Reveel headphone amp to recreate the authentic live sound
Jan 25, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #17 of 26
Anyone who can compare this gadget with software like Isone, SHEPPi, J Rivers soundstage enhancer, Dolby, some other crossfeed etc?
119 dollar is not much compared to some of the other gear I have, but if it's inferior to the cheaper software I see no point.

Jan 25, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #18 of 26
Does this function in any way similar to a crossfeed?  It seems interesting but I'm hoping it doesn't have the opposite effect in making some already hard panned recordings even worse in that regard.  Also, does it seem to affect the power output or transparency when connected to another headamp?

Jan 26, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #19 of 26
  Does this function in any way similar to a crossfeed?  It seems interesting but I'm hoping it doesn't have the opposite effect in making some already hard panned recordings even worse in that regard.  Also, does it seem to affect the power output or transparency when connected to another headamp?

no, absolutely. Crossfeed is a different way to blend to sound between left and right. But here is a signal compensation stage. That means it make your headphones sound clearer, wider and more dynamic. 

Feb 3, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #20 of 26
Received one today.  Impressions to come.

Feb 5, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #21 of 26
  Received one today.  Impressions to come.

Thanks very much for anything you can contribute.

Deciding whether to try it or wait for a possible version with no headphone amp, a strict compensation circuit only unit, since my DAP is not something I want to double amp or lose the built in amp section's impressive quality.

Thanks Unless i misunderstood it, but the amp and circuit have to be on at the same time right, the only other option being a direct passthrough with nothing at all  enabled?

Feb 5, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #22 of 26
Thanks very much for anything you can contribute.

Deciding whether to try it or wait for a possible version with no headphone amp, a strict compensation circuit only unit, since my DAP is not something I want to double amp or lose the built in amp section's impressive quality.

Thanks Unless i misunderstood it, but the amp and circuit have to be on at the same time right, the only other option being a direct passthrough with nothing at all  enabled?

The amplification will always be there no matter what the device is like. Its just how the circuitry works. The amplifier is set to amplify a set amount and that's it. Its a cool product and works well. Just needs a better implementation. The floor noise is high to the point you can't use it with IEMs at all and it has NO shielding at all. Its an awkward physical device and wouldn't implement well with a DAP and amp setup. Its a cool taste of what it can do but needs to be done better for audiophiles to really look at it.

I believe it amplifies 3.1db over input and is set at that.

Hope this helps

Feb 8, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #23 of 26
Didn't find any place to buy this from europe yet, any fellow europeans that looked? About the bypass mode I'm not fully convinced of this thread and want to try out myself, I'm mastering hardstyle music on a daily basis for newcomer producers, I also made the interesting Dolby Headphone custom config that many love on this forums (LCD2 user included) and a fan of realistic soundstage simulations so I should be able to tell what is the case. 

I also took note of that in Tyll's interview of the creator behind this tech at CES, he mentioned that this is a fully analog solution, which brings my hope up that in bypass, indeed it still does the processing as if it's an analog solution, one would think as long as the signal passes the device, it does 'something'. Well unless the signal is rerouted internally.

Mar 5, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #24 of 26
Tyll's review is out

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/goodie-or-gimmick-bsg-technologies-reveel-signal-completion-stage-headphones

Apparently its quite nice though mid-fi 
And chapeau for Mr Tyll explaining how this process take place in its written review as well as in the video.

I have read in other forums that it can add some distortions..

Does any of you guys who owned it compared it to some similar VST pluggins availble ?

Apr 6, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #25 of 26
yes, I'd like to second the request for comparisons to VST plug-ins etc.
for what it's worth, I got a Reveel a couple months ago, and have been using it with various portable sources; it does less than a high-quality portable amp, but more than listening without an amp. not sure it's worth it on high-res tracks, but certainly does something to lower-res and older tracks...

Jul 9, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #26 of 26

Users who are viewing this thread

Back