Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line Microphone and Remote
Feb 9, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #271 of 681
  I know that it doesn't sound that great from an iPod touch 6G. But some people have told me it has alot worse output vs an iPhone 7.

But who really knows. Overall if you like Audio you shouldn't be using anything from Apple anyway.

Thanks for your input.  I guess ultimately I'll have to order one and find out for myself.  

I do like Audio but I also like saving my money lol, so if I got an iPhone 7+ that plays music, that will have to do.

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #272 of 681
  Thanks for your input.  I guess ultimately I'll have to order one and find out for myself.  

I do like Audio but I also like saving my money lol, so if I got an iPhone 7+ that plays music, that will have to do.

Yea I get you there, if that is the phone you already have then it makes sense.

My iPod touch 6g will drive them, but they cannot "stretch their legs" the way that they can with my HTC 10 or with the FiiO K1.

Alternatively later down the road you could get a FiiO K1 or a E18K or a E10K and use a Lightning to MicroUSB DAC adapter for better listening.

My iPod touch is mostly for use in my cars since every car supports iPod format but few support Android audio so I wasn't really upset.

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #273 of 681
  Yea I get you there, if that is the phone you already have then it makes sense.

My iPod touch 6g will drive them, but they cannot "stretch their legs" the way that they can with my HTC 10 or with the FiiO K1.

Alternatively later down the road you could get a FiiO K1 or a E18K or a E10K and use a Lightning to MicroUSB DAC adapter for better listening.

My iPod touch is mostly for use in my cars since every car supports iPod format but few support Android audio so I wasn't really upset.

Yeah that might be a good move.  I had one of the earlier iterations of the Fiio portable amps when I had an iPod many years ago and it worked great from what I remember, so will def look into that thanks.

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #275 of 681

That would be helpful, thanks
wink.gif

No problem. Any particular genre you'd like me to try out?

Mostly listen to EDM, rock and pop these days.  Thank you my man.

Feb 9, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #277 of 681
  Mostly listen to EDM, rock and pop these days.  Thank you my man.

I can say they sound great in Pop and Rock. EDM is hit and miss because of the poor quality mixes for many small-time EDM artists/prodcuers.

You can really hear the artifacts and/or terrible recordings.

it sounds amazing though in jazz or classical music, but it also depends on the masters. Some of the older music definitely has the "tape hiss" or the record "artifacts".

Feb 9, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #279 of 681
The 1Mores can come-off as confusing upon a first listen. This takes place especially out of a lower output phone upon first use.

It seems that a phone at first does not allow the 1More to reach it's lowest notes, hence sounding almost bass light. Combine that with the fact that less power actually causes the bass to be less controlled and muddy.

After mental burn in and introduction to a more powerful source the 1Mores can wake up to be all they potentially can be.

Feb 9, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #280 of 681
Just met up with a good buddy of mine last night tried several tips from his stash. Found a very good one which had nice results with the 1more. Borrowed it for the mean time. These are the stock tips of the TF10.

Sent from Nokia 3210

Feb 9, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #281 of 681
The 1Mores can come-off as confusing upon a first listen. This takes place especially out of a lower output phone upon first use.

It seems that a phone at first does not allow the 1More to reach it's lowest notes, hence sounding almost bass light. Combine that with the fact that less power actually causes the bass to be less controlled and muddy.

After mental burn in and introduction to a more powerful source the 1Mores can wake up to be all they potentially can be.

This is exactly the experience that I had. My first source was my iPod touch and I was a little disappointed even though it did still sound "good" but really sounded bass light.
But not with my HTC 10 so I then ordered a K1 which also has no problem powering it.

Feb 9, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #282 of 681
This is exactly the experience that I had. My first source was my iPod touch and I was a little disappointed even though it did still sound "good" but really sounded bass light.

But not with my HTC 10 so I then ordered a K1 which also has no problem powering it.

The first impression confusion starts maybe with the idea that a blurry uncontrolled bass is too much bass, when in fact it's simply not "tight bass".

Most don't think of IEMs as needing power or gaining too much amp improvement with the general $100 buyer profile.

When in fact the 1More changes to better bass response with slightly more power and gets a transparent and larger soundstage.

These ideas pretty much disprove many posted thoughts and views about the IEM SQ by folks simply using an old phone and writing stuff down.

Feb 9, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #283 of 681
The first impression confusion starts maybe with the idea that a blurry uncontrolled bass is too much bass, when in fact it's simply not "tight bass".

Most don't think of IEMs as needing power or gaining too much amp improvement with the general $100 buyer profile.

When in fact the 1More changes to better bass response with slightly more power and gets a transparent and larger soundstage.

These ideas pretty much disprove many posted thoughts and views about the IEM SQ by folks simply using an old phone and writing stuff down.

Exactly! I think its the 32ohm resistance that causes it too, considering that most cheap headphones are 8 or 16 ohm.

Probably that + the 3 drivers is that creates these requirements. Either way hearing the 1More's on a proper source is really amazing. I have wowed some friends and family in the last couple weeks just letting them try these when connected to my HTC 10.

Feb 9, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #284 of 681
Exactly! I think its the 32ohm resistance that causes it too, considering that most cheap headphones are 8 or 16 ohm.

Probably that + the 3 drivers is that creates these requirements. Either way hearing the 1More's on a proper source is really amazing. I have wowed some friends and family in the last couple weeks just letting them try these when connected to my HTC 10.

They know of the power requirements and hint to it in the marketing stating the IEM can handle large amounts of accident power without a fail.

They also note about the delicacy of BA mechanism and provide a shock absorbtion BA inclosure, somehow around both balanced armatures yet still inside the nozzle?:eek:

Feb 9, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #285 of 681
They know of the power requirements and hint to it in the marketing stating the IEM can handle large amounts of accident power without a fail.

They also note about the delicacy of BA mechanism and provide a shock absorbtion BA inclosure, somehow around both balanced armatures yet still inside the nozzle?
eek.gif

Yea no idea how shock resistant they are, I take very good care of them even when setting them down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back