Return sales?
Jul 29, 2009 at 11:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

jpelg

Needs a regular fix of 'Fi
'06 Nat Meet Co-Coordinator
Are all returns sold as "B-stock"?

smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 9, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #4 of 15
i've whined about this elsewhere, but i recently purchased "new" full price HD800s from a sponsor and registered the serial number with Sennheiser. I thought they seemed like returns, for various reasons, but the seller - when i was finally able to reach him - never let on. A couple of days later, Sennheiser Germany informed me that the cans had been registered to someone else, and asked me to send photos of the serial number and a copy of my receipt. I called Sennheiser USA directly and they sent me a brand new set of cans. Lucky for me the seller was an "authorized" seller.

Happy ending, but also kind of a bummer having to go through that.

Buyer beware....

Sep 9, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by 563 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've whined about this elsewhere, but i recently purchased "new" full price HD800s from a sponsor and registered the serial number with Sennheiser. I thought they seemed like returns, for various reasons, but the seller - when i was finally able to reach him - never let on. A couple of days later, Sennheiser Germany informed me that the cans had been registered to someone else, and asked me to send photos of the serial number and a copy of my receipt. I called Sennheiser USA directly and they sent me a brand new set of cans. Lucky for me the seller was an "authorized" seller.

Happy ending, but also kind of a bummer having to go through that.

Buyer beware....

Given that this post is in the headroom forum, you're not talking about headroom are you? Because if you're not, this isn't the appropriate place for that.

Sep 10, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #6 of 15
Nope - in fact, I've had great service from Headroom - I have the ultra micro stack and dps from Headroom - and I should have bought the HD800 from Headroom as well (though, as noted, all's well that ended well, eventually, thanks to Senn USA)...

Anyway, I was just responding to the comment regarding returns. Is there a better place to post/move my message? (I'm obviously new on head-fi.org). I don't feel comfortable posting it on the particular sponsor in question's site, I have to admit, given my experience with him. Thanks.

Oct 7, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #11 of 15
I just received some B Stock Denon D5000 from Headroom and they are absolutely not as described. They were listed 'like new' on their site but they feel very well used, the earpads are not that firm and there is white shielding literally showing through on the cable in several places. The cable was pretty mangled also and it looks and feels like it has been put through a lot of travel in a backpack or something. Not even close to 'like new'.

Oct 7, 2009 at 10:34 AM Post #12 of 15
Sorry to hear about that. Hmmm. Like new, means that you likely paid a price pretty close to the 'new' price.

Oct 7, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by phototristan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received some B Stock Denon D5000 from Headroom and they are absolutely not as described.

Hello,

This customer was contacted and the offer was made to replace the 'B-stock' headphones asap.

He refused and was offered a full refund instead, which was accepted.

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Oct 7, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #14 of 15
This thread has gone a bit off-topic, and HR never answered my OP.

Oct 8, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are all returns sold as "B-stock"?

smily_headphones1.gif

Hello,

Most customer & reviewer product returns make it onto the 'B-Stock' listings once they've cleared our HeadRoom inspection process.

Of course, defective items get sent back to the manufacturer.

Cheers,

Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Users who are viewing this thread

Back