Review : AUDINST HUD-MX1 DAC/amp - a promising newcomer (compared to Audio-gd FUN, AMB Gamma2)
May 31, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #392 of 418
Had listened recently NFB12 DAC. Audinst performed better. A little less volume level, but not critical, proper bass kick, more extended trebles, portability... 

May 31, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #394 of 418
Quote:
Good to know that, now just thinking what's for the next upgrade..

My plan is to get the Schiit Asgard and use the Audinst as the DAC for a while until I can save up for the Bifrost.

Once that happens, then the Audinst can become a permanent part of my work setup.

Jun 1, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #396 of 418
hello,
       I am enjoying HUD-mx1 + m-stage + K702 for months. I often listen vocal, vocal jass , pop and stringed music. I would prefer HUD-mx1 and m-stage both are great entry level DAC and heandphone amp.

Jun 3, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #398 of 418
Well the Audinst sounds really good to me, really great to the Beyer DT250, but since I'm going to give it to my girlfriend (along with another DT250), I'm going to have to buy a new one, either that or I'm contemplating about something else like the Audioengine D1 etc...

Sep 1, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #399 of 418
Quick question.  For those of you that are pairing your Audinst with an external headphone amp, what are you doing with the volume setting on your Audinst?  100%  50%

Any input would be appreciated...

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #401 of 418
Hello guys,

have a problem setting up a MX-1 on a W7 SP1 computer. Unfortunately I opened a dedicated thread for my question. It would be great if you could have a look:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/651450/need-help-usb-dac-and-windows-7-sp1-issues

Mar 26, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #402 of 418
Quote:
I think that more or less any cheapo 15V adapter with 500mA current output capability should work fine

I have a question
The quality of the power supply is not critical in this digital products ?
Has Anyone tried some low noise linear power supply ?
I mean, i was reading of some mods depicted here

If the better caps are beneficial this means that the unit is quite sensible to the power supply quality (i.e. noise)
I am assuming that the 3 brown caps are PS caps of course.
Anyway i should received my Audinst soon.
Kind regards,
gino

Apr 16, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #403 of 418
I made quite a lengthy post about whether or not to get an external DAC for my speakers or stick with an Asus Xonar Essence ST here. The mx1 was one of the choices that popped up for me, however I'm using LME49720HA right now on my Auzentech X-Meridian 2G sound card which sounds great, I won't be using the mx1 for headphones at all, so I'll only be using the RCA line out which I believe uses the OPA2134 opamp for line out which is definitely inferior to the LME49720HA. My question is, will the mx1 be a downgrade from my current sound card with CMI8788 DAC and LME49720HA opamp? And it is to my understanding that the only rollable opamp is the digital out which I have no use for, unless there's some kind of way I could convert that digital out to work with my speakers Fostex PM0.4n studio monitors? 

Unless I hook my Fostex or other speakers up via 1/8" to the headphone out? Which will let me use the LME49860 opamp instead of the line out OPA2134 that aren't rollable from RCA to 1/8" adapter to my speakers?

Jun 20, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #404 of 418
I have been using a HUD-MX1 with my Sennheiser HD600.