Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo
Nov 19, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #271 of 694
Thank you, kind Sir. This is what I wanted, but does not ship to Europe. Maybe something on Aliexpress? I hadnt luck finding.

Nov 20, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #272 of 694
Thank you, kind Sir. This is what I wanted, but does not ship to Europe. Maybe something on Aliexpress? I hadnt luck finding.

I've bought mine of eBay so might be worth checking there.

Let me know if you don't find it and I'll send you the link where I bought from but I won't be home to do it until Sunday night.

Nov 20, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #273 of 694

Take a look at this one http://ebay.eu/1N0dRQe

Nov 21, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #274 of 694
Nov 24, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #275 of 694
Hey guys, my take on the Slim:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/centrance-dacport-slim/reviews/14592

Nov 24, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #276 of 694
  Hey guys, my take on the Slim:

Great review! thank you

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #277 of 694
So I had few days to play with Dacport Slim, and must say on out of the box listen I was not impressed. Sound was too polite and lacked authority.
But that impression faded quickly after some hours of burn in. Now this is my favorite device. I never heard what of potential R2PRO and R2A have until I got Dacport Slim. I thought GO720 is great  device to pair with Flares but this is even better. Flares R2 shine best on high gain.

first Go720 vs Dacport Slim impressions: I noticed that these two units output almost same volume level (Dacport Slim on high gain), on my Flares. GeekOut seems more punchy and energetic, little brighter in tone. However it has blacker background and lower noise ( I suppose better USB filtering?).
Dacport Slim has much deeper soundstage and better timbre. However I find that there are some EMI noises when I put my iPhone next to Dacport Slim. Also few times my Iphone blocked the volume control on my Dacport Slim ! it just didnt work and the volume stayed the same regardless of movement but the music kept playing. Did this happen to anybody? I needed to replug Dacport Slim to volume knob work again. I thought the volume knob is analog part not digital.
Also I like build quality of GO more, the Dacport Slim volume knob is amazing indeed but I find it easily to be accidentally adjusted. It should be covered more.

Anyways DacportSlim is amazing value at 130 Euros TAX + shipping included. Great sounding little device.

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #278 of 694
Dec 2, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #280 of 694
I'm not sure what you mean by "true" but there's also this one:

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #281 of 694
I got one of these a few months back (early September, so maybe 1st or 2nd drop?). There was a bit of a hiccup getting going on my Windows desktop (would only work when plugged into the USB 2.0 ports), but that really didn't matter to me, as my intended use was with my Macbook as a portable DAC/Amp. For that, it has worked great (no drivers needed, and no USB issues - actual plug & play). This is a pretty versatile little DAC/Amp. It works well with the IEMs I've tried (Westone 3, Brainwavz S5) (on low gain). Full-size headphones get a bit trickier. For easier to drive sets (K553 and M-100 are what I use primarily at the office), it does very well on low or high gain. It drives the K7XX very well (which I understand was one of the design goals). On my DT 990 250 ohm, on low gain, output wasn't especially high, but certainly listenable. On high gain, can start getting to uncomfortable volumes, but it also starts to sound a bit strained.

I primarily use the DACport Slim with IEMs and closed headphones (since I mainly use it at work), and the ones I've tried have all paired very nicely with it. For what they're dropping, it really is a great deal.

Dec 31, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #282 of 694

The difference between the Slim and HD ...  what the extra $100 buys you.  Hope this helps someone.

http://centrance.com/products/dacport/

Digital Specs

Max Sample Rate (Slim)192kHz (Also: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4kHz)
x.gif
Max Sample Rate (HD)384kHz (Also: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352kHz), DSD
 Max Resolution (Slim)24-bit (Also supports 16-bit)
x.gif
Max Resolution (HD)32-bit (Also supports 16 and 24-bit)
 ConnectionUSB 2.0, asynchronous
 Local clockMil-spec clock, 10 ppm precision, 1 ps jitter
 CompatibilityAny computer running Mac, PC, Linux. Driver is available for Windows.

Analog Specs

Frequency Response20Hz...40kHz +/-0.2dB
 Dynamic Range (Slim)109 dB, re +11.5dBu, max gain
 Dynamic Range (HD)112 dB, re +14.5dBu, max gain
 THD+N (Slim)0.003% (FS, 1kHz)
 THD+N (HD)0.002% (FS, 1kHz)
 Noise Floor7 µV RMS (A-weight), max gain
 Audio OutputStereo 3.5mm (1/8") jack, headphone or line output

Headphone Amplifier

Output Impedance1 Ohm
 Amplifier TtypeDirect Class-A, no caps in the signal path
 Max Level (Slim)2.9 V rms / +11.5 dBu
 Max Level (HD)4.1 V rms / +14.5 dBu
 Output Power (Slim)450mW (total), drives 600 Ohm headphones
 Output Power (HD)775mW (total), drives 600 Ohm headphones

General Specs

Input powerUSB bus (no external power supply needed)
 Gain Switch20dB range
 Internal power supplies±9V, dual, super-clean analog rails
 Unit Dimensions:3" (7.6cm) L, 1.1" (2.9cm) W, 0.4" (1.1cm) H
 Weight:2.5 ounces (72 grams)

Big thanks for this comparison.

In comparison to their portable peers in a similar price bracket, it's a shame that, unlike the Cozoy Aegis and presumably forthcoming Shozy / Cozoy device that
Amos Barnett / @Currawong tested, the Slim and HD do not forgo the need for Camera Connection Kit (on 30-Pin Apple), Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (on newer Apple) or USB OTG adapter (on microUSB Android). Incidentally, has anyone tried the Slim or HD on a Nexus 5X or 6P when simply using a USB Type-A to Type-C adapter?

It is also unfortunate that, unlike the Meridian Explorer 1, the Slim and HD do not include an optical output at up to 192kHz / 24-bit and 384kHz / 32-bit respectively - although, unlike the Explorer 1, it would be far better to integrate this into the standard 3.5mm earphone port, as on Apple devices and the Chromecast Audio, rather than including a second 3.5mm port.

It would also be nice if a 2016 revision introduced MQA decoding like the Explorer 2, although I'm not sure what DAC chip Meridian use. Perhaps they will explain more in a few days at CES when the partnership with TIDAL is announced in greater detail.

Dec 31, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #284 of 694
  What is the rate of DSD (2.8, 5.6)??? I can't get an answer on this question since this product was announced.

Jan 16, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #285 of 694
I have a centrance dacport lx with is supposably a dacport (dac/amp) but without the dac section. 
However after doing some research, the dacport lx does actually contain the same amp inside but is buffered. 
So from my laptop windows 7 or my android lg g3 phone with my headphones directly plug without an amp, the buffered amp section of the dacport lx is automatically on max and so with the absence of a volume control, is adjusted via the digital control on the laptop /android device.
Howeve with the dacport lx connected to a headphones amp, the same digital control is present that effects the volume the same way.
So how do I know for sure that the amp connected to the dacport lx is not just double amping the buffered amp section of the dacport lx instead of completely bypassing the amp section.
I am using the usb audio player pro because my lg g3 doesn't support usb otg native. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back