Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line Microphone and Remote
Mar 10, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #481 of 681
I'm also hoping that they will send me their brand new triple driver on-ear full sized headphone for review. Will keep you posted.

I tried these briefly at the 1More booth in Taipei last week, inside Syntrend (across the Guanghua Digital Market). According to the Taiwan 1More site they sell for 6990 NTD or 225$ USD. 

http://taiwan.1more.com/h1707/
http://audio-head.com/1more-goes-one-more-with-the-quad-driver-ces-2017/

Hiding in the corner of the 1MORE booth at Pepcon was an early prototype of the Triple Driver Over Ear headphone which employs piezo ceramic tweeters to perform a multi driver experience in the around-the-ear fashion. No word yet on release date or pricing, but definitely something to keep an eye out for in the coming months

It also seems that singer Jay Chou is promoting 1More, despite his association with Sony and also making his own IEM line a few years ago called TiinLab - there's some rumours they have merged with 1More and whatnot.

I think it's a pretty interesting concept but still needs some work. From what I recall they have a large soundstage and great instrument separation but they do sound somewhat distant. The bass has some separation, as if having a separate subwoofer.

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #482 of 681
Recently tried a 6ba iem from aliexpress. Several weeks back, I also tried the pm4 and the lz a4. But, still found the 1more to be better.

Anyone else had the same experience with these IEMS?

Sent from Nokia 3210

Mar 11, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #484 of 681
Recently tried a 6ba iem from aliexpress. Several weeks back, I also tried the pm4 and the lz a4. But, still found the 1more to be better.

Anyone else had the same experience with these IEMS?

Sent from Nokia 3210

For the price they are really nice. My 12 driver is still noticeably better but not a fair comparison since price difference is huge.

Mar 11, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #485 of 681
I'm surprised to find some folks reporting the Triple Drivers don't do so well with low quality files. Playing lower bit rate recordings with them actually seemed to be an exercise in forgiveness. They definitely show how better up stream gear sounds better, but again I think they have an uncanny way of making crappy file quality sound listenable?

Mar 12, 2017 at 5:20 AM Post #490 of 681
I'm surprised to find some folks reporting the Triple Drivers don't do so well with low quality files. Playing lower bit rate recordings with them actually seemed to be an exercise in forgiveness. They definitely show how better up stream gear sounds better, but again I think they have an uncanny way of making crappy file quality sound listenable?

I think a lot of this is a question of attitude. If a recording has flaws (e.g. something that was digitized from a vinyl record and has some hiss), a more accurate, detailed earphone will reproduce the flaws as well as as the music; if the flaw is there, only an inaccurate earphone will fail to convey it to you. (On the other hand, since the Triples have a somewhat "warm" sound to them, they won't emphasize hiss as much as some 'phones with a more "clinical" sound.) If you're listening for the flaws and ready to be annoyed by them, the Triples may not be your best bet - although they won't be the worst either. But for some listeners, the fact that the Triples do such a nice job of rendering the music "musical" may help them to focus on what's good and ignore the flaws, even though they're audible.

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #493 of 681
The white ones are the 1More dual driver monitors. I purchased the triples from Costco and were very impressed, so I bought the duals the next week. I was underwhelmed with the dual driver setup. I use them for running around, but I use the triples for critical listening.

Mar 14, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #494 of 681
I purchased these a few days ago and still breaking them in,  I was at starbucks today and could barely here them connected to my surface book at full volume.   I forgot to bring my fiio e17k portable amp with me today - these headphones sound great with an amp but not great on their own.

Mar 14, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #495 of 681
I purchased these a few days ago and still breaking them in,  I was at starbucks today and could barely here them connected to my surface book at full volume.   I forgot to bring my fiio e17k portable amp with me today - these headphones sound great with an amp but not great on their own.
I disagree - what they need is a very snug eartip - the only one I have that fits securely is the largest size Sony MH1 tip...

Get that right, and they're quite usable (using them quite happily out of an iPhone 7 Plus) - get the fit slightly wrong though, and - agreed, they are then a bitch to get to sound good, and - leak sound in - and out, like no-ones business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back