Review: AKG K 450
Sep 14, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #61 of 72
These are essentially Q460's only without the Quincy Jones Badging? They sound like a great pair of phones otherwise. (i love my K240 MKIIs) but which would you recommend, these (the Q460) or the PX200-II?

Thanks!

Sep 15, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #64 of 72
OK, that sounds great. I've just landed in LA for my holiday and will be heading off to new York in 4 days, I'll get the Q460's there. Just a question, how comfy are they?

Sep 22, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #66 of 72
They are very comfortable to me (I think my head is not what we can call 'little') after several songs played but can't tell you a long-term experience with PX200-II since I didn't purchase 'em.

Remember, maybe they can sound awfully bassy and unbalanced the first time you wear them (that was my experience) but after the burn-in they are impressive!

Sep 23, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #67 of 72
I really, really wanted to like these when I was auditioning headphones to use with my iPod classic (120GB). It did a number of things rather well - soundstaging comes most immediately to mind - but the things they did wrong, to my ears, particularly in the bass/madness region, they fell a bit too short. Loved their ergonomics, though. (I ended up buying Sennheiser HD25-1 Mk IIs.)

- Barrett

Feb 19, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #68 of 72
Im owning this pair of headphones(k450) and frankly, im a bit disappointed with its performance... ive roughly burnt it in using white noice for 50hrs but the sound is still kinda muffled up.

The bass are really overwhelming and wasnt deep enough;

The mids are a bit recessed and a bit covered by the bass, but quite good at this price point(Warm-sounding in my opinion);

The highs are where I found it disappointing. Its nearly not noticeable like the high hat as mentioned by the others and the cymbals sound thin and paper-like and lacks extension.

The soundstage was not good (like putting a band in a small room).

Meaning that the sound coming out of this are not recommended for a neutral pair of headphones. However, looking at the price point, it is just doing its job right.

The k450 is ultra portable and so durable with a removable cable,just paying for the built, its a no-brainer.
However, for the sound, I would recommend people to buy in-ear headphones with this price point like the ue600/700,shure 215(bass-heads), westone w1 and um1 etc.

Feb 24, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #69 of 72
Bought a pair of these a couple of years ago right after they were released. It was from respected dealer (not online Ebay etc). I was extremely disappointed with them and ditched them in a drawer and just forgot about them.

Now I dug them out and thought I'd maybe had been a bit hasty, but when testing them again one minute was enough to have them sent back to the drawer again. The main problem is that the sound is so colored - think tin can X 2. I feel that burn in won't really do away with that. Extremely bad sound if you, for instance, compare to the cheaper predecessors K416P (which is bit muffled but at least not colored) or K24P which really sound truly absolutely fantastic compared to this!

Sep 23, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #72 of 72
Do you know if this headphone is better than the philips shl5905.
I know that philips is not the best manufacturer of headphones, but i've heard that this new line "cityscape" is pretty good.
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back