[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
Jan 25, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #1,636 of 1,750
  Yeah im certain the difference is REALLY APPARENT. My right earpad has the boom in the bass while my left earpad like....erm flat. Dats why i always wonder why some reviewers said the HM5 is slightly to the bass side abit and i myself totally dont feel that way at all hmmm.... issit burning in? Im attempting to burn in my Left earpad with bass songs now hmm

Sorry to say this but that won't help ......if its really bad then doing a warranty claim might be the best bet , I was able to get my HM5 without any problems , all the best !

Jan 25, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #1,638 of 1,750
  well the problem is my HM5 has already passed its warranty period so..yeah =( Any solutions to this problem? Some Mod or...i dont know =(

Ha I am not the modding guy :p
Lets wait for other people to comment , or maybe make a new thread in Sound Science or something you can get a lot of help if you want !

Jan 25, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #1,639 of 1,750
Switch the pads. See if the bass is still lacking on the left or did the problem switch to the right. If so the pad doesn't seal properly resulting in weak bass. Also switch the cable. I doub't that would be the reason, or if it even could be. But it takes 5 seconds to check so nothing to loose there.  Also check that air vents on the side of the cups are open. There could be dirt or something blocking them. Hm5 is particularly sensitive in that sense..reduced airflow->reduced bass. Also open the headphones and check if there is something that looks wrong by comparing to the side that works properly.

If none of that helps I suppose there is not much you can do. If you really like your hm5 you could order jaycar pro monitor headphones if possible. Same headphones. Then you could use the drivers from jaycar with hm5 cups. 

Jan 25, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #1,640 of 1,750
  Switch the pads. See if the bass is still lacking on the left or did the problem switch to the right. If so the pad doesn't seal properly resulting in weak bass. Also switch the cable. I doub't that would be the reason, or if it even could be. But it takes 5 seconds to check so nothing to loose there.  Also check that air vents on the side of the cups are open. There could be dirt or something blocking them. Hm5 is particularly sensitive in that sense..reduced airflow->reduced bass. Also open the headphones and check if there is something that looks wrong by comparing to the side that works properly.

If none of that helps I suppose there is not much you can do. If you really like your hm5 you could order jaycar pro monitor headphones if possible. Same headphones. Then you could use the drivers from jaycar with hm5 cups. 

Well i actually first tested it when i finally found out how to remove the earpads...so yeah i noticed the problem without the earpads on..i also did the switching wire thing.....owh well sad =( 

the bass is there though, but the boominess is not...its like a certain frequency just disapeared from the left cup =(

Feb 4, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #1,641 of 1,750
  Yeah im certain the difference is REALLY APPARENT. My right earpad has the boom in the bass while my left earpad like....erm flat. Dats why i always wonder why some reviewers said the HM5 is slightly to the bass side abit and i myself totally dont feel that way at all hmmm.... issit burning in? Im attempting to burn in my Left earpad with bass songs now hmm

well the problem is my HM5 has already passed its warranty period so..yeah =( Any solutions to this problem? Some Mod or...i dont know =(

Have exactly the same problem as your's and that bugs somewhat. Check with the diaphragm shape. one driver diaphragm of my unit is a bit squeezed up
blink.gif
. i suspect that too be the problem for less bass presence in my case. i used to think it required more burnin but after seeing the driver, it was clear. 
Trying to get hands on the driver somehow. i think the diaphragm shape can be pulled back to its shape. Does anyone know how to get into drivers after opening the cans?

On the contrary.. i notice the difference goes somewhat low when i burn d cans for ~15-20mins before giving it a listen
confused_face.gif

Feb 4, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #1,642 of 1,750
Attach tape to a q-tip or a match or something. Anything that is not metal would do I suppose. I once allmost destroyed expensive headphones doing this with a tape attached to a screwdriver. Who would have guessed that a strong magnet behind the driver pulls metal objects, such as screwdrivers, towards it...
redface.gif
  If you can fit the q-tip through the center hole in front of the driver maybe you can get the tape attached to the diaphgram and carefully pull it up popping the driver back into it's correct position. If this could be done you would only have remove the pads instead of taking apart the headphones.

Feb 10, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #1,643 of 1,750
^Thnks a lot mate.. yeah got few screws stuck in it but managed to pull it out without affecting d driver. Tried the tape method but m not able to get it stick to diaphram coz of the front grill. Dunno wats a q-tip thing. Any way i can get d front grill just above d diaphram off?

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #1,646 of 1,750
Are the HM5 the same and identical to the FA-003//Jaycar/Yoga cd-880/Lindy Premium Hi-Fi/(NVX XPT100) XTP, or do each have separate implementations and sound signatures?

Mar 19, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #1,649 of 1,750
I've had my eyes on the nvx xpt100 for a couple weeks now and almost pulled the trigger a couple times. The extra pads are a big draw as I can use them on many many HPs down the road and even some I have right now.
I started reading about the sennheiser 518 and am now considering those. I mostly listen to EDM/classical and they would probably be mostly used indoors.
Would the 518 be a better choice if the price among the 2 was the same?

Apr 2, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #1,650 of 1,750
Interesting "upgrade for these headphones.

BRAINWAVZ HM5 Clarity Boost - Low Profile - 3D Printed Headphone Cups - Black

http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-clarity-boost-low-profile-3d-printed-headphone-cups-free-fedex-2-day-to-select-destination

Users who are viewing this thread

Back