Review: AKG K 450
Jan 7, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #16 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp_zer0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You sure? the K81 are deceptively small if you've never seen them in person.

I'm pretty sure.
beerchug.gif

viodgy.jpg

Jan 11, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #18 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZUNDarkmon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love the use of the banana hanger! I just may go to my local BB&B and get me one too!

Do you mean the cable for the headphones? Is it really that easy to get?

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #20 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulSyde /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Umm... what!?

My quote was for this:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZUNDarkmon
Love the use of the banana hanger! I just may go to my local BB&B and get me one too!

Jan 12, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #22 of 72
nice review. I'm still in love with the Ultrasone HFi-15G but these are good and at $75, they're brilliant value.

Jan 18, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #24 of 72
I have a small investment in premium AKG-type cables that connect to the headphone by a mini-XLR plug. Also, premium mini-to-mini cables (3.5mm to 3.5mm). Are you saying that the K450 uses a different kind of plug?

Jan 20, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #25 of 72
Just got mine. Do they improve with burn in? First impression is that wow, they appear to be very detailed. Bass is decent, nothing too intense, but shouldnt disappoint. One thing I dont really like is that the mids/vocals sounds a bit hollow/muffled...anyone else feel this way? I think overall, I still enjoy my Klipsch Custom 3 more...even though it's comparing apples to oranges. Heck, if I recall correctly, even the Bose Around Ears sound better than these...

Jan 24, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #26 of 72
Hmm...weird...after using these for a few days they are actually quite enjoyable. They dont sound "muffled" and "hollow" anymore. Very smooth, crisp, and detailed sound. Anyone else notice a difference after break in as well?

Feb 5, 2010 at 7:07 AM Post #29 of 72
I'm about to spring for a pair of these, but have nothing near me in the way of trying them on. SoulSyde was wondering if you would be able to post pics of you wearing the k450 so I can get an idea how portable they are? Looked everywhere and couldn't find a thing. Many Thanks

Jun 9, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #30 of 72
Paul:  The mini-XLR (this is the K240/k270, etc. connector, right?) will not fit.  It is the 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm that you mention, with one end having a twist-in adapter to keep the headphone end from pulling out.

I got to use these on a plane today, so I decided to chime in.  These isolate decently well, and even in travel mode (no amp, driven directly from an 8gb ipod touch) i only had to turn up to half volume to get good detailed sound.  You can obviously still hear the hum of the engines, but if the captain comes on the P/A, you have to mute to understand what he's saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back