Revamp Acoustics
Sep 3, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #534 of 765
I have both OTG and Developer modes on. I've tried numerous dac/amps direct to my phones and my P1 is among the few that didn't work. Haven't tried it since before the last two firmware updates though.

Sep 3, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #538 of 765
After some troubleshooting, I managed to solve the pop/clicking issue.
Since all my music files are stored and backup as one single file and cue per each album(16/44.1 flac or wav), I need to split them to individual tracks to be played in p1.
The culprit is foobar convertor. All the files split with foobar even with metadata tags removed, it still has the click/pop sound at the end or in the beginning of playback.
Simply using cuetools to do the splitting and conversion has eliminated the click sound.
I'm not sure why this happens only to p1, as my the other two players do not have that issue.
I can finally enjoy the music from p1 now!

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #539 of 765
P1 is using old Multibit DAC that very sensitive to sample rate change.
Zishan or Walnut is using Delta Sigma DAC, so It's like my Teri G1, it's more immune to sample rate change.
I was do tricky function in firmware side to eliminate the click, but it's just eliminate, not completely silent.

@tjstyle
Is there anyway to eliminate the annoying click/pop sound in the beginning playback of each track(regardless of file format, the sound can be mild to slightly loud, same files in the same sd card does not have this issue on zishan v2). I'm on the latest firmware.
I read somewhere it said "
If audio software or hardware player re-initialize DAC for each track, DC bias may be listened as click. To avoid such pops Smooth DC processing is recommended.

DAC condition changing may cause clicks."
In the case of p1, what do think the cause of the issue?

After some troubleshooting, I managed to solve the pop/clicking issue.
Since all my music files are stored and backup as one single file and cue per each album(16/44.1 flac or wav), I need to split them to individual tracks to be played in p1.
The culprit is foobar convertor. All the files split with foobar even with metadata tags removed, it still has the click/pop sound at the end or in the beginning of playback.
Simply using cuetools to do the splitting and conversion has eliminated the click sound.
I'm not sure why this happens only to p1, as my the other two players do not have that issue.
I can finally enjoy the music from p1 now!

I will test this function in recent update to confirm are USB DAC is working in recent update.
I have both OTG and Developer modes on. I've tried numerous dac/amps direct to my phones and my P1 is among the few that didn't work. Haven't tried it since before the last two firmware updates though.

Sep 4, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #540 of 765
Zishan or Walnut is using Delta Sigma DAC, so It's like my Teri G1, it's more immune to sample rate change.
I was do tricky function in firmware side to eliminate the click, but it's just eliminate, not completely silent.

Thanks for the insight! It is clear now different DAC' s sensitivity to sample rate change, may result to the possible click differently.
Take a google of this pop/click issue, seems like quite a lot of users experiencing it, even though I suppose most of them are having modern players which using delta sigma DAC. While developers like yourself have already anticipated the probability of the issue, and you work to your best to minimise it, end users will have to look into other variables that could bring the issue.
For my case, since I only play cue file with a large single file, for quite a long time, which completely rule out the click issue. With p1, I will have relearn on playing track to track on individual file.
As I shared earlier, different covertors do play a part for the cause. 16/44.1 files seems relatively easier to fix, as the source most likely are from red book CD.
Hi-res files can be more complicated.
I paid for a convertor which says will be able to get rid of the clicking issue for DSD files (aul convertor).
But from my experience of using the convertor, not all DSD file which have the click issue can be salvaged, and the software developer does make it clear, if the click noise is inherited from the original iso file, it's unlikely to eliminate it even using his convertor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back