Reveal Plugins - DSP for Audeze Headphones.
Aug 23, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #302 of 418
Roon has it's own built in Audeze presets. Reveal plugin is not meant to be used with Roon. Could you provide more information on what you are trying to do?
Just Wanted to try the New filter. I only have linear and low latency like before.

Aug 24, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #304 of 418
Hi, I wanted to share my findings on getting the latest Reveal+ v1.4.2 VST plugin working in Foobar2000. I was using v1.3.1 for a while without issue via the foo_vst 2.4 VST wrapper, but after upgrading to Reveal+ v1.4.2 I was getting constant crashes when starting playback.

The first way to get it working is to simply keep restarting Foobar2000 and attempting to play until it works without crashing, this usually takes about 5-10 attempts and once it plays ok you are good to go until you close Foobar2000.

Since I am a software engineer I was able to take a deep dive into the issue and figure out what is going on. I traced the issue to the way foo_vst is suspending and resuming the Reveal+ plugin quickly which causes Reveal+ to crash. I reported my detailed findings to Audeze and they may fix this issue in the next version of Reveal+ so we won't need a new version of foo_vst to get things working with Foobar2000.

In the meantime, I also create a patch for foo_vst (original source: https://github.com/yegorpetrov/foo_vst) that fixes the crashes with Reveal+ 1.4.2 if anyone is interested, please see the attachment. Please PM me if you would like me to send you the new foo_vst.dll with this fix since it's tricky to compile.

Thanks!

Attachments

• foo_vst-reveal-fix.txt
    931 bytes · Views: 0
Sep 2, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #306 of 418
We have released version 1.4.2 that fixes the issue

Great news. I've already downloaded latest version. Unfortunately unreadable size of font and too small plugin windows on high resolutions notebooks screen has not been fixed, making it really hard to use the plugin under Windows. Still waiting patiently to reply after passing this ticket from Audeze to Embody.

Sep 12, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #307 of 418
@KMann

Hi,
I just got my new LCD-i4 IEM yesterday. Got two questions here.
1, My main set up is A&K SP2000 player, do you have any pre-set EQ settings I can input to the player? Similar to the one in Reveal plugin?
2, If the SP2000 can't do it, then I can use my second set up, which is to use my phone(Samsung S20 ultra)+ USB DAC (Dragonfly cobalt). Do you have any app for the Android similar to the one in Iphone, so that I can have the preset EQ setting? Or do you have any EQ setting recommandation for Dragonfly DAC?

The reason I'm asking, is because I tried LCDi4 +CIPHER on my wife's Iphone, with Audeze app. It's a different sound than use on my Samsung or SP2000. And I actualy love it. But I can not justify the cost and troubles to buy another Iphone just for this.
So can you help me on this please? Any pre-set EQ settings for SP2000 or for Andriod phone with Dragonfly DAC? I want to have a similar result compare with Iphone or Reveal plugin.

I'm a newbie to Audeze headphones, so bear with me please.
Thank you

Sep 12, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #308 of 418
@KMann

Hi,
I just got my new LCD-i4 IEM yesterday. Got two questions here.
1, My main set up is A&K SP2000 player, do you have any pre-set EQ settings I can input to the player? Similar to the one in Reveal plugin?
2, If the SP2000 can't do it, then I can use my second set up, which is to use my phone(Samsung S20 ultra)+ USB DAC (Dragonfly cobalt). Do you have any app for the Android similar to the one in Iphone, so that I can have the preset EQ setting? Or do you have any EQ setting recommandation for Dragonfly DAC?

The reason I'm asking, is because I tried LCDi4 +CIPHER on my wife's Iphone, with Audeze app. It's a different sound than use on my Samsung or SP2000. And I actualy love it. But I can not justify the cost and troubles to buy another Iphone just for this.
So can you help me on this please? Any pre-set EQ settings for SP2000 or for Andriod phone with Dragonfly DAC? I want to have a similar result compare with Iphone or Reveal plugin.

I'm a newbie to Audeze headphones, so bear with me please.
Thank you
Below are the Parametric EQ settings on my DAP (using UAPP) to mimic the Cipher DSP. I think this and other similar EQs have been posted here or on the LCDi4 thread.

In addition, the Anker adaptor at the link below will allow you to use the Cipher with any device that has a USB C output.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07R6MKJZH?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Attachments

• CD8EC888-6420-4A88-85AF-578B4AA9E158.jpeg
    CD8EC888-6420-4A88-85AF-578B4AA9E158.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Oct 30, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #309 of 418
Did the issues with the linear phase filters every get resolved?

I just downloaded the newest build 1.5 and in Audirvana the linear phase filters cause clicking and popping during playback. There's no problem with the min. phase filter.

Oct 31, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #310 of 418
Did the issues with the linear phase filters every get resolved?

I just downloaded the newest build 1.5 and in Audirvana the linear phase filters cause clicking and popping during playback. There's no problem with the min. phase filter.

I always had some issues with Reveal and Audirvana on Windows including yours. The small screen resolution haven't been fixed while I reported it while ago and never heard back either from Audezee or Embedded after they've told me they passed the issue to software developer. I've switched to tone boosters plugin and I think it sound better on some tracks at least. The main thing is I never had any issues with tone booster software together with Audirvana. That also pushed me away from Reveal+ plugin purchase.

Nov 7, 2020 at 8:21 AM Post #311 of 418
hi
where the installer put the VST file ?
reveal 1.5
i want to use it with foobar

Nov 7, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #312 of 418
hi
where the installer put the VST file ?
reveal 1.5
i want to use it with foobar
never mind , i just found it

Nov 18, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #313 of 418
I am currently burning in my M15, cable and i4's I just got. I have been using KMann's 6 band settings and it sounds good, but noticed recently that Toneboosters now has 10 band PEQ. Could anyone help with a similar 10 band PEQ that mimics Reveal or Cypher please?

Jan 15, 2021 at 3:58 AM Post #314 of 418
@KMann Any plans to work with a partner on building this Into the onboard software for a hi powered portable DAC or DAP?

Audeze with Reveal is my absolutely favorite sonic signature with headphones. Being deep in the apple ecosystem, I’d be very interested in something portable or transportable to more easily access peak experience with your products anywhere, anytime in a more convenient way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back