Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line Microphone and Remote
Mar 14, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #496 of 681
I purchased these a few days ago and still breaking them in,  I was at starbucks today and could barely here them connected to my surface book at full volume.   I forgot to bring my fiio e17k portable amp with me today - these headphones sound great with an amp but not great on their own.

Something must be wrong with connection, output lvl, etc Mine can be way to loud through an iPhone.

Mar 14, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #497 of 681
I disagree - what they need is a very snug eartip - the only one I have that fits securely is the largest size Sony MH1 tip...

Get that right, and they're quite usable (using them quite happily out of an iPhone 7 Plus) - get the fit slightly wrong though, and - agreed, they are then a bitch to get to sound good, and - leak sound in - and out, like no-ones business.

Even with a snug eartip.... they aren't very loud unless your source has some power.

Mar 14, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #498 of 681
its odd very low sound on my surface book - great sound with my fiio e17k connected to it though

I am running a v4a / dolby altmos mod on my s7e and it sounds terrible - must be the settings

on my note 5 with no audio mods it sounds good and gets pretty loud as well

but I do believe it sounds much better with power

Mar 14, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #499 of 681
  its odd very low sound on my surface book - great sound with my fiio e17k connected to it though

I am running a v4a / dolby altmos mod on my s7e and it sounds terrible - must be the settings

on my note 5 with no audio mods it sounds good and gets pretty loud as well

but I do believe it sounds much better with power

It really does need power, I don't care what other people say. These things shine with power, if your device has anemic output you will always be disappointed. Even if the volume gets decently "loud" it wont sound the same without a real amp of some sort.

Mar 14, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #500 of 681
Agree. I have the Fiio x7 with am1 module. My regular volume setting is 110 and it's just right.

I reckon this will sing further with the more powerful modules.

Sent from Nokia 3210

Mar 16, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #501 of 681

Use comply isolation 600 or comfort 600 tips. I am using 1More Triple with comply foam for about 3 months and I have better isolation. I am listening generally at 50% - 55% volume and very little sound coming from outside and it's when if the track is at a relatively silent part. And I must say with default silicone tips it was not so bad, too.

I am using it in the bus, metro etc.. I have no issues at all, I never needed to make volume 70-75 or over. And how is a train you are using, that is making so so much noise?? :)

I've put comply isolation tips on them, BA's are still a step above but it's much much better now.

Mar 16, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #503 of 681
Even with a snug eartip.... they aren't very loud unless your source has some power.
How do we define loud?

Using the LG G5 standard output, which is gutless, I could not agree more, and - again with the Samsung S7 Edge - you could argue that its quite borderline in terms of volume, but - they're comfortably powerful / loud out of an iPhone 7...

I will say that the treble opens up once you go into the Dragonfly Red territory, and - yes, there is considerably more headroom - but, to be fair, where these like to leak noise out, I wouldn't want them up too loud out on the road anyway - don't want angry glances from fellow commuters! (these isolate well enough at a moderate volume to be usable on a train, which is the main thing for me).

Mar 18, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #505 of 681
How do we define loud?

Using the LG G5 standard output, which is gutless, I could not agree more, and - again with the Samsung S7 Edge - you could argue that its quite borderline in terms of volume, but - they're comfortably powerful / loud out of an iPhone 7...

I will say that the treble opens up once you go into the Dragonfly Red territory, and - yes, there is considerably more headroom - but, to be fair, where these like to leak noise out, I wouldn't want them up too loud out on the road anyway - don't want angry glances from fellow commuters! (these isolate well enough at a moderate volume to be usable on a train, which is the main thing for me).

Yes well that's what I mean. While it can get loud, it isn't "full" until you have something with some power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back