Review: 1964 Ears V3 triple driver custom IEM (updated 10/24/12)
Jan 9, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #76 of 194
Quote:
suscribed ! i just registerd on this forum a month ago. and went for ciem quite fast. first tdk ba200 now my first ciem v3.
impression shipped invoice paid.
how does the v3 compare to the tdk ba200?
i am actually a total newb on this forum.
and is it worth buying a dac or amp for this easy to drive ciem. ?

Welcome Killer,congrats for your purchase.Well,i think that an amp and a dac would always benefit,but you have to check it by yourself,or may you can ask to some more experienced users around here.
Don't forget to post your impressions as soon you gen your hands on!

Jan 10, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #77 of 194
BleaK,

I am wondering if you feel the V3 would work in a pinch or "casually" as a reference type CIEM or is it too colored? I have been thinking about getting them but I do occasionally do some "mobile" mixing and mastering. Of course my primary focus with them is for stage use, which is sounds like they are perfect for.

Nice review,
D

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #78 of 194
Project,i have already asked you many question,but which between the V3 and the 8.A is more bass heavy in your opinion?they seem to be the end of the line for my sounding IEM preferences,
I don't know if i have to save and wait until beginning december (A loooong time) for having enough money and some promotional sale from the Wizard to buy an 8.A or maybe it is too much bassy in relation to the V3 ,that still does not have the same abilities then the  8.A.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #79 of 194
Quote:
BleaK,

I am wondering if you feel the V3 would work in a pinch or "casually" as a reference type CIEM or is it too colored? I have been thinking about getting them but I do occasionally do some "mobile" mixing and mastering. Of course my primary focus with them is for stage use, which is sounds like they are perfect for.

Nice review,
D

Yeah, I think they would work for that kind of purpose as well. They are quite balanced although they have some color to them.

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #80 of 194
Thanks,

One last question for everyone: could someone compare the V3 to Shure 535's they are the only triple driver headphone that I have experience with and would like to hear others comparisons, And I am pretty much down to buying one of these two iem's.

Thanks again,
D

Jan 12, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #81 of 194
Quote:
Project,i have already asked you many question,but which between the V3 and the 8.A is more bass heavy in your opinion?they seem to be the end of the line for my sounding IEM preferences,
I don't know if i have to save and wait until beginning december (A loooong time) for having enough money and some promotional sale from the Wizard to buy an 8.A or maybe it is too much bassy in relation to the V3 ,that still does not have the same abilities then the  8.A.
bigsmile_face.gif

The 8.A is more bass heavy - somewhat more by volume, but significantly more by "feel" because it has deeper extension. So it feels more even more prominent than it may actually be, objectively speaking. But I don't feel like it's too much at all. Just right when I'm in the mood for bass.

Jan 13, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #82 of 194
Well,great.
The point is that i am really in a limbo between the V3 and the 8.A as one of them will be my only pair of customs ,as maybe i have sad already.

A nice and enfatized Drums representation with a great accuracy and musicality (which both products have) seems to be the nice choice between a lot of people.But the question is : Will be the bass accentuation maybe be too much?The only way to know ,well we all know.
Thanks 86

Jan 13, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #84 of 194
hahaha,that's exactly what i am wondering right now.Well from you reviews and others member point of views both seem to handle greatly with most of energic genres;I have been intrigued by the V6,but to shorten the choosing range i discarted it for now.
At the moment i am more prone and willing to gain some patience ,save some money until December and for the 8.A price to go a little down.I just hope they accept hard acrylic impression because of the great distance between Brazil and China,so those mold won't shrink as opposite as those made in silicon.

BTW,when you will get some V6 to let us now how do you thing about them?They may send you a free pair.
biggrin.gif

Jan 13, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #85 of 194
I've sent impressions to CIEM companies all over the globe and never had a shrinkage issue. Anecdotally it takes anywhere from 3 months to 6 or even 12 months before significant shrinkage occurs. Shipping should only take 4-6 weeks at the most, to reach Heir or 1964 or whoever you choose. So unless they let your impressions sit there for a few months, you'll be fine. 

I have not yet approached 1964 about the V6, as I'm really busy with other reviews. Maybe one of these days. 

Jan 13, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #86 of 194
Quote:
Welcome Killer,congrats for your purchase.Well,i think that an amp and a dac would always benefit,but you have to check it by yourself,or may you can ask to some more experienced users around here.
Don't forget to post your impressions as soon you gen your hands on!

sure will !
does anyone have experience with the digizoid zo2?
and can you guys recommend some good amps and dacs for the v3.(also some portable dac's and amps please.)

Jan 13, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #87 of 194
Quote:
I've sent impressions to CIEM companies all over the globe and never had a shrinkage issue. Anecdotally it takes anywhere from 3 months to 6 or even 12 months before significant shrinkage occurs. Shipping should only take 4-6 weeks at the most, to reach Heir or 1964 or whoever you choose. So unless they let your impressions sit there for a few months, you'll be fine. 

I have not yet approached 1964 about the V6, as I'm really busy with other reviews. Maybe one of these days. 

Well,Project,thank you again,i guess i should not be worried about that doubt of mine.

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #88 of 194
Quote:
and can you guys recommend some good amps and dacs for the v3.(also some portable dac's and amps please.)

I find that it might be worth it to insvest in something good which don't hiss. My V3 makes noise with everything I have (even my ipod) excluding the O2. I am on my way for saving up for a leckerton mkii 6, since I have been told that it has no hiss and are a really good portable amp with a decent dac.

Jan 14, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #89 of 194
Quote:

I find that it might be worth it to insvest in something good which don't hiss. My V3 makes noise with everything I have (even my ipod) excluding the O2. I am on my way for saving up for a leckerton mkii 6, since I have been told that it has no hiss and are a really good portable amp with a decent dac.

280 bucks is alot. does look nice but how about the zo2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back