REVIEW: ACS custom tips + SENNHEISER IE8
May 6, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #211 of 369
By the way, how much does an audiologist typically charge for making an earmold impressions? I called an audiologist to request pricing information, and I somehow missed their call when they tried to got back to me. They left me a voice message saying that it would cost $50. Not cheap, but the price seems acceptable to me. However, when I called them today trying to make an appointment, I was told that it would cost $130! Just to make the impression! I am trying to get hold of the person who left me the voice message to see what's going on...

May 7, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #213 of 369
digg around. my area all offers around CDN$70 for ear impressions.

I was able to find a location that could offer me $10 for that.

It turned out well and gave me a phonak box too.

May 7, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #214 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by khtse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By the way, how much does an audiologist typically charge for making an earmold impressions? I called an audiologist to request pricing information, and I somehow missed their call when they tried to got back to me. They left me a voice message saying that it would cost $50. Not cheap, but the price seems acceptable to me. However, when I called them today trying to make an appointment, I was told that it would cost $130! Just to make the impression! I am trying to get hold of the person who left me the voice message to see what's going on...

$20 here in Indianapolis. The cost of living IS actually cheaper!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 7, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #215 of 369
Quote:

ajmiarka, how soft is the EP material? Compared to, say, the stock silicon tips or the stock foam tips?

Do you think going from canal to full/half shell would improve isolation? After all only the canal part is plugged into your ears... Anyway, I am worrying that the full/half shell earmolds may cause the IE8 to stick out too much, unless they accommodate for the shape of the IE8 in the making process.

The material was thicker than the regular silicon tips but still soft. It didn't really offer that much more isolation, at least to me.

I'm hoping that the full molds do accommodate for the shape of the IE8. ListenHear should be shipping them back sometime this week so I can let you know about the fit and the isolation.

May 7, 2009 at 1:32 PM Post #216 of 369
The charging model used by ACS here in the UK is a fixed £88 all in. I guess a slice of this goes to the audologist but you just pay the fixed price. At least that's the assumption I have for my visit this Saturday !

May 7, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #217 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The charging model used by ACS here in the UK is a fixed £88 all in. I guess a slice of this goes to the audologist but you just pay the fixed price. At least that's the assumption I have for my visit this Saturday !

I was told that the £88 doesn't include the audiology fee.
confused.gif

May 7, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #220 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmiarka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$20 here in Indianapolis. The cost of living IS actually cheaper!
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm paying $20 in Denver as well. And they deal directly with Starkey so I can pick up the earmolds locally. Not sure if they are making something on handling the molds as well. If so, cool.

May 8, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #221 of 369
I spoke to ACS yesterday and they said that £88 is their suggested retail price and should include impressions but to check with the audologist as well. It seems like the retailer has the option to add some on top. I'm booked in at David Ormerod at Boots tomorrow so I'll report back on costs
wink.gif

May 8, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #223 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
man I am tempted to get the tips for my ie8's just have to decide whether or not I want to go for a full custom or stick to what I have right now

If you're going to get ie. ES3X or UE11Pro, go for full customs.

or else just stick with universal.

custom tips could be skipped.

May 11, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #225 of 369
Quote:

ajmiarka, have you received the new earmolds from Listenhear yet?

Not yet. I am hoping to get them this week. I'm guessing making a full mold takes longer than their canal ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back