REVIEW: ACS custom tips + SENNHEISER IE8
Sep 16, 2010 at 8:48 AM Post #346 of 369
I shipped my ear impressions a few days back . From what i've checked , they seemed to have received my ear impressions and i have double confirm with my local postal service that Stacy had received them . But it's been 2 days and she haven contacted me about my purchase . I've sent them a email 2 days back but there isn't any reply from her side . 

Anyone encountered this issue too ?
frown.gif

Sep 16, 2010 at 11:38 AM Post #348 of 369

Quote:
I shipped my ear impressions a few days back . From what i've checked , they seemed to have received my ear impressions and i have double confirm with my local postal service that Stacy had received them . But it's been 2 days and she haven contacted me about my purchase . I've sent them a email 2 days back but there isn't any reply from her side . 

Anyone encountered this issue too ?
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//frown.gif" title="
frown.gif
" width="" />

I'd say give it a little more time. They have been prompt with their service so far, but I'd say don't lose any sleep about it just yet
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 17, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #349 of 369
I've received a reply from Stacy after ranting here . Maybe she's looking at this thread too . Haha .

Quote:
I'd say give it a little more time. They have been prompt with their service so far, but I'd say don't lose any sleep about it just yet
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//smily_headphones1.gif" title="
smily_headphones1.gif
" width="" />

Sep 17, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #350 of 369

Quote:
I've received a reply from Stacy after ranting here . Maybe she's looking at this thread too . Haha .

haha...nah. doubt it. though I have linked her to this page before
biggrin.gif

Sep 18, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #351 of 369
Hi all .

I'm currently in the midst of making my payment to ACS so that they're able to proceed with my order . I've attached a picture here so that any helpful bros could fill me in with the details . 

This would be the picture .

So what is their clearing code ? I've never done this before thus asking the help of some bros here .

This would be the details that Stacey had sent me through email .

Acc Name: Advanced Communication Solutions Limited
Acc No: 33228698
Sort Code: 60-10-07
IBAN: GB70 NWBK 6010 0733 2286 98
SWIFT (BIC): NWBK GB 2L
VAT: 660528635

Would appreciate if bros here could help me with this . Thanks .
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//smily_headphones1.gif" title="
smily_headphones1.gif
" width="" />

Sep 20, 2010 at 6:46 AM Post #352 of 369

Quote:
Hi all .

I'm currently in the midst of making my payment to ACS so that they're able to proceed with my order . I've attached a picture here so that any helpful bros could fill me in with the details . 

This would be the picture .

So what is their clearing code ? I've never done this before thus asking the help of some bros here .

This would be the details that Stacey had sent me through email .

Would appreciate if bros here could help me with this . Thanks .
smily_headphones1.gif
" width="" />" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//smily_headphones1.gif" title="
smily_headphones1.gif
" width="" />" width="" />

I can't really help you out there. If you need a clearing code from ACS, just call 'em or drop them an email to ask or do the same if you need it from the bank? I don't think anyone of us here will be in a position to advise unless we have the same bank and have done the exact same thing. I cleared mine via credit card. Sorry mate.

Sep 20, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #353 of 369
Hey bro it's okay .
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway , i don't have a credit card and my family members don't want to borrow me 1 . Finally went down to my local  bank and did a TT transfer tho .

Thanks for the up .

Quote:
I can't really help you out there. If you need a clearing code from ACS, just call 'em or drop them an email to ask or do the same if you need it from the bank? I don't think anyone of us here will be in a position to advise unless we have the same bank and have done the exact same thing. I cleared mine via credit card. Sorry mate.

Oct 6, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #355 of 369
I'm getting my impression taken in like 5-6 more hours here in Musician's Clinic of Toronto. I talked to the audiologist and he says the last pair he did took about 10 business days only. The lab is in Ottawa and perhaps fellow Canucks can get it faster. I'm looking to get mine done in black.

Oct 27, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #356 of 369
I've had my IE8s for a couple of weeks now, absolutely love them. I've got my voucher for my custom tips. I need to arrange to go in and get a my ears moulded. I've read about making sure not to talk whilst they set otherwise they might no be a perfect fit. Should I also ask for a 'full mould'?.

Are there any tips I should know before going in? I don't want to mess this up! 

Nov 6, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #357 of 369
Hello, this is my first post !

Thank you for your review it was very useful - especially the cable up part -. I'm actually having a lot of troubles with earwax with the Sennheiser IE8. I really need to know, how is it doing with your ACS custom sleeves ? Are you having a lot of earwax ? Or do the sleeves kind of "catch" the earwax ? I say that because with the Shure SE420 I've never had this problem.
Actually, did you see the IE8 canall width ? It's pretty huge if you compare to the SE420 ! 
What happens with the IE8 is with the sleeves I've put it goes deep and pushes the earwax in the rear...
So I'd really appreciate your opinion on that
biggrin.gif

Thank you for your help
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 15, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #358 of 369
I had some ACS sleeves made last year for the ER-4P. I have never used them because;

They protrude from my ears too far. The mounds hardly seem to enter my ear canal and sit on my outer ear. 
The isolation is less than the triple flanges.
The sleeve separates from the er-4 when pulling then out of my ears. 

I contacted ACS and told them I was unhappy and they told me to send them back and they would get them right. I'd didn't as it seemed pointless. I want them in the same position i have when using triple flanges. Maybe I'll have another go and see if they have gotten better with experience. 

Jun 17, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #359 of 369
@Thib. Hello and welcome to Head Fi!

My IE8's were my first good quality IEM's so I can't compare them to others, but I found that after getting ACS custom sleeves I did get more ear wax. Not a massive amount, but it meant I had to start cleaning my ears more frequently and more thoroughly - usually twice a day now, although once a day would be perfectly adequate. I am sure that other makes of custom sleeves / IEM's would have exactly the same effect, although that is just my feeling. I have learnt to be very careful cleaning my ear canal as it can easily get damaged, so only use soft tissue or similar material (sorry, I'm sure you know that, but it is worth mentioning - I once caused a slight tear in my ear canal and couldn't use my custom sleeves for about 2weeks until it had healed). Incidentally, I have subsequently bought ACS T1 full custom triple driver IEM's - which sound amazing! - but using them a lot makes my ears produce even more wax! But again there is no need to clean my ears more than once per day - although I like to clean them morning and evening for that "clean feeling" which tells me that I'm hearing the best sound my IEM's can produce!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back