Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line Microphone and Remote
Feb 7, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #256 of 681
  Just got my Triples today from RequiredDetails who shipped them incredibly fast!

Initial impressions -- Really hoping the burn-in smooths out the dynamic because the bass feels rather boomy.

But oh man, the mids in these are silk.  Absolute silk.  If these get better than they are already I'm going to be head-over-heels.

Also, the standard silicon tips that come with them give me the best fit and seal I've ever had from ANY IEM.  These things are disappear in my ears comfortable.  Was not expecting that at all.

Couldn't agree more about the silicon tips that they ship with - the ones that come fitted just fit me perfectly.  I've tried all the others and a few from my own tip bag, but there's no need - they are just the best for me.  Really pleasing to find an IEM that is so plug and play.

As for the bass, I don't think it's boomy at all - it's exactly where it needs to be if you ask me.  Are you coming tothe Triples from a more bass-lean IEM?

Feb 7, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #257 of 681

Couldn't agree more about the silicon tips that they ship with - the ones that come fitted just fit me perfectly.  I've tried all the others and a few from my own tip bag, but there's no need - they are just the best for me.  Really pleasing to find an IEM that is so plug and play.

As for the bass, I don't think it's boomy at all - it's exactly where it needs to be if you ask me.  Are you coming tothe Triples from a more bass-lean IEM?

I don't mean it's overpowering, it just feels a little hollow.  Like there's a reverb on it.  It's really strange in any case.  My other IEMs are indeed less bassy so perhaps that's part of it.  I am going to wait to see if they settle down with burn-in.  I know dynamic drivers do tend to settle more than armatures do, at least from everything I've read.

Feb 7, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #258 of 681
I don't mean it's overpowering, it just feels a little hollow.  Like there's a reverb on it.  It's really strange in any case.  My other IEMs are indeed less bassy so perhaps that's part of it.  I am going to wait to see if they settle down with burn-in.  I know dynamic drivers do tend to settle more than armatures do, at least from everything I've read.

Adjusting to tips with less of a seal might help. Source also matters. With my iPhone the 1more triple drivers are a bit boomy, with my Fiio X5 the bass is much better controlled, tighter and closer to flat (but not flat).

Feb 7, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #259 of 681
Adjusting to tips with less of a seal might help. Source also matters. With my iPhone the 1more triple drivers are a bit boomy, with my Fiio X5 the bass is much better controlled, tighter and closer to flat (but not flat).

Interesting. The fit and seal I've got is absolutely perfect from what I can tell. I'm guessing it's probably 80% burn in, but I'll try running them off an amp tonight.

Feb 7, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #260 of 681

Interesting. The fit and seal I've got is absolutely perfect from what I can tell. I'm guessing it's probably 80% burn in, but I'll try running them off an amp tonight.

I felt the same way about the bass at first as well. That was out of my Fiio x3i, but after tip swapping, the medium foams, then wearing them over ear instead, took care of the boominess. I also turned down the bass on my x3 by 1. Having come from mainly the havi b3 pro1, I expected to have to adjust to something good having more bass anyhow. But now, they seem to have relaxed and evenEd out. Whether that's burn in or just me getting used to the sound I'm not sure. But I like them for 60 bucks that's for sure.

Feb 7, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #261 of 681
I felt the same way about the bass at first as well. That was out of my Fiio x3i, but after tip swapping, the medium foams, then wearing them over ear instead, took care of the boominess. I also turned down the bass on my x3 by 1. Having come from mainly the havi b3 pro1, I expected to have to adjust to something good having more bass anyhow. But now, they seem to have relaxed and evenEd out. Whether that's burn in or just me getting used to the sound I'm not sure. But I like them for 60 bucks that's for sure.

Yep I know what you mean about the tips, I wear them on semi loose tips and it really lessens the bass.

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #264 of 681

My point was that an incomplete seal will lessen the bass. Try smaller tips.

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #265 of 681
Amped them off a little Fiio E5 last night.  Boominess seems to have almost completely faded.  The seal is flawless, I walked down the sidewalk yesterday wearing them and couldn't even hear the cars next to me.

I'm pretty much in love with these things.  They handle everything I throw at them.  EDM, Jazz, female vocals.  I don't find the bass to be lacking at all, either.  It's solid and it goes pretty deep from what I've heard thus far.

Will get a lot more time in on them today at work.

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #267 of 681
After almost a year these earbuds are still holding up well for me. The only complaint I have is that for some reason the silicone tips that I've been using since I got them have gotten very loose. To the point that if I'm not careful when taking them off, the tip will remain stuck in my ear. OTOH, if the line gets snagged on something and the earbud gets ripped out of my ear, at least there's no chance of me losing the tip cause it's still in my ear. =p

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #268 of 681

No, I don't, but I can't see why they wouldn't sound peachy from the iPhone 7+.  You'd have to be an idiot to design an IEM these days without tuning it for the icrowd. 

I don't know the technical aspects of it but with Apple removing the headphone jack, i read it's got no dac? Supposedly, it's in that little headphone jack to lightning cable dongle thingymajig which I've yet to test.  

I guess what I really want to know is if they sound anything like or improve upon the V-MODA ZN - which suits my listening tastes.

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #270 of 681
I know that it doesn't sound that great from an iPod touch 6G. But some people have told me it has alot worse output vs an iPhone 7.

But who really knows. Overall if you like Audio you shouldn't be using anything from Apple anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back