Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line Microphone and Remote
Feb 5, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #241 of 681
Just got the triple drivers a day ago and must say I am truly impressed.    Coming from a pair of shure se215's which are essentially the same price.   No comparison as far as I am concerned.   The triple drivers handle the top end so much better without losing anything on the bass side.   Plus the soundstage of the triple drivers sounds so much more open to me.   I do have a couple of questions.  These headphones do not come with something on the cable to cinch the upper part together closer to reduce microphonics (which I do not really find to be a problem).   That is surprising to me.   Have people improvised something?    Also I see people referring to wearing them up versus down.  Does the latter refer somehow to looping the cable over the ear?   One thing I did love about the Shures was the secureness of the fit due to the cable looping over the ear.   And finally I have seen people ask about comply replacement tips but have not seen a definitive answer as to which model works best with the 1Mores.   I know the 100's do not as that is what I have with the 215's and they do not fit.    Thanks for the responses.   I really look forward to spending some time the rest of the day listening to these.   

Feb 5, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #242 of 681
Does anyone knows if the control issue persists in the HTC 10??

I just received my triples from Costco ( gold color) an the control works perfectly with my HTC one m9 but I'm planning to get the HTC 10 and I want to know if the control works. I've read that the volumen up or down don't work properl in this model

On my HTC 10 only the volume up works for some reason, not volume down. But play/pause works. I haven't tried any of the "hold" features or multi-press features because I'm not sure which is which.

Feb 5, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #243 of 681
  Just got the triple drivers a day ago and must say I am truly impressed.    Coming from a pair of shure se215's which are essentially the same price.   No comparison as far as I am concerned.   The triple drivers handle the top end so much better without losing anything on the bass side.   Plus the soundstage of the triple drivers sounds so much more open to me.   I do have a couple of questions.  These headphones do not come with something on the cable to cinch the upper part together closer to reduce microphonics (which I do not really find to be a problem).   That is surprising to me.   Have people improvised something?    Also I see people referring to wearing them up versus down.  Does the latter refer somehow to looping the cable over the ear?   One thing I did love about the Shures was the secureness of the fit due to the cable looping over the ear.   And finally I have seen people ask about comply replacement tips but have not seen a definitive answer as to which model works best with the 1Mores.   I know the 100's do not as that is what I have with the 215's and they do not fit.    Thanks for the responses.   I really look forward to spending some time the rest of the day listening to these.   

I haven't needed to tie the wires together, I don't have many issues with microfonics. Wearing them over the ear feels weird to me, but maybe its because I never really wore IEM's like that before.

Feb 5, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #245 of 681

After reading some reviews, I was worried about possible microphonics before I got my Triples. But I have zero issue with them, even in a gym / real world commute to work scenario. I guess some people must just be hyper-sensitive cry babies.

Feb 5, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #247 of 681
  And finally I have seen people ask about comply replacement tips but have not seen a definitive answer as to which model works best with the 1Mores.

Comply recommends their 600 series, which seems correct fit for the large tube of the Triple Driver:
http://www.complyfoam.com/products/t-600/
http://www.complyfoam.com/products/ts-600/
I use the TS-600 and like it. The foam is softer, more compressible, and more comfortable than the original foams. But $19 shipped for 2 pairs is a bit outrageous, and they don't offer their Variety Pack for 600 series yet.

Feb 5, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #248 of 681
  Comply recommends their 600 series, which seems correct fit for the large tube of the Triple Driver:
http://www.complyfoam.com/products/t-600/
http://www.complyfoam.com/products/ts-600/
I use the TS-600 and like it. The foam is softer, more compressible, and more comfortable than the original foams. But $19 shipped for 2 pairs is a bit outrageous, and they don't offer their Variety Pack for 600 series yet.

​Thanks.  Amazon has them for $16.99 for three pairs but unfortunately every size is out of stock.   Strange.

Feb 5, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #249 of 681
Thanks thread starter sharing this review, I was curious why a triple driver selling @ $100, how does it sound? Ordered one and have been using it 3 months and I am very satisfy with its performance as thread starter has mentioned - smooth as butter. Yes, mid range is very smooth, I love it so much. My personal preference, its low to mid-low is slightly more, mid-high is a bit more too, high is slightly less than enough.

