Reveal Plugins - DSP for Audeze Headphones.
Jul 13, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #331 of 418
@KMann I have the same question. Can you shed any light? Thank you!
This is a question best answered by the good folks at Embody at support@embodyvr.co. New revision profiles will be coming soon, no specific ETA. The LCD-X profile is going to be very similar to the old one, but the XC profile needs a lot of tweaks so I wouldn't recommend using the old profile with the new drivers.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jul 13, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #332 of 418
Has anyone had any issues with the volume level changing when using reveal+ 1.5 and foobar when switching between sample rates? ie. song is playing at 24/96, then the next song is 24/44e etc? I usually end up closing foobar and opening it again to get the proper volume level.

Jul 17, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #334 of 418
I’ve recently got Audeze LCD-X headphones. How do I get the profile for these into Audirvana? I have a Mac with Audirvana installed. Do I need to buy Reveal+ ($199) just to load the LCD-X profile into Audirvana?
Okay, @Audeze just to ask my question more clearly now as I've got Audeze Reveal+ working with Audirvana. I'm in the trial period. I don't need any of the mixing room simulations, the ear tuning thing, etc. I just want the LCD-X drivers doing their frequency correction. Once the trial period expires, will I be able to retain just the correction part of Audeze Reveal+ as a plug-in to Audirvana without having to spend $199?

Jul 18, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #335 of 418
Okay, @Audeze just to ask my question more clearly now as I've got Audeze Reveal+ working with Audirvana. I'm in the trial period. I don't need any of the mixing room simulations, the ear tuning thing, etc. I just want the LCD-X drivers doing their frequency correction. Once the trial period expires, will I be able to retain just the correction part of Audeze Reveal+ as a plug-in to Audirvana without having to spend $199?

Here's a link to the Audeze customer support page where you can download Audeze Reveal. This is the free and not plus version.

https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...gacy-Version-of-Audeze-Reveal-plugin-for-DAWs

Jul 18, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #336 of 418
Jul 18, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #337 of 418
Can't you simply use the current version of Reveal without a paid activation just for the headphone presets? I've been doing that though all the updated versions. I would like to know if there have been any changes to policy, but I don't think so.

I always though that the Reveal plugins consists of two components: Reveal+ and Embody. I just make sure the Embody aural map function is disabled and use the presets, which I think are free.

The reason why this is important, at least for me in my systems, is that I could never get the linear phase preset algorithms working in the legacy versions. Only the newest version allows me to use the LP filters without horrible clicking and glitching. I do think the LP filters provide superior clarity to the minimum phase filter.

Jul 18, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #338 of 418
Can't you simply use the current version of Reveal without a paid activation just for the headphone presets? I've been doing that though all the updated versions. I would like to know if there have been any changes to policy, but I don't think so.

I always though that the Reveal plugins consists of two components: Reveal+ and Embody. I just make sure the Embody aural map function is disabled and use the presets, which I think are free.

The reason why this is important, at least for me in my systems, is that I could never get the linear phase preset algorithms working in the legacy versions. Only the newest version allows me to use the LP filters without horrible clicking and glitching. I do think the LP filters provide superior clarity to the minimum phase filter.
This is what I’ve asked @Audeze in Post #334 further up. But as I understand things now, the profile for the 2021 LCD-X isn’t even in the latest Reveal+ but is coming soon. So, even if you could just use the LCD-X profile without the aural tuning, it’s just not possible right now. However, on the plus side, the 2021 LCD-X may hardly need any tweaking anyway.

I“m sure things will be clearer once @Audeze are back online and have had a chance to catch up on this thread.

Jul 19, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #339 of 418
@KMann I have the same question. Can you shed any light? Thank you!
Not yet but we hope to do that soon. But what I can say is for now use LCD-4 EQ setting with LCD-X (only if you wanted a bit more presence). For XC the old XC EQ will not work and will be quite 'off'. For XC if you wish (and only if you want it to sound a bit warmer) you can add a tilt or a shelf like below
1626709727141.png

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #340 of 418
My Reveal+ Embody plugin expired today. I thought that only the Embody aural maps would be disabled, and that you could continue to use the free presets. However, the entire plugin no longer processes audio.

I've been using the free Reveal plugin ever since it was released. I've tried the aural maps, but I do not like the effect. I do still need the presets though. Is there no current free preset version being made available by Audeze, only legacy versions?

Try as I might I could never get the linear phase filters to work on those old versions. It is only with the current version that they process correctly without stuttering.

Can anyone shed light on this situation?

Thanks!

Jul 20, 2021 at 11:50 PM Post #341 of 418
My Reveal+ Embody plugin expired today. I thought that only the Embody aural maps would be disabled, and that you could continue to use the free presets. However, the entire plugin no longer processes audio.

I've been using the free Reveal plugin ever since it was released. I've tried the aural maps, but I do not like the effect. I do still need the presets though. Is there no current free preset version being made available by Audeze, only legacy versions?

Try as I might I could never get the linear phase filters to work on those old versions. It is only with the current version that they process correctly without stuttering.

Can anyone shed light on this situation?

Thanks!
Let me check with Embody, it is certainly not expected to disable the whole plugin.

Jul 21, 2021 at 4:48 AM Post #342 of 418
Not yet but we hope to do that soon. But what I can say is for now use LCD-4 EQ setting with LCD-X (only if you wanted a bit more presence). For XC the old XC EQ will not work and will be quite 'off'. For XC if you wish (and only if you want it to sound a bit warmer) you can add a tilt or a shelf like below
1626709727141.png
I did some experimenting today with Reveal+ and my 2021 LCD-X headphones through Audirvana. I used the LCD-4 profile for my 2021 LCD-X headphones.

Test 1 - No EQ applied
Quite a dark sound. Plenty of mid-bass, Mids a little distant.

Test 2 - Reveal+ using LCD-4 profile (everything else disabled)
Sound is a lot more forward, perhaps due to elevated mids. A nice uplift in bass. Sparkling highs (which I really like!). The overall sound is more relaxed now: great for longer-term listening. Greater (perceived) clarity in the sound.

Test 3 - Oratory1990 LCD-X 2021 configured in AUNBandEQ (Audio Units)
Profile located on this page: https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/wiki/index/list_of_presets
Sound is quieter and more distant (possibly due to -9.5dB overall gain setting). Increased (perceived) clarity.

So the LCD-4 profile applied to the 2021 LCD-X headphones is pretty good for a more musical sound. It would be great to test the actual 2021 LCD-X profile in Reveal+ when it is available.

Aug 1, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #343 of 418
Aug 1, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #345 of 418
My Reveal+ plugin has also expired. Any news on this? It would be good to have an official EQ plugin from Audeze for my 2021 LCD-X headphones.

Cc: @Audeze
Yeah, good news, Audeze is fully committed to supporting their phones with the free EQ presets

Something got mixed up which is why the Embody plugin currently disables everything when it expires. I'm told the upcoming release which would be out in a matter of weeks now will correct this. After expiration only the aural maps should be disabled and the phone presets should still work.

We just have to hang on for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back