[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
Dec 18, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #61 of 1,750
Glad I found this thread!  I went ahead an ordered a pair of these since it seems like a pretty good set for the money.

The only thing I really use right now is an old original Sennheiser PX-100 at work after getting recommendations for them on this site a couple of years ago.  It's still going strong and I have not regretted getting them.

I'm hoping this will be just as satsifying for my home use.  

I'm thinking of getting the FiiO e7/e9 to pair with these?  Any thoughts on that?

Dec 18, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #63 of 1,750

Quote:
I'm also considering these, but I'm wondering how are these with club songs full of bass?
Do they sound like someone farting or is it good?

If amplified, they produce sub-bass tones very nicely. I tested my FA-003 (same headphone) without amplification on some dub/dance/trance tracks and the bass is there, but it's just not exciting; but with amplification, the bass really picks up, gets authoritative, tightens and deepens. So you can totally listen to bassy music on these headphones, just run an amp behind them. They scale with amplification.

Very best,

Dec 18, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #64 of 1,750
If you live in the US, there's even more good news.
Quote:
USA preorders are being processed by amazon and they gave us a target delivery date of Dec 23rd for most buyers, so they may arrive to people in the US just in time for Xmas.

Dec 19, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #66 of 1,750
Thanks, I guess that will be my next purchase.
I would probably take FA-002W simply because they're gorgeous.. but I've read they're too heavy and head clamp (which is the same as on the HM5) goes into your skull, which is quite painful
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #69 of 1,750
Many companies are using the same frames obviously,
nagging question of cos is whether they are tuned differently,
or just rebadged. 
popcorn.gif

Did i see a 120....?? and whats the giveaway... 
http://mp4nation.net/catalog/products_new.html?zenid=5589e72e6a19d2ec1ae565e289c853cc

I am hopeful someone will come up with a sub100. 
beerchug.gif

Dec 20, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #70 of 1,750
Sorry I'm so late on here,but this is a great review keanex!! I've been too busy to comment,but have been reading all the posts. Glad someone on here other than me put up some nice comments on the HM5's :) They are worth it at the all but give away price they are offered at.I just received my own personal pair as well,breaking them in as I type this :)) Also got an e10 amp,the first time I'm using this decent an amp for my computer set up,sounds great!

Dec 20, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #71 of 1,750
Excellent review, so all intents and purposes the HM5 have a very similar sound signature to the FA-003, how do they compare sound wise to say the Beyer DT770 Premium Edition?

Dec 20, 2011 at 7:39 AM Post #72 of 1,750
http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-hm5-studio-monitor-headphones is now on head-fi's product list.

Dec 20, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #74 of 1,750

Quote:
Sorry I'm so late on here,but this is a great review keanex!! I've been too busy to comment,but have been reading all the posts. Glad someone on here other than me put up some nice comments on the HM5's :) They are worth it at the all but give away price they are offered at.I just received my own personal pair as well,breaking them in as I type this :)) Also got an e10 amp,the first time I'm using this decent an amp for my computer set up,sounds great!

Thanks d2k! Glad to see a peer enjoy my review! I agree these are well worth it, if anyone has any concerns, I wouldn't worry. Even if these are not the exact same as the FA-003, I can't see how you can get any better for the price. 

Quote:
Excellent review, so all intents and purposes the HM5 have a very similar sound signature to the FA-003, how do they compare sound wise to say the Beyer DT770 Premium Edition?

Not really comparable the DT770 have a v-shape while the HM5 are pretty much flat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back