[Review] Audio Technica CKM500
Jun 28, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

I enjoyed the CKM500's more out of the two.  They had such a fun sound to them and much more bass.  The FXT90 is a great IEM, but something about the personality of the CKM500 is just so unique.  There are tracks I've heard with those IEM's that have never sounded the same with another pair.  The only reason I even ended up discovering the CKM500's was because I was looking for a IEM was more bass as the FXT90's didn't hit as hard as I would like.  While I wouldn't say the bass is overpowering on the CKM500's, I would say, if you're looking for more restrained bass, I'd look into the FXT90's.

well i'm looking for something that is clear but has good punchy bass. I listen to a lot of hip hop/rap, but also other genres such as rock ,pop. r&b, ect. I'm not a bass head so i don't want it to be over powering. I'd rather it be a balanced sound.

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #19 of 22
Nothing much. Ckn70 has better mids, bit more details and hardest mid-bass ever I have heard. And different soundstage.
And ckn70 is better for smaller ears.

Jul 16, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:
Any recommendations tips for the CKM500?

Personally I use the Sony Hybrid tips work well for me and highs are defiantly not reccessed at all to my ears.  I'd consider them to have quite forward treble actually. Very comfortable as well for my ears I've actually stopped using my headphones recently since these are more comfortable then any headphone I own and sound great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back