I used an android app calibrate its profile, after tweak the settings many hours I manage to get cleaner bass, deeper sub bass, mid is a bit neutral but sounds quite close to my IE80 (can't conclude and is just my own preference), high needs to elevate a lot to meet my taste.

I use this only when I am carrying my Xperia XZ outdoor, most of the time I output through H3 BT amp. Sound is much lively once external amp is connected. I like instrumental music, soft pops, vocals and classical. This triple driver always reproduce clean, crisp and fairly accurate stage image. Vocal may be slighly backwards, IMHO it correctly demonstrates as my home sound system does, and I have never experienced a singer sings next to my ears live.

Feb 6, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #250 of 681
Thanks thread starter sharing this review, I was curious why a triple driver selling @ $100, how does it sound? Ordered one and have been using it 3 months and I am very satisfy with its performance as thread starter has mentioned - smooth as butter. Yes, mid range is very smooth, I love it so much. My personal preference, its low to mid-low is slightly more, mid-high is a bit more too, high is slightly less than enough.

I used an android app calibrate its profile, after tweak the settings many hours I manage to get cleaner bass, deeper sub bass, mid is a bit neutral but sounds quite close to my IE80 (can't conclude and is just my own preference), high needs to elevate a lot to meet my taste.

I use this only when I am carrying my Xperia XZ outdoor, most of the time I output through H3 BT amp. Sound is much lively once external amp is connected. I like instrumental music, soft pops, vocals and classical. This triple driver always reproduce clean, crisp and fairly accurate stage image. Vocal may be slighly backwards, IMHO it correctly demonstrates as my home sound system does, and I have never experienced a singer sings next to my ears live.

I just got a set of Panasonic HD-10's and the sound signature is totally different, I would say that the Triple-Driver is more accurate and the instrument separation is slightly better but it really doesn't have the sub bass and natural sound of the HD-10. The 1More is closer to a "reference" sound where as the HD-10 is a natural sound, if you see a band live you will hear the drums and the sub bass, and that is missing in the 1More even if the highs are somewhat better.
I find that the 1more sounds better with jazz/classical/electronica yet the HD-10 has a theater feel.

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #251 of 681
First time to try all the extra tips that came with the triple.

First, tried the foams one by one. Bad seal and lost completely the bass or what's left of it.

Finally, I tried the silicone one by one. Didn't have any drastic effect.

I'm looking to improve the bass output, any leads as to the best tips I can get?

Sent from Nokia 3210

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #252 of 681
First time to try all the extra tips that came with the triple.

First, tried the foams one by one. Bad seal and lost completely the bass or what's left of it.

Finally, I tried the silicone one by one. Didn't have any drastic effect.

I'm looking to improve the bass output, any leads as to the best tips I can get?

Sent from Nokia 3210

Try the different tips, but make sure to try to get a tight fit by rotating them back and forth to screw them in your ear a bit.

I found a significant difference between some of the included tips.

Feb 6, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #253 of 681

With foams, you should only get a bad seal if the tip is too small. Did you compress the foam (roll between your fingers) before inserting in the ear? Compress the foam and insert the earpiece as far as you can comfortably. Hold the earpiece in place until the foam expands and forms a seal.
Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYpdm2qm6Pc (btw, I posted about my experience with Comply tips a few posts earlier)

Feb 6, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #254 of 681
Just got my Triples today from RequiredDetails who shipped them incredibly fast!

Initial impressions -- Really hoping the burn-in smooths out the dynamic because the bass feels rather boomy.

But oh man, the mids in these are silk.  Absolute silk.  If these get better than they are already I'm going to be head-over-heels.

Also, the standard silicon tips that come with them give me the best fit and seal I've ever had from ANY IEM.  These things are disappear in my ears comfortable.  Was not expecting that at all.

Feb 6, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #255 of 681
  Just got my Triples today from RequiredDetails who shipped them incredibly fast!

Initial impressions -- Really hoping the burn-in smooths out the dynamic because the bass feels rather boomy.

But oh man, the mids in these are silk.  Absolute silk.  If these get better than they are already I'm going to be head-over-heels.

Also, the standard silicon tips that come with them give me the best fit and seal I've ever had from ANY IEM.  These things are disappear in my ears comfortable.  Was not expecting that at all.

The mids do get better after about 50 hours, they are a bit recessed out of the box.
I actually don't feel that the bass is boomy at all, these actually lack sub bass in some respects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back