Reveal Plugins - DSP for Audeze Headphones.
Jun 25, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #286 of 418
  1. Are you using your personal profile or the generic profile?
  2. Does this happen if you turn off Aural map and just use the Audeze presets for LCD-X?
  3. To see if the problem is specific to A+, will it be possible for you to try it with Jriver (Trial version)? You can enable Jriver windows driver, point the Tidal app to play through Jriver. Then inside Jriver add Reveal+ plugin and set the output of Jriver to your DAC.

1. The issue occurs on both the personal and generic profiles
2. Yes the issue occurs with aural map off while just using the Audeze preset for LCD-X
3. Sorry no time tonight to try Jriver

The vocal echo effect is subtle with normal music, you have to listen intently to hear it.

Please try the song Destiny on Lenny Kravitz Baptism, the effect is easily noticeable there and any music that is predominantly vocal.

Jun 26, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #287 of 418
1. The issue occurs on both the personal and generic profiles
2. Yes the issue occurs with aural map off while just using the Audeze preset for LCD-X
3. Sorry no time tonight to try Jriver

The vocal echo effect is subtle with normal music, you have to listen intently to hear it.

Please try the song Destiny on Lenny Kravitz Baptism, the effect is easily noticeable there and any music that is predominantly vocal.
To update my experience with the free version of Reveal+ 1.4.1, I also get the doubling/echo effect, as follows...

NOT just with vocals. I get the effect on instrumentals, as well.
Echo/doubling does NOT occur with latency off, but does occur with any latency applied via the three filters.
Echo/doubling does NOT occur if I select 100% Wet, but DOES occur with any other mix.
System - iMac, MacOS 10.11.6 (to preserve integer mode), Audirvana (latest released version), EMM Labs DAC2X, Audio-gd Master 9, Audeze LCD-4

Jul 3, 2020 at 12:36 AM Post #288 of 418
I just downloaded 1.4.1 of Reveal. I cannot find a profile for the LCD24 which I just bought. Will it be added soon?

Jul 3, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #289 of 418
I've installed it.
But when I go to the Audeze folder, I don't find the vst3 file plug ins.

In fact its all empty
I found it on my Windows10 file under C:/Program Files/Steinberg/Vst Plugins EDIT: If you are using the 32 bit version you may want to replace "Program Files" with "Program Files (x86)". Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020 at 12:33 AM Post #290 of 418
Announcing Audeze Reveal+ 1.4.1

We have listened to your feedback and we have made Reveal more user friendly than ever and have added several exciting features.

Linear filters:
Audeze Reveal+ now lets you choose between four filters for the presets. You still have the zero latency but we have added linear filters of 32k, 64k and 132k tap lengths that lets you strike the right balance between latency and sound quality for monitoring, mixing, mastering or just listening.

image (7).png

Peak limiter and level indicator:
We have added a peak limiter that you can enable and customize and level indicators that will help you keep an eye on clipping.

Improvements to Aural Map:
  • Scanning your HRTF is easier than ever. We have added a QR display that will allow you to use a phone to capture your HRTF without requiring an App.
  • You can now request a trial from within the Reveal+ plugin
  • We have added L/R balance control to fine tune Aural Map imaging.
  • Improved sound experience with both Carlos de la Garza and Warren Huart’s studio

Jul 8, 2020 at 12:44 AM Post #291 of 418
Announcing Audeze Reveal+ 1.4.1

We have listened to your feedback and we have made Reveal more user friendly than ever and have added several exciting features.

Linear filters:
Audeze Reveal+ now lets you choose between four filters for the presets. You still have the zero latency but we have added linear filters of 32k, 64k and 132k tap lengths that lets you strike the right balance between latency and sound quality for monitoring, mixing, mastering or just listening.

Peak limiter and level indicator:
We have added a peak limiter that you can enable and customize and level indicators that will help you keep an eye on clipping.

Improvements to Aural Map:
  • Scanning your HRTF is easier than ever. We have added a QR display that will allow you to use a phone to capture your HRTF without requiring an App.
  • You can now request a trial from within the Reveal+ plugin
  • We have added L/R balance control to fine tune Aural Map imaging.
  • Improved sound experience with both Carlos de la Garza and Warren Huart’s studio
What is best filter for sound quality period, for listening?

Are you saying there is a trial to the hrtf based part of reveal +
?

Jul 8, 2020 at 12:52 AM Post #292 of 418
What is best filter for sound quality period, for listening?

Are you saying there is a trial to the hrtf based part of reveal +
?
My preference for listening is the 'High quality'.

Yes, there is a 15 day trial period for the HRTF (aural Map) portion of Reveal. It ha always been that way since release. HRTFs take time to get used to and their effectiveness differs from person to person. which is why we have a fully functional trial period.

Jul 14, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #293 of 418
I need help, please.

I download the file Reveal+ Free v1.4.1.exe and install the program.
After the QR Code and make a picture of my right ear, there is no program like reveal+.

In the directory WinC: /program file/ Audeze i have only HRTFDownloader.exe .

There is no Reveal+!

I can only start the HrtfDownloader and nothing else. And im be locked with my email.
What is wrong?

I have only these here:

Audeze HrtDownloader.JPG

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #294 of 418
I need help, please.

I download the file Reveal+ Free v1.4.1.exe and install the program.
After the QR Code and make a picture of my right ear, there is no program like reveal+.

In the directory WinC: /program file/ Audeze i have only HRTFDownloader.exe .

There is no Reveal+!

I can only start the HrtfDownloader and nothing else. And im be locked with my email.
What is wrong?

I have only these here:

Audeze HrtDownloader.JPG
Reveal+ is not a program/executable. It is a plugin that requires a host. A host is another program (either a music player like Jriver) or a DAW (like Reaper, Pro-tools).

You will find these links helpful:
https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...and-Use-in-Host-Apps-Logic-REAPER-JRiver-etc-
https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...Questions-Technical-Specs-and-Troubleshooting

Jul 17, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #295 of 418
Doing the trial of Reveal+ 1.4.1, and in all of the 3 Linear Phase modes there is a noticeable delayed doubling of the vocals in the background, almost like an echo. Changing to Minimum Phase solves the issue. Both studios and speaker combos seem to have the the same issue. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix? Using LCD-X thru A+ for Windows and Mojo.
Is this happening only when the apply preset knob is not set to 100% (all the way to the right)?

Aug 16, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #299 of 418
I would love to see a graph showing what each headphone selection actually changes in FR response.

Aug 23, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #300 of 418
Doesnt work with roon yet? Cant choose any of the New ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back