Review: 1964EARS 1964-T
Jan 4, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #61 of 64

Quote:
Looking to enter the custom territory for isolation and deeper fit etc. as currently I only use a pair of lowly SE215's. They do the trick, but overall lackluster with too much emphasis on bass for my taste. I'm looking for a more reference IEM that has a brighter sound, holding treble at the heart. I love that 1964 Ears does such neat things with the appearance of their IEM, and also have a neutral tone, but currently I'm looking at the 1964T, the CTM-200, and the Kozee X1 Executive. Out of these do you have a main preference? Or is one a better overall value, maybe one I haven't listed? Thanks anyone.

The 1964-T has as much bass as the SE215 and is far from bright. The X1 has other issues, being a single BA and much cheaper, but I think you would like the CTM-200 better than the 1964s. I do prefer the CTM-200 myself because I too like a brighter, more spacious sound to the more monitor-like mid/bass-centric antics of the 1964-T. I am not familiar with other customs in the price range - maybe something out there has better treble extension and presence than the CTM-200 but the 1964-T does not.

Jan 4, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #62 of 64
I also heard only good things about the TF10's, so I was thinking of purchasing then sending for a remold. Do you still think the CTM-200's hold SQ dominance, or would this be a better alternative? Thanks again.

Jan 4, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #63 of 64

Quote:
I also heard only good things about the TF10's, so I was thinking of purchasing then sending for a remold. Do you still think the CTM-200's hold SQ dominance, or would this be a better alternative? Thanks again.

I've never heard a remolded TF10 but the universal version is not as balanced, controlled, or resolving as the CTM-200. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back