[REVIEW]: Aurisonics AS-1b (ver1.2) Custom-fit Dynamic Driver In-Ear Stage Monitor
May 27, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #31 of 65
Been waiting to hear more about this comparison. I haven't heard the FS mg6pro's or the AS-1b's, but knowing my AS-2b's are super solid in some aspects i hear are lacking on the AS-1's, I am extremely confident the AS-2b's are gonna destroy the FS in comparisons. Then again, from what I know, they are different, while the AS-1b vs FS mg6pro comparison is a much more fair one. I think the mg5pro's would be the more accurate comparison based on price.
Quote:
Just to give an update, I would say they are close (law of diminishing returns). They both allow for adjustable bass via vent systems and they have nice dynamic drivers with move the air the vent provides. The MG6Pro has a bit more power, punch, air-moving bass energy and control, but again, there's a difference in price and compared to the difference between these and other earphones (which they both blow away), it's close. I'm confident that no basshead will be anything other than highly pleased with the AS-1b's ability to put out great bass. And if you don't want so much bass? Adjust it to you taste.

May 27, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #32 of 65
I just heard back from Dale. The recessed cable connections to the earpiece are there to stay as they are important for durability on stage. I can say from seeing them in person that the AS-1b has some of the sturdiest cable sockets I've seen. It's very well designed, so I'm not surprised Dale would stick with it.

May 27, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #33 of 65
@kunlun, kenman345
thanks for the response guys!

yeah i'm asking for flat socket because i just bought chris's cable with flat pin for my UM custom (sadly now that the left piece is missing :frowning2: )
and that's why now i'm into journey once again to search for another pair

does aurisonics already made official announcement when AS2 will be out and how much the price range will be?
i'm confused as to buy AS1 now with their fenomenal price or wait for AS2 to come with unknown price

sorry for my english
thanks

May 27, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #34 of 65
First off, Your very welcome. 

Secondly, Chris_Himself cables shouldn't be too hard to sell and replace with a Moon-Audio Silver Dragon V1 cable if need be.

Third, Aurisonics hasnt made the announcement yet about the AS-2's. The price range is something I couldn't divulge, especially since I do not know what it will be. What I can say is whatever the price be it will be worth the money. With the way I hear them and have talked to Dale about, these compete if not beat the rest of the offerings in its price range/target market. 

Fourth, Dale has said if you get the AS-1's you can get them changed to the AS-2's at a later point when the official announcement is made, as the AS-2's use the 15mm driver found in the AS-1
Quote:
@kunlun, kenman345
thanks for the response guys!

yeah i'm asking for flat socket because i just bought chris's cable with flat pin for my UM custom (sadly now that the left piece is missing :frowning2: )
and that's why now i'm into journey once again to search for another pair

does aurisonics already made official announcement when AS2 will be out and how much the price range will be?
i'm confused as to buy AS1 now with their fenomenal price or wait for AS2 to come with unknown price

sorry for my english
thanks

May 28, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #35 of 65
@kenman345
thanks man, i've made contact with aurisonics, and will discuss my inquiry with them

as for upgrade from AS1b to AS2 i don't think that would be easy, as i'm not living in the states

May 28, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #36 of 65
@Kunlun - thanks for the comparison!

Seems I have to wait for the AS2, but the upgrade option is something worth to consider.

May 28, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #37 of 65
Quote:
Just to give an update, I would say they are close (law of diminishing returns). They both allow for adjustable bass via vent systems and they have nice dynamic drivers with move the air the vent provides. The MG6Pro has a bit more power, punch, air-moving bass energy and control, but again, there's a difference in price and compared to the difference between these and other earphones (which they both blow away), it's close. I'm confident that no basshead will be anything other than highly pleased with the AS-1b's ability to put out great bass. And if you don't want so much bass? Adjust it to you taste.

Would like to know how the ASG stacks up in this respect. There is a serious lack of universals that provide both quality sound and powerful bass (specifically sub bass) when the music calls for it.

May 28, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #38 of 65
Quote:

Would like to know how the ASG stacks up in this respect. There is a serious lack of universals that provide both quality sound and powerful bass (specifically sub bass) when the music calls for it.

The ASG-1 ver 1.2 has excellent bass to my ears. It has more rumble than the Atrio and very nice extension as well.

May 28, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #39 of 65
Quote:
@Kunlun - thanks for the comparison!

Seems I have to wait for the AS2, but the upgrade option is something worth to consider.

I would say that you are getting great and powerful (and adjustable) bass with the AS-1b, so I wouldn't discount it because of a slight advantage to a custom that costs $300 more.

May 28, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #40 of 65
I'm really considering the AS1b - just waiting for a response from Aurisonics, if an upgrade to AS2 is possible (the way Future Sonics does it).

May 29, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #42 of 65
Upgrades are possible. this has been said. you'd have to send in your pair and then they use the 15mm driver from the AS-1's to make your AS-2's, and I believe they use the shell too, but not sure
Quote:
I'm really considering the AS1b - just waiting for a response from Aurisonics, if an upgrade to AS2 is possible (the way Future Sonics does it).

May 29, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #43 of 65
Upgrade is 100% possible from AS1 to AS2.  No guarantees for the one after 2 though.  You'd send them in after paying a bit of money (unknown amount at the time) and they'll upgrade it for you :)

May 29, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #44 of 65
Quote:
Upgrade is 100% possible from AS1 to AS2.  No guarantees for the one after 2 though.  You'd send them in after paying a bit of money (unknown amount at the time) and they'll upgrade it for you :)

Very Cool.

May 29, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #45 of 65
Quote:
Very Cool.

I actually like this feature a lot, especially with customs.  No need to wait for re-molding, and you know if you had a good fit the last time, you'll have another one! :)  Also saves Aurisonics time and money as well.  It's a win-win for everyone :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back