Review: Audio-gd NFB-7
Jan 10, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #31 of 201
Nothing much to elaborate.
From the start I felt it was more left/right sounding than in-depth (when compared to the Metrum). After I listened to some mono tracks I realized there was an imbalance (the sounds were shifted to the left-center instead of middle-center). So, actually, the sound was more left/left...
I also had a strange feeling in my head after fews minutes of listening to it. I could never really focus on the sound for that reason.

Jan 10, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #32 of 201
Thanks for your reply, i have asked you to elaborate, to get some more details and confirmation. Strange thing is i had exactly same problem on different Audio-GD balanced DAC once. It was unbearable, exactly same impressions as yours and i thought i was the only one.

Jan 10, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #33 of 201
For customers test if there is imbalance on channels without instruments .
For example like #31 , the left is louder than right, play mono recording
1, Exchange the L and R balace cable, still louder on left? If louder change to  right, the cable problems.
2 , Connect the DAC L output to the amp R input and DAC R output to amp L input, still louder on left? If yes, the amp or the listen room acoustics cause imbalance.
 If louder change to right, the DAC output signal unbalanced.
3, Try different sources, like USB connect with source A , and SPDIF connect with source B, if  all sources make the DAC have louder on left , most possible is the DAC have imbalanced, otherwise is the source have imbalanced .

The digital cable can make imbalance, some time replace the digital cable can fix.
For speakers system, the room acoustics can effect imbalance,

Jan 11, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #34 of 201
Note: I was running it single ended to the SA-31.

I don't know if the unit, indeed, was faulty or not but I could still hear the sound signature was not a good match with the rest of the setup.
My NFB-27 is in France now but on hold for clearance. It's 1h away from my house so I don't know if I will get it today.

Apr 1, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #35 of 201
I'm planning on ordering the 7.32.
About how long didn't take you all to get it through customs ?
I've never ordered overseas so I have no idea.
Do you have to pay an import fee or something ?

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #36 of 201
Quote:
I'm planning on ordering the 7.32.
About how long didn't take you all to get it through customs ?
I've never ordered overseas so I have no idea.
Do you have to pay an import fee or something ?

Having ordered quite a few things from Audio-GD over the years, I have never had to pay an import fee for any of it, and im also in the US same as you. As for shipping, they usually get things out the door like 2-4 days after you get them the money, and then from the day you get the shipping email, it usually is right around 6-7 days till it arrives at my door.

Apr 24, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #39 of 201
Are any of you all leaving the 7.32 on for extended periods of time?

Mine gets pretty warm but not alarmingly so. 

I don't remember Audio GD recommending letting it rest after so many hours
so would it be okay to leave it on all the time?

Apr 24, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #40 of 201
Quote:
Are any of you all leaving the 7.32 on for extended periods of time?

Mine gets pretty warm but not alarmingly so. 

I don't remember Audio GD recommending letting it rest after so many hours
so would it be okay to leave it on all the time?

IIRC, Kingwa said it is not recommended to leave them working for more than 8 hours straight. Never got any issue so far. It's just warm after 2-3 hours of use.
I warm it up for 1H before listening to it.

Apr 24, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #41 of 201
I must repeat again and again:
Except  the customize regenerative power supply products ( with a separate power supply box ), other units can power on always, but there is better restart if have 24 X5 hours power on .

Jun 6, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #44 of 201
mwindham08, If you don't mind, can you share with us what your impression is with this fabulous DAC? I am on the fence and like to hear thoughts from actual owners. Thanks in advance, Kenobi

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #45 of 201
First thing I initially noticed was an increased sound stage, wider and deeper. It has really good instrument separation which combined with the sound stage makes for a very realistic presentation. You will be able to tell if a recording was poorly mastered, but I still enjoy all my music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back