REVIEW: ACS custom tips + SENNHEISER IE8
Jul 23, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #286 of 369
Here you go, really can't put enough emphasis on how comfy they are!

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

Jul 23, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #288 of 369
I hope yours don't start falling off the phones like mine did.

I've had one set remade, then the same thing happened again and they asked me to send them back again, with my Westone 3's, to make sure they stay put this time.

If they go again, I'm getting my money back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chocky900 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you heard back yet? I hope it's not just a problem with the red material sleeves because I've also chosen the red to go with my Westone 3s. Maybe I should contact them and change?

How long did it take for the replacements to go bad? I assume no one else has had this problem or they would post so that makes me think it is the red material that is prone to this problem. I might change to black instead.

They received them last Wednesday and I've heard nothing back yet. Maybe it is a problem with the red material, I never thought of that. I'll keep you posted.

Jul 24, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #289 of 369
Mine arrived today and I must say I'm very surprised with what they've sent me. The don't seem customised to my Westone 3s at all. They don't enclose the earphone meaning they spin freely and slide on and off the stalk too easily which means they get left in my ears when I try to pull them out. I also feel like I'm putting too much pressure on the stalk putting them in and taking them out. I'll put up some more pics tomorrow maybe but I'd appreciate a picture from Big Kev to compare with if he's got got one.

Pics

acs1.jpg

acs2.jpg

Jul 24, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #291 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by chocky900 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine arrived today and I must say I'm very surprised with what they've sent me. The don't seem customised to my Westone 3s at all. They don't enclose the earphone meaning they spin freely and slide on and off the stalk too easily which means they get left in my ears when I try to pull them out. I also feel like I'm putting too much pressure on the stalk putting them in and taking them out. I'll put up some more pics tomorrow maybe but I'd appreciate a picture from Big Kev to compare with if he's got got one.

Here is a link to my post and although the pics are rather bad, you can clearly see that they encase part of the phones, which is what I thought everyone would have expected. If I were you, I'd contact them, state that you expected this and ask for another set to be made mate.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...ml#post5619877

Jul 25, 2009 at 8:53 AM Post #292 of 369
When I ordered mind I wrote a letter detailing my exact specifications fot the headphones and I wrote that I wanted the sleeves to be full bodied. When I rang them up the day after they received them they told me they had written down to make canal only so its worth double checking they have writte down the correct order specifications.

It does look like you have the canal only type, I'm sure this happened to someone else in the thread and they remade the molds for him. Their CS is supposed to be excellent.

Jul 25, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #293 of 369
Thanks guys. I'll get in touch with them. I don't understand though how they think anyone would like these canal only tips unless they have some way of pulling them out of your ears like on the UM56s. I'm also having a hell of a time inserting them in the first place and knowing which angle to put them in especially when they rotate so freely on the stalks of the Westones. Even when I get them in they aren't particularly comfortable and don't sound very good either. Very boomy bass.

The remoulds will have to be a lot better to make me happy. A LOT.

EDIT

I sent a 'polite' email with your pics Big Kev and requested remolds. I also thought it best to ask something other than red seeing as mine seem to be suffering from the same problem as yours. I thought different colours for left and right would be wise so I suggested one clear and one black.

Jul 27, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #294 of 369
After 12 days, I finally got my W3's and remade moulds back and they seem to be a perfect fit, going even a little further round the phones themselves.

Maybe the jig they were using to make the moulds was slightly off, but that should be sorted, now they have had my set for a while.

Fingers crossed that this set is trouble free.

Jul 28, 2009 at 9:28 AM Post #295 of 369
Just recieved my IE8 sleeves - first impressions after a day with them... super comfy, but any borderline hint of isolation the IE8 stock buds provided has evaporated to the extent I could hear a girl texting on her iphone, on a loud bus, between songs.

I haven't had a chance to listen to seal test MP3s properly in a background noise free environment, but a quick attempt this morning on the bus meant I could only hear the high freq and no hope of the low freq - I assume this could be the sudden total abscence of isolation, or a bad seal.

Either way, the sleeves are perfect for my original problem (silicon sleeves seemed to slide out of my ears quickly, foamies altered the sound too much) - they feel invisible. However, I'm nowhere near sold on the "hearing protection" aspect of custom sleeves - if anything, I'm using a louder volume on my commute and SQ is potentially diminished.

I'll get pics up later too...

Jul 29, 2009 at 9:43 AM Post #296 of 369
Bump - can any ACS\IE8 combo owners weigh in on how much they can hear with the phones inserted but no music playing? Able to talk and hear easily? Able to hear someone's keyboard clicking from 15ft away in a quiet room?

Jul 29, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #300 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A silly question, does ONE acs custom tips works both W3 and IE8 at the same time ?

I don't know how big the nozzle is on the IE8, but I doubt it's exactly the same size as the W3, but as the mould goes round the phones themselves, they wouldn't be compatible mate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by toiletduck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bump - can any ACS\IE8 combo owners weigh in on how much they can hear with the phones inserted but no music playing? Able to talk and hear easily? Able to hear someone's keyboard clicking from 15ft away in a quiet room?

You can hear people talking, but you couldn't hear them that clearly and definitely wouldn't be able to hear a keyboard clicking from 15 foot.

Once they're in the ear with music playing, I can't hear anything else apart from the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back