[Review] CK100PRO Unboxing & Impressions (+ a retrospective journey with Audio-technica and versus CK100)
May 8, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #316 of 356
  So my Ck100Pro the left driver having audio shutter problem. So I send my cable back for warranty. But I soon found out it isn' the cable issue... It was the driver or connector issue. I have tried with other 2 MMCX cable. Swapping side and compare.. the result is the same..My warranty is already gone. So I'm just clueless now not sure what to do..

contact AT (or the entity you sent your product to) and ask them?
You must have had some sort of communication before sending it back.

If not, the worst thing that might happen is that you are charged for the false repair claim and need to redo the process.

May 8, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #317 of 356
Yeah, Have contacted them. They mention that since i don't have the warranty document. They will have to charge me a hefty fee to get it repair. God, My luck are just awesome... I don't even know how to feel now... 

May 8, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #318 of 356
Bad luck.

But to be honest, I am curious as to why you didn't send the entire product (incl. drivers), as others normally would.
And in case you only send a part of the IEM, you didn't first check and make 100% sure that you were sending the correct (ie broken) part. Usually broken cable have a particular bend direction in which the sound cuts out.

Please don't take this the wrong way, not blaming you by any stretch of the imagination. Just curious about your course of action.

How much would they charge if you don't mind me asking?

May 8, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #319 of 356
Well I did tried extensively before i send the cable, the moment it started shutter. I tried swapping right channel to the left to test. But atm, it didnt shutter. So I assume is Cable problem + i tested 2 hour before sending it back. 

I do feel a bit stupid though, blaming myself for that.

They said it would be around 10k yen. But they insist I send it over to them. To check the condition...

May 8, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #320 of 356
  Well I did tried extensively before i send the cable, the moment it started shutter. I tried swapping right channel to the left to test. But atm, it didnt shutter. So I assume is Cable problem + i tested 2 hour before sending it back. 

I do feel a bit stupid though, blaming myself for that.

They said it would be around 10k yen. But they insist I send it over to them. To check the condition...

Well 10,000 yen is fairly substantial for an unfortunate mistake like that.
Aren't there local AT resellers near you?

But look at it positively, you don't need to pay international shipping to Japan (or do you?)

May 8, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #321 of 356
  Well 10,000 yen is fairly substantial for an unfortunate mistake like that.
Aren't there local AT resellers near you?

But look at it positively, you don't need to pay international shipping to Japan (or do you?)

I do... CK100PRo is only in Japan. So Only Japan will have the right parts to repair. I will bear the fee of both return and ship to my door... Sadly..

May 9, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #324 of 356
  I do... CK100PRo is only in Japan. So Only Japan will have the right parts to repair. I will bear the fee of both return and ship to my door... Sadly..

But I must say, 10,000 yen is very substantial for a simple mistake like that...a bit strange for AT to charge that much 

May 9, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #325 of 356
Well I take care of this IEM really well. When I'm not using it keep it in case everytime. If I'm home and not using it, I keep in the box i have with foam on it. So ya.. But after the repair it is good to go. Don't break down within a year again please..

May 12, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #326 of 356
  Well I take care of this IEM really well. When I'm not using it keep it in case everytime. If I'm home and not using it, I keep in the box i have with foam on it. So ya.. But after the repair it is good to go. Don't break down within a year again please..

Things like that do happen.
At least you seem to have a proper customer service for AudioTechnica, not every company has

May 12, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #327 of 356
  Things like that do happen.
At least you seem to have a proper customer service for AudioTechnica, not every company has

Well, Just send in my unit. I do Hope for the best.. 
frown.gif
 Heard this issue happen with the 1st batch as well. My unit is also from 2011 Nov it seems.. Probably the first batch too..

May 12, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #329 of 356
Anyone here who has experience with Dunu DN1000 ? can you compare it to CK100 pro?

Thanks,

May 13, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #330 of 356
  Well, Just send in my unit. I do Hope for the best.. 
frown.gif
 Heard this issue happen with the 1st batch as well. My unit is also from 2011 Nov it seems.. Probably the first batch too..

Well let us know how it goes.
I am very interested in hearing about AT's customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back