Review and comparison: Focal Spirit Classic & Sennheiser HD380Pro
Oct 9, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #31 of 38
Received my Focal Spirit Classic today, man they sounded amazing just out of the box!!! especially the female vocal performance!!! damn!

Just one thing, I found the headband could use a bit more padding as it press the top of my head a bit at this point. Is there anything I can do to help with this problem?

Oct 10, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #32 of 38
  Received my Focal Spirit Classic today, man they sounded amazing just out of the box!!! especially the female vocal performance!!! damn!

Just one thing, I found the headband could use a bit more padding as it press the top of my head a bit at this point. Is there anything I can do to help with this problem?

You can try to put some additional padding on the headband obviously, like a piece of foam, otherwise not much. As I said in the review, the headband for some reason has more padding on the upper side than on the side that's actually in contact with the head, which is weird.

Oct 11, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #33 of 38
You can try to put some additional padding on the headband obviously, like a piece of foam, otherwise not much. As I said in the review, the headband for some reason has more padding on the upper side than on the side that's actually in contact with the head, which is weird.

Yah, that's something they should reconsider when designing their products.

Anyway, is it possible to take down the leather on the headband and staff some foams into it or the extra padding will definitely change the cosmetic looks of the headphones?

Oct 28, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #35 of 38
Now and after some listening to the X1 all i can say that the 380pro has very sharp highs and it cause fatiguing.  and it's main focus is in the mid's. but the soundstage is fairly similar(don't know how). but the X1 has the advantage for being a "Fuller sounding cans" i mean the body of the sound is full and rich. very nice and smooth and warm (now i know the difference between Warm&Neutral sound
size]
).
and i really don't know how an open back Hp like this has that amount of bass, really really cool.
Now i'm in love with the X1 and can not go back to the senn's.

May 18, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #36 of 38
I finally realized how I'd describe the mids on HD380's.  You know how the songs in the 80's had that hazey, dreamy, echoy quality about them that made vocals sound slightly distant with some artificial reverb? Well, that's is how HD380's make everything sound. You either like it or hate it I guess. :p

Nov 7, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #37 of 38
Hi, I would like to revive a bit this nice thread to comment on the HD380. I own these since a couple of years but I did not use to listen to those very frequently. I liked some aspects of their sound but not all of the aspects and could not decide what to do, if sell it or keep it.
Now, since the arrival of the AloAudio CV5 I really changed my mind over the sound signature of these headphones. Not only I introduced the new amp but I also upgraded the jumpers used in the rig with some Labkable.

With the CV5 the 380 sound really good, full bodied sound, no harsh at all, good extension and great macro and micro dynamics; a huge step up in the general quality. Now it is a pleasure to listen to such headphones with all kind of music. 

I seize the opportunity to thank the reviewer for the great job he did in this post, a very well done review, competent and deep as it should always be.
Bye
Alessandro

Oct 29, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #38 of 38
I apologize for resurrecting this thread. Been a long-time lurker of Head-Fi but never bothered signing up until I chanced upon this particular discussion. I have recently made a shotgun purchase of the Focal Spirit Classic after a quick demo at a local store.

I was just wondering, how would it compare with a Beyerdynamic DT990 250ohm version? I was thinking of getting those cans as well in the foreseeable future just to add it to my collection. Or should I just go straight to the T1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back