[Review] Brainwavz M4
Apr 19, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #107 of 154

Hope so for you although they said that my case is an unusual occurrence.
Today I have mailed my M4 to MP4 Nation. So we will see how it is going...

Just wanted to say that MP4 Nation has received my M4  today. They are going to send me a replacement unit soon.
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #108 of 154

Quote:
I am really on the fence about getting these. I am listening to a lot of folk music like mumford & sons will they be good for this sort of music?

hi,

i have the M4 and i listen to fleet foxes, bon iver, iron & wine, just to name a few. it is not an absolute no-no but with the emphasis on bass and the recessed mids that lack warmness, i would prefer not to listen their songs with M4, it is not a good choice/sound for this kind of genre.

Apr 23, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #109 of 154
i ordered a pair of brainwavz beta's and received few days ago, i found them to have more boomy bass. For the given price, clarity is very good and soundstage is impressive but for my taste it lacks real detail, treble and articulation to my likings (to my surprise, i found the stock earbuds from cowon e2 beats beta's in highs, mids, detail n treble except soundstage and clarity) 

i'm not inclined to choose m2 since i read they are warm and thich, i want more crisp and clear sound 

is M4 gonna be a solution for my taste?or may be M1?
which has better detail/clarity/instrument separation/highs/soundstage and one that sounds open, airy, articulating and more musical?(dont rate them to their value for money, this is how i got trapped with beta's)

Apr 23, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #110 of 154

Quote:
i ordered a pair of brainwavz beta's and received few days ago, i found them to have more boomy bass. For the given price, clarity is very good and soundstage is impressive but for my taste it lacks real detail, treble and articulation to my likings (to my surprise, i found the stock earbuds from cowon e2 beats beta's in highs, mids, detail n treble except soundstage and clarity) 

i'm not inclined to choose m2 since i read they are warm and thich, i want more crisp and clear sound 

is M4 gonna be a solution for my taste?or may be M1?
which has better detail/clarity/instrument separation/highs/soundstage and one that sounds open, airy, articulating and more musical?(dont rate them to their value for money, this is how i got trapped with beta's)

m1 is balanced, warm, smooth and musical. m4 is cooler in presentation and offers recessed mids and emphasis on lows.

I believe in terms of technicalities m4 is better but if you are looking for a musical presentation and enjoying music on a whole, then m1 will be a better option, imho.

Apr 24, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #111 of 154

Quote:

m1 is balanced, warm, smooth and musical. m4 is cooler in presentation and offers recessed mids and emphasis on lows.

I believe in terms of technicalities m4 is better but if you are looking for a musical presentation and enjoying music on a whole, then m1 will be a better option, imho.

thanks man.. what about m1's detail and treble in highs?.. i didnt like beta's v2 only bcos it lacks detail and treble in highs

May 1, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #114 of 154
I have both M1 and M4. I mostly listen to Bob Dylan. I prefer the M1 but for some songs the M4 can bring a smile on my face.
M1 does not benefit from amping and M4 is very sensitive and humms/hisses easily. It can open up a bit from amping. M4 has better isolation and is technically better.

May 2, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #115 of 154
I have a pair of M1 for almost a year now and im looking for some good upgrade to these. Im confused between M2 and M4. which one among these will be a good upgrade. I listen mostly to classic rock and metal.

Jun 1, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #116 of 154
I hoping the M4s sound like an IEM version of Creative Aurvana Live!. If they are as good as ClieOS said, I might let M4 replace my HM5s. Otherwise, I'll just use them as portable and/or when I have sore ears.

Do M4s sound like CAL!?

Jun 3, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #118 of 154
Quote:
I hoping the M4s sound like an IEM version of Creative Aurvana Live!. If they are as good as ClieOS said, I might let M4 replace my HM5s. Otherwise, I'll just use them as portable and/or when I have sore ears.

Do M4s sound like CAL!?

I haven't read this whole thread, but if you like the HM5s, you'll be disappointed by the M4s I think.

I returned my HM5s already, but from what I remember, the clarity and the mids are leaps and bounds better than the M4s. I only have the AKG K550s in my stable now, and I was very sorely disappointed by the M4s. Sounds like the vocals are in the toilet playing through a foot of water.

Jun 3, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #119 of 154
I loved Creative Aurvana Live! with its V-shaped signature, so I wouldn't mind the mids are a bit distant. I was looking for something different, less like HM5 and more like CAL!.

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #120 of 154
These are so good. Just saying that - glad I got these again. I had them before and they were stolen before I really got to get to listening to them. The bass is excellent without being muddy at all - it's punchy, and I love that. Sounds very good with all of the genres I listen to - especially the more elaborate folk. If it's something eclectic like Bon Iver, it's not great. But for something like Larry and His Flask it's absolutely fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back