REVIEW: ACS custom tips + SENNHEISER IE8
Jun 23, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #361 of 369

Quote:
Are there any alternative manufacturers that make custom sleeves for the IE8s?  ACS have now discontinued these for Sennheiser models.  I'm based in London.  Thanks in advance.

What's up with ACS? First they stoped making sleevs for Westone earphones, as they said there were issues with the sleeves slipping off the Westone's nozzle, now they don't make sleeves for Sennheiser earphones anymore.

I got sleeves for my UM3x a couple of years ago and they've been excellent. I also got sleeves for some IE8s about 18 months ago and they were pretty good (though not as good as the UM3x pair and I wasn't that keen on the actual IE8s themselves so sold them on). I thought that if I moved on to another pair universal IEMs I'd get some ACS sleeves again but they support hardly any manufacturers anymore.

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #363 of 369

Quote:
hello everyone.....LimeyOR ...i wait these days for a IE8 set and the next move is to order these acs custom sleeves....i saw your pictures and i have to say that these look amazing...do you remember what exactly did you tell them?This is  a full body and not a canal type ...right?Why yours look bigger?Why your IE8's look like they fit deeper and better to the sleeves?

May 11, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #364 of 369
Quote:
What's up with ACS? First they stoped making sleevs for Westone earphones, as they said there were issues with the sleeves slipping off the Westone's nozzle, now they don't make sleeves for Sennheiser earphones anymore.

I got sleeves for my UM3x a couple of years ago and they've been excellent. I also got sleeves for some IE8s about 18 months ago and they were pretty good (though not as good as the UM3x pair and I wasn't that keen on the actual IE8s themselves so sold them on). I thought that if I moved on to another pair universal IEMs I'd get some ACS sleeves again but they support hardly any manufacturers anymore.

(old thread, ye ye) Hehe, I actually put some like stycky paste under the sleeve sticking it to the headphone... now, no more trouble with slipping off. The ACS sleeves are incredible, easiely my best buy - after UM3x :wink:

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #366 of 369
I'm thinking about getting customs. I'm an ENT, and our audiology department uses Westone for our hearing aid patients. Westone makes custom shell tips for our employees for free. I never thought about doing the same for my IE80s. They fit fine right now, but it seems the outcome on sound quality is so hit or miss. Can those who has had the custom tips for few months or longer comment on how they still like or dislike their customs?

Aug 20, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #367 of 369
Quote:
I'm thinking about getting customs. I'm an ENT, and our audiology department uses Westone for our hearing aid patients. Westone makes custom shell tips for our employees for free. I never thought about doing the same for my IE80s. They fit fine right now, but it seems the outcome on sound quality is so hit or miss. Can those who has had the custom tips for few months or longer comment on how they still like or dislike their customs?

If you can get them for free, go for it.  I really like my customs on my IE8s but they do change the sound signature a bit.  I find that mine tone down the bass a little and do roll off the treble just a bit but I prefer the sound of my customs over generic silicone tips or Comply foams.   If I had to do it again, I probably would not spend the $150 I did to get them since they seem to have shrank a little and don't quite fit like the did.  But for free or little expense, I would definitely try them out.

Jul 27, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #368 of 369

Pacific Ears here on the Gold Coast of Australia have said that they will make a set of custom sleeves for me so I guess that they are still available

May 31, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #369 of 369
Does anyone know if ACL are still making these? (I would be interested for me IE80) I checked the website and couldn't find them mentioned.

Or do you have suggestions for an alternative company which would supply something similar? (knowing I am based in Ireland)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back