Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line Microphone and Remote
Apr 3, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #556 of 681
I have both, and can honestly say that what they say about MaGaosi K3 Pro(sells for $110-$130) is indeed true if you compare it to most sub $150 IEMs with the exception of a select few ie. Sendiy M1221. However, keep in mind that your preferences in sound signature will also matter. The K3 Pro sound signature can change a little by switching filters or not using one, it's tuned to sound close to the AKG K3003i. If you already have the 1More triple(sells for $79-99), I wouldn't say that the K3 Pro is such a 'night and day' upgrade, it's a slight upgrade at best but then again K3 Pro does cost a bit more than the 1More triple; so you can't really be fully expecting that the 1More triple can sound/punch way above it's price; just as the K3 Pro will not sound better than the MusicMaker Shockwave III. The competitor of the K3 Pro would be the M1221(sells for $139-$150) and not the 1More triple, and as far as I know the M1221 does edge out the K3 Pro. Hope this helps explain it somewhat and if you have the funds then by all means get the K3 Pro, but the 1More triple is already good for its price, even more so if you were able to purchase it at the Costco sale price.

If you were able to purchase the K3 Pro at less than $110 then yes it's a bargain and you've lucked out.

Just also know that apparently there's a K3 HD or something is in the making which is being tuned by a sound engineer, I'm not sure if it's true or just April fools gone past the date of the joking around.

I'm more interested in just a different sound signature to have. Also the comfort, I'm sure I'll still keep the triples, just like I won't sell my have b3p1, I like a change every now and then. Also I like the "cheaper" items since I use them a lot at work and when I work on things in my shop. If I break a 90$ iem I'll be upset but I won't be hurting financially. I don't really want to spend 800 on a custom, or more. If rather spend that on a th900 or he6, or hd800, something for sitting in a nice chair doing nothing. Anyhow, I appreciate your info, and I am still impressed at the 1mores performance. Listening to them right now through the ifi dsd black label, and just love them

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #558 of 681
They did make a new model with the Apple connector. But to be honest, I wouldn't pay 150 for the 1more. I paid 60 for my regular version, and they're worth a little more than that. But 150 is overpriced imho

Apr 5, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #560 of 681
I have been using the triple drivers for a few months now and I really like them. I feel the Xiaomi Pro HD is right behind followed by the regular Xiaomi Hybrids.

Really tempted to buy the Quads, but I feel that they are slightly to expensive for me to justify an upgrade at the moment.

Apr 5, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #562 of 681
Triple Driver bass is barely enough for me, sub-bass is not sufficient at all. Quads having less bass is worrying.

Apr 6, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #565 of 681
  Has anyone had an issue with the cable being loose under the strain reliefs below the earpieces? I don't see any indication of cable breakage, but below the left earpiece I can hear an occasional crackle or clicking sound coming from this area, especially when I rotate the cable around the strain relief.

hmm - after checking this again I'm pretty sure the crackling sound I'm hearing is coming from the cable itself rather than the driver or strain relief. It happens if I have the IEM in a certain position or if I move my head around.  When I rotate the cable onto itself I can hear/feel it crinkling, but while wearing them I only hear it on the left side.

Regarding bass, at first I thought the Triples didn't have much bass except some midbass but after more time with it I think the sub-bass is much deeper than the Audio-Technica E40 (I thought the opposite at first). The E40 has more bass energy but it doesn't reach as low. Although the E40 has better treble energy it doesn't quite retrieve as much detail as the Triples. On the plus side it is more forgiving of more poorly mastered tracks. The Triples have an upper mid peak I think borderline sibilant and my right ear is more sensitive to it. I recently changed to Audio-technica tips which helped tone it down but the sound is a bit more veiled now...

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #566 of 681
Anyone complaining about bass on the triples really needs to adjust the fit/seal. While I love these as far as sound/price ratio, my main complaint it the over-emphasized and bloated bass.

I usually like headphones with a slight mid-bass hump.

Apr 8, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #567 of 681
Anyone complaining about bass on the triples really needs to adjust the fit/seal. While I love these as far as sound/price ratio, my main complaint it the over-emphasized and bloated bass.

I usually like headphones with a slight mid-bass hump.

Well it does have a small bump but the detail isn't as good as the quads. I have been listening to the quads almost exclusively now.

Apr 18, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #569 of 681
Ooohhh yea, spiral dots, my new favorite tip. These things are awesome

Apr 27, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #570 of 681
I have quads for two days. I have tried various tips but bass is bloated heavy and bleeds in rest of spectrum. They can not even be touch my Ostry KC06, beating FLC8S is a long shot. There is veil in sound and they sound congested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back