[REVIEW]: Aurisonics AS-1b (ver1.2) Custom-fit Dynamic Driver In-Ear Stage Monitor
May 23, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #17 of 65
Great review Kunlun! I always look forward to reading your reviews as I think we hear things very similarly.

I'm curious to see what you think of the ASG-1 (rev. 1.2) in comparison to the AS-1b. It should be very interesting; and might be the deciding factor on if I'm getting the AS-1b or not... :p

May 24, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #19 of 65
Quote:
Great review. I too have gotten compliments on my ASG-1's. I think it's the industrial look to them. 

Personally I dislike the frosted white look and I believe it pales in comparison to some of the carbon fiber weaving and craftsmanship of wooden faceplates and inlays of the Wizard.  

Oh people in this society, humanity is lost.

May 25, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #20 of 65
Quote:
Great review Kunlun! I always look forward to reading your reviews as I think we hear things very similarly.

I'm curious to see what you think of the ASG-1 (rev. 1.2) in comparison to the AS-1b. It should be very interesting; and might be the deciding factor on if I'm getting the AS-1b or not... :p

Thanks. I'll do some close listening between the two this weekend.

May 25, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #21 of 65
Quote:
Great review. I too have gotten compliments on my ASG-1's. I think it's the industrial look to them. 

Thanks, jaysins. It's neat how they draw positive attention.

May 25, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #22 of 65
Quote:

Personally I dislike the frosted white look and I believe it pales in comparison to some of the carbon fiber weaving and craftsmanship of wooden faceplates and inlays of the Wizard.  

Oh people in this society, humanity is lost.

You might be interested to know that Aurisonics has plans for artistic faceplates coming down the road.  Dale wanted to get everything related to the sound right first. You've gotta admit, he has his priorities right!

May 25, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #23 of 65
Quote:
You might be interested to know that Aurisonics has plans for artistic faceplates coming down the road.  Dale wanted to get everything related to the sound right first. You've gotta admit, he has his priorities right!

Mhm.  I couldn't agree more.  But in the world where the consumer is placed first and greed drives competition, I ask for more :p

I'm a lazy American with a penchant for complaining without a thought about solutions.
#freeriderproblem

May 25, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #24 of 65
Quote:
Mhm.  I couldn't agree more.  But in the world where the consumer is placed first and greed drives competition, I ask for more :p

I'm a lazy American with a penchant for complaining without a thought about solutions.
#freeriderproblem

I guess we'll have to agree to agree then!
etysmile.gif

May 27, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #25 of 65
Hi, i'm looking to dynamic driver iem and aurisonics seems interesting,
Do you know if AS1 cable socket can be changed to flat type?

thanks

May 27, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #26 of 65
Quote:
Hi, i'm looking to dynamic driver iem and aurisonics seems interesting,
Do you know if AS1 cable socket can be changed to flat type?

thanks

In terms of the connection of the cable to the custom earpiece, the socket on the AS-1b is actually already semi-recessed (but seems much more sturdy and well-built than typical recessed sockets). It uses the standard connection type used by Westone, JHA, Sensaphonics, Future Sonics, Heir Audio, etc.

In terms of the 3.5" connector plug to your amp/DAP, the cables are replaceable so yes, you can use a cable with a flat profile, you can run balanced, etc. You can get whatever cable you like from Toxic cables or any company you like and use it with the AS-1b.

Hope that helps.

May 27, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #27 of 65
Quote:
In terms of the connection of the cable to the custom earpiece, the socket on the AS-1b is actually already semi-recessed (but seems much more sturdy and well-built than typical recessed sockets). It uses the standard connection type used by Westone, JHA, Sensaphonics, Future Sonics, Heir Audio, etc.

In terms of the 3.5" connector plug to your amp/DAP, the cables are replaceable so yes, you can use a cable with a flat profile, you can run balanced, etc. You can get whatever cable you like from Toxic cables or any company you like and use it with the AS-1b.

Hope that helps.

I think you misunderstood him. I think he was asking if the ports have to be recessed, which is not something known at this time. I imagine since recessed ports are standard issue with Aurisonics whereas most other companies you have to request or pay extra for recessed ports, so their is probably a good reason for the recessed in the first place. but yes, Toxic Cables will be able to support recessed ports. 

People can check the list in my signature for a (relatively) complete list of cables for IEM's and if they have recessed port support

May 27, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #28 of 65
I think that's a question that is better directed at Aurisonics themselves.  I don't think anyone has asked Dale that yet.  I'm sure it's possible, but you won't know until you ask :p

May 27, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #29 of 65
Quote:
Mid forwarded with great bass extension and no harshness? Wondering how does it compare to the Merlins.

@Kunlun - so the subbass of ASG and MG6 is pretty the same? Power-, extension- and air-moving-wise?

Just to give an update, I would say they are close (law of diminishing returns). They both allow for adjustable bass via vent systems and they have nice dynamic drivers with move the air the vent provides. The MG6Pro has a bit more power, punch, air-moving bass energy and control, but again, there's a difference in price and compared to the difference between these and other earphones (which they both blow away), it's close. I'm confident that no basshead will be anything other than highly pleased with the AS-1b's ability to put out great bass. And if you don't want so much bass? Adjust it to you taste.

May 27, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #30 of 65
Quote:
I think that's a question that is better directed at Aurisonics themselves.  I don't think anyone has asked Dale that yet.  I'm sure it's possible, but you won't know until you ask :p

Good point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back