Review: 1964EARS 1964-T
Jan 6, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #31 of 64
A multi custom review thread is the only natural progression coming from a multi universal custom thread :) Also if you buy multiple from the same company you can save $50 on impressions :p

Jan 6, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #32 of 64

Quote:

Quote:
so is this the beginning of a multi customs review thread?
wink.gif

You're lucky to be halfway around the world or my wallet would be knocking on your door right now holding a baseball bat.

lol
beerchug.gif

Jan 6, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #34 of 64

Quote:
[...] if you buy multiple from the same company you can save $50 on impressions :p

Yeah and those new JLABs are a great deal because they're 90% off MSRP!

Quote:
I'm sure he could get a bulk discount.  
tongue.gif

Watch it - you're only an hour's drive away.

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #35 of 64
Well customs actually do sell at their MSRP unlike the sneaky scam like marketing technique from jlabs

Feb 1, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #38 of 64
Thanks for the impressions, ljokerl. I think I may pull the trigger for the quad version. Thanks for including the links to find an audiologist also! That helps a TON.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #39 of 64
Just made my appointment for impressions.  I'm buying the triples in the next 2 weeks! 

P.S. I told my wife about these customs and she was pushign me to buy them.  Couldn't figure out why until I realized she was trying to steal my DBA2.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #40 of 64

Quote:
Just made my appointment for impressions.  I'm buying the triples in the next 2 weeks! 

P.S. I told my wife about these customs and she was pushign me to buy them.  Couldn't figure out why until I realized she was trying to steal my DBA2.

That's really nice of her to go after your DBA-02 instead of asking you to surrender your credit card
tongue.gif

Feb 2, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #41 of 64

Quote:
Thanks for the impressions, ljokerl. I think I may pull the trigger for the quad version. Thanks for including the links to find an audiologist also! That helps a TON.

Great - I figured the 1964 earphones would be likely to be someone's first customs, priced the way they are, and those audiologist lists took me way longer to find than they should have the first time around.

Feb 7, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #43 of 64
Just thought I'd mention: If you are having trouble finding a reasonably priced audiologist, try asking the audiology department of a hospital. Despite them not typically having a price sheet for the impressions, they will usually do them far cheaper than the local stores. hospitals = $10-$25 vs. small shops = $35-$70 an ear

Feb 7, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #44 of 64

Quote:
Just thought I'd mention: If you are having trouble finding a reasonably priced audiologist, try asking the audiology department of a hospital. Despite them not typically having a price sheet for the impressions, they will usually do them far cheaper than the local stores. hospitals = $10-$25 vs. small shops = $35-$70 an ear

I had wondered about this, thanks for posting.

I've also heard of folks getting impressions done at Costco. Many (or most?) locations have an audiologist area near the pharmacy, and several people have reported getting impressions done for free or at a low cost. Definitely worth a phone call at least.

Feb 7, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #45 of 64

Quote:
Quote:

I had wondered about this, thanks for posting.

I've also heard of folks getting impressions done at Costco. Many (or most?) locations have an audiologist area near the pharmacy, and several people have reported getting impressions done for free or at a low cost. Definitely worth a phone call at least.

? for real!? I'm checking that out ASAP
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back