[Review] Brainwavz M4
Jun 4, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #121 of 154
http://www.headphiles.org/index.php/topic,4486.0.html?PHPSESSID=6677cb36e4958b30b1a909a7a503071b

This guy says the mids and vocals are M4's strength, "about as good as the UE 700's". Those are very high praises. I guess I'll find out when I receive them.

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #122 of 154
Quote:
http://www.headphiles.org/index.php/topic,4486.0.html?PHPSESSID=6677cb36e4958b30b1a909a7a503071b

This guy says the mids and vocals are M4's strength, "about as good as the UE 700's". Those are very high praises. I guess I'll find out when I receive them.

M4s do have some energy behind the vocals, but the mids and vocals are definitely not the strength of them IMO.  Unless you listen to rock, the M4s seem like they were built for rock :p

Jun 8, 2012 at 8:42 AM Post #124 of 154
I just got them, the packaging is great. I really like the case that comes along.
One question, is driver flexibility capable of damaging a driver? It's one of those obsessions us Head-Fi'ers have that something might be degrading our sound, but just trying on tips I could hear the driver clicking from the pressure I was creating.

Jun 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #126 of 154
I received M4 yesterday in the second week after posting.

Bass is very strong, but not that much more than my HM5. Treble is clear but not sibilant, fatiguing or harsh. The midrange has taken a bit of back seat, but female vocals sound fantastic. A bit of boom, but not really ear-bleeding painful. It's definitely more mainstream than your everyday audiophile product, IMO.

In summary of my first impressions, I liked the M4 much more than its darker little brother M2. M4 isolates as much as my HM5. Despite the change in presentation, I don't feel like I missed out a lot when I went from HM5 to M4. M4 sounds more stereo than HM5s and doesn't have a deep V shape (as some has said); instead, emphasis in the bass region is slight, generally clear, with a good sense of air and good detail.  But I did find the lows were little congested/muddy, which hopefully will go away in time after some burn-in. We'll see about that.

Edit: Forgot to say, the right piece has driver flex but the left one doesn't. It's annoying; it'd be better if both had driver flex during insertion.

Jul 24, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #127 of 154
received brainwavz m4. but out of phase(wrong speaker polarity).
it is wrong soldering wired R and L and GND.
checked with sound test http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_polaritycheck.php.
anyone else having problems with these?

Jul 31, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #130 of 154
Quote:
i think Brainwavz m4 is worst build quality control for 28usd to 39usd price range earphone.

Care to elaborate?

Have you tried making a RMA since you're having issues with yours? With either Amazon or mp4nation? 

Jul 31, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #132 of 154
Quote:
Care to elaborate?

Have you tried making a RMA since you're having issues with yours? With either Amazon or mp4nation? 

+1

I'd like to know what build quality issues he's having with his M4's also.. I've owned my M4 for a few months now and I've had no problems with them other than some driver flex.. They also sound pretty damn nice to my ears and I kind of prefer my M4 to my VSonic GR06.

Aug 1, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #133 of 154
Quote:
Care to elaborate?

i already tried rma mp4nation.
i have some pair of m4.
1. out of phase(reverse phase of one side speaker unit) issue. it is lacking of center sound stage.
2. come off ear wax mesh cover issue.
3. channel imbalance issue(not driver flex).
:frowning2:

Aug 2, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #134 of 154
Quote:

I have them.  What do you want to know about them?  

Is there a lot of noise form the cable when using them without the clip? Do you hear the mic rubbing against you shirt etc? Also, how's the quality of the cable? Thanks! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back