH13s. In the end, you may still prefer the JH13 Pros, and that's fine.

Just my 2 cents, no offense intended.

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #60 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You bought both JH13 and JH16 to show off aren't you
icon10.gif

:

Yes, you got me...I'm an ugly, fat, middle-aged, balding man limping with a hump. But since I got both JH IEMs, I have a hard time beating off all these cheerleaders my back who want to sleep with me....
darthsmile.gif

deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back